System of a Down

Their songs always seem to grow on me as others of you have said. They have a wide variety of styles in their songs. I like Serj, the singers, voice because it is different and changes immensely through the songs which he sings. Yes they are slightly repetitive. No, they aren't one of the best bands of our time. Yes, they are good :)

Opinions on the new System of a Down album (Steal This Album)? I haven't read any reviews (at least none that would count, some idiot "reviewed" their album, emphasizing on the fact that he doesn't like their music, not the music itself..) and would like to hear opinions.

Myself I've grown very attracted to it. It's a very good album with a lot of good songs, some better than on Tox, some the same quality - ok, there's no songs as good - or should I say "hit" - as "Chop Suey!" or "Aerials", but others do get to get to same level with Tox songs. Especially would mention "Mr. Jack" and "Highway Song", though others are good as well ("Innervisions", for example).

I dont care much for their new album they have out, "Steal this Album!", but I really did like the first one they put out. Sugar still sends tingles down my spine :)

Steal This Album is good. Its a little more regular than the diversity and creativity of Toxicity but it seems like the second part of a double album.

SOAD I like them yes. They're kinda weak live though.

yea, spiders was the first song i had heard from them and i really loved it. I got ahold of their CD later that day and i still remember thinking "what the hell!" I couldnt believe it was the same band at first.

System of a Down truly have their own style. Their first abulm was great, as stated the guitar was a little weak, but nothing to make me break the CD over... Toxicity was a well-thought-out abulm. It's not their fault that it gained so much commercial success. Let's face it, as catchy as some of those songs are... they're also good.

I was also very pleased that they did not release a single or promote their new abulm, which I will be picking up in a few days here. Not that I'm into all this 'I'm more underground than you' bit, but I did like the idea of seeing if the new fans they've gained really are fans... or if they were just caught up in the 'hype'. One thing's for sure, they're staying in my CD Collection.

I didn't expect Toxicity to get this much hype. Elitist may put them down for being mainstream but they can go eat my fist. I liked some of the songs on Toxicity alot but I think their self titled album is alot better. Intereasting band... Heavy metal with a bit of rap, jazz and Armenian folk music. Cool how they can make both goofy and very serious songs. Serj Tankian voice reminds me of Mike Patton at times.

I'm not gonna argue over wether or not they're metal (meesa thinks not),but i will say that I bought the S/T for $7 and i think I was overcharged $6.99 for it.I dunno where that cd is now...I know I didnt throw it away...maybe my brother confiscated it.