Suggestions for facing the lonely winter nights?

and as for the original question by hitler:

well, hitler, you definitely asked the right person :) here are my recommendations:

i wont suggest any anathema and antimatter. those you already know.

björk - bachelorette
bob dylan - one more cup of coffee
counting crows - colorblind
duran duran - come undone
elton john - blessed
goo goo dolls - black balloon
goo goo dolls - iris
goo goo dolls - name
jewel - foolish games
john lennon - real love
john lennon - jealous guy
katatonia - sulfur
katatonia - this punishment
katatonia - instrumental
katatonia - day
lauren christy - color of the night
lighthouse family - ain't no sunshine
lighthouse family - once in a blue moon
lighthouse family - sun in the night
lighthouse family - high
lighthouse family - lost in space
porcupine tree - nine cats
REM - gardening at night
REM - the parakeet
roxette - anyone
simply red - holding back the years
songs: ohia - how to be perfect men
songs: ohia - the ocean's nerves
songs: ohia - the rules of absence
the cranberries - when you're gone
the cranberries - linger
the cure - lovesong
tracy chapman - fast car
the verve - the drugs don't work
transatlantic - we all need some light
U2 - one

these are from my mp3 list. in case, you need more, i'll give a lot more from my CDs. :)

live - dance with you

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
things getting worse every minute :cry: i don't think i'll be on the forum the next few days :cry:
"i've a solution for this sad situation...." is flowing through my head continuesly

shit! what the hell is wrong with everybody these days?I know winter time can be depressing sometimes but who gives a damn, gather yourself up people!

Originally posted by ashure
shit! what the hell is wrong with everybody these days?I know winter time can be depressing sometimes but who gives a damn, gather yourself up people!

The winter is wrong. It´s raining cats and dogs all day long, getting dark at 5pm, it´s cold, the wind is blowing, everything that was green died allready and it´s getting worser and worser with every day!!!:( I HATE THIS!!! :mad:
Any questions?

Originally posted by Don Corleone

i wont suggest any anathema and antimatter. those you already know.
björk - bachelorette
counting crows - colorblind
duran duran - come undone
goo goo dolls - iris
jewel - foolish games
katatonia - this punishment
katatonia - day
lauren christy - color of the night
lighthouse family - high
the cranberries - linger
the cure - lovesong
the verve - the drugs don't work
U2 - one

well,Don;) i especially agree on the ones above
but i'll have to add some stuff...

*the bends/ok computer-Radiohead
*Discography-Tindersticks :worship:
*The boatman's call-Nick Cave
*discography-jeff buckley
discography-katatonia(esp.brave murder day-->Brave)
Sear me-Mdb
*Amelie OST
*The piano OST
*Requiem for a dream OST
*the virgin suicides OST
*how to measure a planet?-the gathering
estranged-Guns n' roses
*moon safari-AIR
with or without you-U2
the way-amorphis
The moonlight sonata
Adagio in D-minor-Albinoni
*the colour of love-Celine Dion
this used to be my playgroung/take a bow-Madonna
*pieces of you-Jewel
*spirit-Jewel
etc etc

movies....

The virgin suicides deffo...

i dunno about you guys.but i adore the movie"My girl"with macaulay culkin.may seem silly to some,bit i grew up with it and it always makes me cry boohoo!

Interview with the vampire

Princess mononoke,Andromeda Stories and other japanese cartoon-movies,mostly from the 80's.they cut deep,that's for sure...

i cant think of any others atm(blonde)

lonely nights need:
saturnus(any)
nick cave-the good son
jethro tull-benefit
dark tranquillity-haven
pink floyd-the final cut
antimatter- a dream for the blind:p

all these contribute to a sweet sweet sleep!

as for movies:*the english patient*!:confused: pure greek trnslation...sophia heeelp!

Interesting. Most guys (including me) are on the downside these.... Hope things get better (I know they will - time heals).

Back on topic, I saw an ecxcellent movie on the Thessaloniki film fest 2 days ago by some Swedish guy named Lucas Moodysson... It's called "Lilja 4-ever" and it's so realistic and painful (talks about a 16 year old girl from Russia that is so poor and helpless that ends up being sexualy abused by all sorts of weird fucks, while not making any money). There are actualy thousands of girls that live like that in those poor countries of eastern europe. It was so intense that after it ended I started hating meself for being a man..... I got to find the rest of his movies...

saturnus - martyre
saturnus - paradise belongs to you.

be careful my friend, listening to this music
can tear you to shreds if yr feeling down.
i'm sure you know the feeling....
desperation.

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Living through some complicated times..? I wish you the best...

Me, I'm breaking the fuck down :cry:
Nevermind me, I don't mean to look for attention....

Welcome to the club, mate... Hey, try to cheer up allright? If there's something you haven't heard on the lists people here have suggested, just pick up a cd or two and concentrate on those... I just did that. There really should be a law that forbids bad things happening in the winter time. In the summer everything is somehow easier...

Originally posted by nogs00
saturnus - martyre
saturnus - paradise belongs to you.

be careful my friend, listening to this music
can tear you to shreds if yr feeling down.
i'm sure you know the feeling....
desperation.

I've heard good things about this Saturnus, maybe I should check 'em out also. Tho I think my bank account is drawing its last breath..

And about that music, yes I know what it can do to you, but still I prefer that than just facing things in silence u know?

dunno, but when I'm in bad times, listening to depressive music always relieved me...

Originally posted by speakinstone
tomorrow? do you know what time that'll be..(little late last time, i was..but that's cos of my work, which i'm not having anymore..so now i have all the time time time..and time.)
hey, me bro's comin here today, (you know the ND gig..:rolleyes: ) maybe we'll come tomorrow to buck you up, a little..?! we start to drink tonight, soon, so after 24 hours i think we should be kinda nice company..eh?! :D
no, i'd really like to hear you guys playing..!

hang on, mate!:)

:) We'll play last (there's two bands) 'cause the drummer of the first band wants go see Hellacopters, so I guess we'll be startin around 23:00 maybe? Maybe earlier.. Anyways it'd be nice if you make it, tho I'm kinda suspicious how it will go. I've had some problems with my voice lately and I guess smokin doesn't help much :rolleyes: And I ain't exactly in the mood for performin but whatever (do I sound like a wannabe-artist now? :err: )

Oh, and thanks to you and the others who suggested Buckley. I picked up Sketches yesterday and haven't listened to anything else since. Goosebumps.

Uh, it actually depends on the situation, but I guess if I listened to for example Requiem for a dream -soundtrack now, I'd probly saw my hand off... and tho I don't really listen to them, I think listening to MDB or similar stuff might not do good at the moment. I need bittersweet stuff, melancholy, not crushing desperation.

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
Uh, it actually depends on the situation, but I guess if I listened to for example Requiem for a dream -soundtrack now, I'd probly saw my hand off...

yeh..guess which's playing round and again into my head right now..and it won't very easily go away, that theme.
btw, i downloaded the trailer of 'two towers', from the official moviesite.. it was playing backrounds last night, and i wondered where the hell that theme from 'requiem for a dream' is comin..? and yes, there's exactly the same song playing in that tt's trailer..so whatta hell???

http://www.lordoftherings.net/two_towers/trailer/tt_trailer1.html

:confused: