Supreme Court upholds health care law

I'm a life long libertarian. I've never been a republican or a democrat. I think they are, and have been for many, many years, crooks who don't give a shit about you, or me. I supported the war in Iraq and Afghanistan for oh, I'd say, about 6 fucking minutes, and I hated Bush pretty much his entire presidency. So don't give me that whole "Libertarians are just ashamed republicans" bullshit. I don't believe in god, I don't believe in forcing a woman to be pro life, I don't believe in locking up drug offenders for victimless crimes (that said, I've NEVER done a drug in my life, and am quite anti-drug myself, but I don't push that on anyone else), and I believe wholeheartedly in living and letting live. I'm also a capitalist that believes in getting rewarded for hard work and getting shit on for being lazy. The world isn't fucking unicorns and rainbows, but most fucking liberals would tell you in a heart beat that they could make it that way if you let them. If you want to help out someone with their healthcare or something else and have the money to do it, then by all means, do it on your own dime. But don't fucking ask me to do it on mine when I have enough of my own problems to deal with.

Brent
I agree with most of that, and what DW said. That said, Im not idealistic. Many people simply cant afford to pay for healthcare and other insurance and lets face it, shit happens. Most medication and even the simplest surgeries are crippelingly expensive even to the upper middle class, which does not include that many people. I for one do not have a problem with sacrificing some of my tax dollars to such a great cause. If youre going to have a government it should damn well do everything in its power to help its people.
But all in all it comes down to "Im in it for myself" or "lets stick together". Im usually of the later category and Ill vote that way. Youre quite welcome to do the opposite, eather way, the majority will win. Thats the beauty of democracy (as long as WE can keep fucking corporate money in elections to a minimum, but thats a rant for another day)

I agree with most of that, and what DW said. That said, Im not idealistic. Many people simply cant afford to pay for healthcare and other insurance and lets face it, shit happens. Most medication and even the simplest surgeries are crippelingly expensive even to the upper middle class, which does not include that many people. I for one do not have a problem with sacrificing some of my tax dollars to such a great cause. If youre going to have a government it should damn well do everything in its power to help its people.
But all in all it comes down to "Im in it for myself" or "lets stick together". Im usually of the later category and Ill vote that way. Youre quite welcome to do the opposite, eather way, the majority will win. Thats the beauty of democracy (as long as WE can keep fucking corporate money in elections to a minimum, but thats a rant for another day)

Finally some civility. Great post.

Thats the beauty of democracy (as long as WE can keep fucking corporate money in elections to a minimum, but thats a rant for another day)

im not trying to provoke you ok, i find you be an alright guy... but the USA is a republic... a simple majority does not get it... a mojority voteing within the rules gets their way... Justice Roberts broke the rules... the constitition states the feds can tax us in only 3 ways... the 3rd way took an constitutional amendment.. the 16th.... Roberts declared the MANDATE a tax.. its unconstitutional... in more ways than one... 1st Roberts has not the right to legislate... thats what he did. He changed the wording of the bill... his job is to judge the legislation.. not wright it. It is also not his job to give advice on how to make something constitutional while settintg at his post. 2nd.. he just created a new form of federal taxation.

im not trying to provoke you ok, i find you be an alright guy... but the USA is a republic... a simple majority does not get it... a mojority voteing within the rules gets their way... Justice Roberts broke the rules... the constitition states the feds can tax us in only 3 ways... the 3rd way took an constitutional amendment.. the 16th.... Roberts declared the MANDATE a tax.. its unconstitutional... in more ways than one... 1st Roberts has not the right to legislate... thats what he did. He changed the wording of the bill... his job is to judge the legislation.. not wright it. It is also not his job to give advice on how to make something constitutional while settintg at his post. 2nd.. he just created a new form of federal taxation.

This is spot on.

Ok I'm done fucking with you guys. I only stoop to your level DLD because it's fun, same with Lynn. If I didn't find it entertaining, I wouldn't do it. Whether you take offense to this or not, it's not meant to be offensive: people like you are afraid of change. You're afraid to move forward and go outside your comfort zone. I consistently poke at that and I always will. I will always challenge anyone to a debate if I'm convinced I'm in the right, and I will never give up until you can prove to me that I'm wrong. The more offended and incensed you get, the more you will show your ignorance. I just wait for that moment when you lose it all and that's when I pounce and call you out. It's not very nice, but I'm not a very nice guy (unless you know me). People aren't scared awake or smacked with the hand of reason by nice people.

If you wanna bring up some bullshit about the constitution being broken, you need to start about a hundred fucking years ago and work your way up. You don't get to cherry pick what you think is ok to ignore and what is ok to follow in the constitution just because you don't like the latest shredding of the constitution. It's a fucking piece of paper written by a bunch of old farts with wooden teeth who squatted in the bushes to shit like ancient Romans. Stop turning the constitution into a fucking religion, because that's EXACTLY what you people are doing. The shit needs to be re-written and updated for 2012. Knock it off already.

I'm not idealistic at all, so all that feel-good, let's-be-proud-of-ourselves-for-being-idealistic-but-foolish nonsense doesn't faze me. Americans don't live in the real world anymore, and that's why progress is so slow. For being the leader of the free world, it's a fucking joke these days.

Not trolling, not fucking around, that's just how I feel. Stop getting offended for someone else, DLD. Lynn can take care of himself.

And to be honest, Lynn (as usual) had to bring my name into this from the very beginning. I only said that I thought the new health care plan is a win for the American people; it was he who started slinging shit, so if you want to blame someone for running his mouth, blame him.

DLD, since you're new here just realize that I come across really harsh sometimes, but I merely have very strong opinions. Truthfully, I do come across the wrong way sometimes but that's just how I am. Again, don't take it personally.

A friend of mine teases me regularly by telling me she's convinced that I have Asperger's. I just have an extreme reaction to people doing things that don't make sense, especially when it's out of simple idealism. It really gets to me because people die over other people's idealism. Maybe it's just a knee-jerk reaction due to having lived it and having experienced loss due to others' idealism, but to me there is nothing more infuriating than having the solution to the problem in front of you but not solving it simply because you're idealistic. Idealism is fine when it only affects you; when your idealism is the cause for others' suffering, that infuriates me and no amount of political tap dancing around the issue will ever change that. It's black and white. If the constitution said that proper health care without insurance companies interfering was wrong, I would say that the all writers of the constitution could all go fuck themselves. The constitution isn't a be-all, end-all...it's a road map written nearly 250 years ago and it was intended to be revised every few years. Therefore, if proper health care is against the constitution, FUCK THE CONSTITUTION. It's not like politicians give a shit about it, even though they never fail to mention it...that is, only when it suits them.

Your mustache isn't a handlebar, DLD. That's a redneck mustache. This is a proper handlebar like I was talking about:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...=79&start=0&ndsp=61&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:149

I tweak mine on the ends now because they're starting to get unruly. Need to get some wax. Mine's not as thick as this guy's because I trim it to keep it neat, but the length is there.

Ok I'm done fucking with you guys. I only stoop to your level DLD because it's fun, same with Lynn. If I didn't find it entertaining, I wouldn't do it.

>>>>YOU SEEM TO THINK IVE MADE A CAREER OUT OF MOMENTS LIKE THESE. THIS HAS BEEN MY SECOND "STOOPING" AS YOU CALL IT.. AT THIS FORUM. THE OTHER WAS DELETED... IVE DONE A LOT OF HISTORY READING AROUND HERE... YOU "STOOP" ALOT. I THINK YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAY YOU DO IT FOR FUN...

Whether you take offense to this or not, it's not meant to be offensive: people like you are afraid of change. You're afraid to move forward and go outside your comfort zone. I consistently poke at that and I always will. I will always challenge anyone to a debate if I'm convinced I'm in the right, and I will never give up until you can prove to me that I'm wrong. The more offended and incensed you get, the more you will show your ignorance. I just wait for that moment when you lose it all and that's when I pounce and call you out.

>>>YOU MEAN THATS WHEN YOU POUNCE AND SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE. THATS WHEN YOU BECOME OFFENDED AND INCENSED... THATS THE MOMENT WHEN YOU LOSE IT ALL

It's not very nice, but I'm not a very nice guy (unless you know me). People aren't scared awake or smacked with the hand of reason by nice people.

>>>>HAHAHA.. YOUR FUNNY

If you wanna bring up some bullshit about the constitution being broken, you need to start about a hundred fucking years ago and work your way up.

>>>>ITS NOT BROKEN... JUST NOT BEING FOLLOWED

You don't get to cherry pick what you think is ok to ignore and what is ok to follow in the constitution just because you don't like the latest shredding of the constitution.

>>>>I AGREE.. VERY MUCH SO... WE SHOULD FOLLOW IT TO THE 'T'.

It's a fucking piece of paper written by a bunch of old farts with wooden teeth who squatted in the bushes to shit like ancient Romans. Stop turning the constitution into a fucking religion, because that's EXACTLY what you people are doing. The shit needs to be re-written and updated for 2012. Knock it off already.

>>>>YOU WERE NEVER AN AMERICAN. THE CONSTITUTION IS A SHEET OF PAPER YES... BUT ITS THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO PROTECT US FROM DICTATORS LIKE YOU... FROM PPL WHO THROW RULES OUT OF THE WINDOW... LIKE YOU. ITS NOT MY RELIGION.... YOU HATE BEING WRONG.. I FOUND THAT OUT A WHILE BACK... WHEN YOU WENT THE FUCK ON ME FOR CALLING YOU OUT AS BEING WRONG THE FIRST TIME... YOUR MAKING A HABIT OF BEING WRONG... YOU TRY REALLY HARD TO MAKE ME FIT AS A GOOD OL BOY REPUB.... YOU JUST CANT DO IT... I RESPECT THE RULES OF MY NATION. THAST WHERE I FIT IN.. IF I LIVED IN YOUR NATION.. I WOULD RESPECT THE RULES YOU LIVE BY...

I'm not idealistic at all, so all that feel-good, let's-be-proud-of-ourselves-for-being-idealistic-but-foolish nonsense doesn't faze me. Americans don't live in the real world anymore, and that's why progress is so slow. For being the leader of the free world, it's a fucking joke these days.

>>>>PROGRESS IS SO SLOW BECOUSE AMERICA IS MOVING AWAY FROM OUR RULES... WE ARE GROWING INTO A EURO TYPE NATION. TOO MANY REGS ETC.. YOU SAID EARLIER THATS ITS WAY EASIER TO START A BIZ IN THE USA VERSES EURO... TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT IN THE WAY..

Not trolling, not fucking around, that's just how I feel. Stop getting offended for someone else, DLD. Lynn can take care of himself.

>>>HAHAHA... ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG. YOU OFFENDED ME AS WELL. GET OFF OUR AMERICAN ASSES.... WORRY ABOUT YOUR ITALIAN ASS... FOR A CHANGE.

And to be honest, Lynn (as usual) had to bring my name into this from the very beginning. I only said that I thought the new health care plan is a win for the American people; it was he who started slinging shit, so if you want to blame someone for running his mouth, blame him.

DLD, since you're new here just realize that I come across really harsh sometimes, but I merely have very strong opinions. Truthfully, I do come across the wrong way sometimes but that's just how I am. Again, don't take it personally.

A friend of mine teases me regularly by telling me she's convinced that I have Asperger's. I just have an extreme reaction to people doing things that don't make sense, especially when it's out of simple idealism. It really gets to me because people die over other people's idealism. Maybe it's just a knee-jerk reaction due to having lived it and having experienced loss due to others' idealism, but to me there is nothing more infuriating than having the solution to the problem in front of you but not solving it simply because you're idealistic. Idealism is fine when it only affects you; when your idealism is the cause for others' suffering, that infuriates me and no amount of political tap dancing around the issue will ever change that. It's black and white. If the constitution said that proper health care without insurance companies interfering was wrong, I would say that the all writers of the constitution including John Hancock's gigantic fucking signature could all go fuck themselves. The constitution isn't a be-all, end-all...it's a road map written nearly 250 years ago and it was intended to be revised every few years. Therefore, if proper health care is against the constitution, FUCK THE CONSTITUTION.

Your mustache isn't a handlebar, DLD. That's a redneck mustache. This is a proper handlebar like I was talking about:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...=79&start=0&ndsp=61&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:149

I tweak mine on the ends now because they're starting to get unruly. Need to get some wax. Mine's not as thick as this guy's because I trim it to keep it neat, but the length is there.

I really wish had posted this WITH your previous post.... some of the stuff i said in reply to the other post may seem a bit harsh now... some... not all...

anyway... thx for the summing up on a few points as to where you stand.

where I stand... Im not being idealistic... unless you call following the rules of my nation idealistic...

Please do not refer to me as redneck... and yes, you can look it up.. my facial hair is a handlebar... its an upside down handlebar mark 4... sometimes refered to as a 'biker' handlebar... Im sporting a full beard at the moment... along with my cunt hood.

yours is a pretty cool one.... i must say.

On the constitution... once again... it can be amended... the framers new it would need change... the government needs limits. they cant just do what they want... or at least they shouldnt ... Dont say fuck the constitution... if the leaders of my country want this health care stuff... do it the right way... amend... that would take both houses and 3/4's of the states... noone could argue health care then. Ya give those bastards an inch and they take a mile...

DLD, I'm just teasin' man. I like you dude, don't take my jabs to heart. Oh, and btw, don't apologize for stuff you said...I've got skin like sandpaper, man. I can take it. I only ask that you be well-informed and honest.

You do bring up a good point, and to be fair this whole thing just kinda got approved off the cuff. However, the Supreme Court simply ruled that it's not unconstitutional, nothing else. If Romney wins or any other president down the road wants to do away with it, they'll probably do away with it if they have the majority behind them. That is, if they think enough voters would want them to do away with it.

