Stupidest comments made towards metal by non-metal fans.

It's just screaming and growling, all ra ra ra
Your music has no talent
It's all shit
Don't you listen to anything calm?
How can you listen to this crap?
Haha slipknot suck (shouted by some baseball capped, track suited retard from accross the street whilst i was wearing my Dissection t-shirt)
Cradle of Filth are death metal, you need some fucking musical education you stupid townie (said to me by some 13 year old wannabe goth retard who makes out she listens to death, black and thrash metal, yet she listens to cof, linkin park, slipknot, korn etc...)

Ha, that was good Lordfireworm. Usually you could just quote allwihinmymonster, but he stopped playing the fool all the sudden.

One person said this:
"I'm curious as to who here likes black metal. I've been a fan of Cradle of Filth for several years, and I also like Dimmu Borgir.
Does anyone else know of good bands?"
"Slipknot is thrash metal. They are not nu-metal."

All of the following ones were made by one person, and all these are real... unfortunately:

"Disturbed is death metal"
""Korn, is indeed heavy... how can you say they are not? I don't get it..."
"The Black Album is Metallica's best"
"Don't you think that if death metal was GOOD enough they would play it on TV or Radio more often? Or is it because of the fact that most death metal bands just can't cut it...?"
"Korn will never split, they are the best of friends, and just love writing music together. Head and Munky are the perfect guitar team, they both work off eachothers riffs so greatly."
"I feel Adema is a pretty solid band"
"Are you just a complete fucking idiot? Korn has some of the most in-depth and most meaningful lyrics imaginable. They are the best, and best written lyrics known to many... all filled with such hate, and emotion that just gives you that raw feeling of what Jon Davis is trying to say.
"Eminems older stuff was quite good, and he has a few new songs that are ok as well."
"...Korns not TV friendly... Slipknot isnt TV friendly... I honestly have never seen MTV or VH1 play Korns newest song which is talking about how they hate singles... "Y'all Want A Single"."
"I can definitely see Opeth/Morbid Angel/Moonspell going mainstream in a couple years."
"Untouchables was not corporate at all.. they had plenty of time and were not pressured... they had 3 years, that they worked on that CD... it the bands... "Dark Side of the Moon" CD... i like it a lot..."
"Well, I personally have yet to see any korn/slipknot video aired on TV."
"Eminem can actually write music better than you can. I have seen clips of eminem playing the drums and the guitar, and he is pretty good, to be quite honest with you. He is enjoyed by many, because he is on MTV a lot, this is true, but aside from that he still is a very talented artist, (with a horrible voice) that is different from all rappers with his beats and his lyrics."
"Korn makes the rules, and Epic follows." (to which someone responded anyway, the way i see it, epic is holding a carrot in front of korn, and korn just chases it wherever. the definition of corporate music.)
"Anyhow, Korn tells Epic/Immortal what THEY want, and Epic/Immortal follows, because they don't want to lose Korn."
"Korn, is very unique and very different from all metal bands out there, you can ask anyone that and I'm sure they would agree with you. Yes, Epic only cares about money, but listen what in God's name do you think those other "non major label" companies are trying to do? They are all trying to BECOME MAJOR LABEL companies."
"Obviously if that company has their OWN website obviously they are trying to get more popular and more MAJOR."

and the one that made me quite pissed off:
"Mushroomhead is better than Agalloch"
I found out later that he didn't even listen to them, but goddamn...

Barnolde said:
"Eminems older stuff was quite good, and he has a few new songs that are ok as well.
"I can definitely see Opeth/Morbid Angel/Moonspell going mainstream in a couple years."
"Dark Side of the Moon" CD... i like it a lot..."

I agree with those.

misfit said:
is it just me, or does it seem like the above post is a little too detailed - almost like a freudian slip or something.

for me, is the usual. i just ignore ppl though.

I just copy/pasted a bunch of quotes that I figured would be best fitting from someone on another board.

I see in a General Magazine in My Country that Evanescence is Death Metal... And of course is a Lie that Evanescence is metal... But is truth that somebody say it

Winter_Wrath said:
I see in a General Magazine in My Country that Evanescence is Death Metal... And of course is a Lie that Evanescence is metal... But is truth that somebody say it

It's not that far-fetched, I've seen it done before with other bands. To some with no interest in or contact with the metal scene, contemporary music with distorted guitars is either "nu-metal", if the singer raps, or "death metal", if he/she doesn't.

This isn't directed at Metal per se, but I get this a lot:

"You're closed-minded because you don't like much music other than Metal"

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: