Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I kind of always dismissed this particular album, favoring Minas Morgul and Stronghold. I just threw it on for the hell of it, and damn, this is really strong material.

"Our Foes Shall Fall" and the unfuckablewith "Farewell" are among Summoning's best, IMO.

Just thought I'd share, since I'm bored, Summoning rules, and their new one is coming out some time soon.

No idea why, but this is the only Summoning album I ever listen to. Fucking great stuff, but I really need to get into the other albums more.

Erik said:
"In Hollow Halls Beneath the Falls" :kickass:

Awesome Tolkein-cribbed songtitle!

I have this album, but I've never really paid due attention to it. I always put it on when I go to sleep... but I really like what I've heard of it so far!

I agree with Erik. But I always used to think, other than a few songs, it was a snoozer. I realize now it's solid through and through, just not as much as some of the others.

I almost bought this cd when I saw it in the store, but it was 32 friggin dollars. I should give some more listens to summoning to be sure if I like them or not.

This album has 4 stand-out tracks (all quoted above) but the rest is slightly to frankly meh. Therefore my least favourite by Summoning, save "Lugburz" which I heard only once. "Dol Guldur" reigns supreme IMHO.

Yeah, this has always been a let down for me. Maybe one day I'll come to like it. Truth is, when I want Summoning, I throw on Stronghold or Dol Guldur.

Stronghold is probably my fave now. The artwork is stunning too.

I am on a Summoning kick right now, and I finally put this one on after only listening to MM, DG, and Stronghold. My first listen was this is fairly mediocre, then upon reading more about the album, looking at the artwork, the lyrics, and listening again. I have to admit this is absolutely fantastic.

I don't think I've ever heard anything bad by these guys.

I have Stronghold and Oath Bound.

I likely won't buy any more of their stuff, but I do quite enjoy these. Makes me feel like I'm in a Duran Duran video, if Duran Duran videos were made during The First Age.