My horse in this race is this: why now? If we're going to cry about how it was done, then we need to cry about ALL the times our government has circumvented the constitution. Before it only affected us indirectly, but now that it affects us directly people are outraged. This is infuriating to me, but mainly just on principle alone. This is the "I don't really care as long as I don't have to do anything, but I won't tell you that" attitude in America today. It's pure, blatant hypocrisy.

Bush and Obama should have let Detroit fail along with the banks (remember the bailouts started with Bush). There should've been a giant reset button. I don't care how many people would've lost their jobs, the government shouldn't bail out private industries because of malfeasance. With those bailouts, they sent a clear message that they will be rewarded for fucking people.

Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld should be brought up on war crime charges as well as treason for outing Valerie Plame.

If the US is going to attack sovereign nations preemptively, there should be a draft. Women and men both should be able to serve on the front lines. If you serve in the military, your education and health care should be paid for for the rest of your life. If people are so supportive of the military then they should put their money where their mouth is and really support the military they love to extol to the point of nausea.

The word "God" should never appear on anything or be mentioned in the context of politics.

Voters should have to take a test to be able to vote. You should earn your right to be a citizen, and it shouldn't be simply because you were born.

These are just a few examples of how I think. The effects relating to the fallout of these decisions are all moot; what's right is right and that's the end of it.

DLD, I'm just teasin' man. I like you dude, don't take my jabs to heart. Oh, and btw, don't apologize for stuff you said...I've got skin like sandpaper, man. I can take it. I only ask that you be well-informed and honest.

You do bring up a good point, and to be fair this whole thing just kinda got approved off the cuff. However, the Supreme Court simply ruled that it's not unconstitutional, nothing else. If Romney wins or any other president down the road wants to do away with it, they'll probably do away with it if they have the majority behind them. That is, if they think enough voters would want them to do away with it.

My horse in this race is this: why now? If we're going to cry about how it was done, then we need to cry about ALL the times our government has circumvented the constitution. Before it only affected us indirectly, but now that it affects us directly people are outraged. This is infuriating to me, but mainly just on principle alone. This is the "I don't really care as long as I don't have to do anything, but I won't tell you that" attitude in America today. It's pure, blatant hypocrisy.

Bush and Obama should have let Detroit fail along with the banks (remember the bailouts started with Bush). There should've been a giant reset button. I don't care how many people would've lost their jobs, the government shouldn't bail out private industries because of malfeasance. With those bailouts, they sent a clear message that they will be rewarded for fucking people.

Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld should be brought up on war crime charges as well as treason for outing Valerie Plame.

If the US is going to attack sovereign nations preemptively, there should be a draft. Women and men both should be able to serve on the front lines.

These are just a few examples of how I think. The effects relating to the fallout of these decisions are all moot; what's right is right and that's the end of it.

I actually agree with MOST everything you just said.

If the US is going to attack sovereign nations preemptively, there should be a draft. Women and men both should be able to serve on the front lines.

The word "God" should never appear on anything or be mentioned in the context of politics.

Voters should have to take a test to be able to vote. You should earn your right to be a citizen, and it shouldn't be simply because you were born.

I told you we arent far off on how we see things....

Seeing as how you dont know me well.. I bitch everytime the shit heads break the rules..

it was a rocky road but you and I made it through the shit storm.

I told you we arent far off on how we see things....

Seeing as how you dont know me well.. I bitch everytime the shit heads break the rules..

it was a rocky road but you and I made it through the shit storm.

Dude, you should've been here when I was all piss and vinegar about five years ago. This was a walk in the park. :lol: I had just separated from the military and was pissed off at everyone and everything and I was going to tell each and every person why. I've mellowed since.

It was glorious.

And a little tiresome, actually.

If the US is going to attack sovereign nations preemptively, there should be a draft. Women and men both should be able to serve on the front lines. If you serve in the military, your education and health care should be paid for for the rest of your life. If people are so supportive of the military then they should put their money where their mouth is and really support the military they love to extol to the point of nausea.

Damn you.... you edited your post AS I WAS replying to it.... hahahaha

well said dude.... well said...:headbang:

what about this guy metalmania? hahaha He is chocked full of suprises.

Dude, you should've been here when I was all piss and vinegar about five years ago. This was a walk in the park. :lol: I had just separated from the military and was pissed off at everyone and everything and I was going to tell each and every person why. I've mellowed since.

It was glorious.

And a little tiresome, actually.

Right on... glorious but had grown tiresome.

I need to go clean up a mess... outside. removed a rock from yard... well... sledge hammered it... 100 degrees F out... been doing in sessions...

later