tell me about iced earth

Burnt offerings is their best. Great, great, great album.

IMO, they haven't been a good band in 9 years. Horror Show was dry and Tim Owens single-handidly saves The Glorious Burden, which isn't saying much.

P.S. 1776 is probably one of my favorite instrumentals from any band. The flute solo on that song, although simple, fucking rocks.

Live cd's are pointless. Go with either something wicked this way comes, the dark saga or even blessed be the damned/damn fine best of.

Live cd's are pointless.

Not true, Alive In Athens is one of the best live albums ever created. And because it had Barlow singing songs from the first two albums which had different (and in my opinion not-as-good) singers it's done in a way you wouldn't hear on the regular albums. Plus it's great value for the amount of songs you get for the price.

I don't really listen to the old cds for that reason, I agree about the barlow comment, he was the most vital element to IE besides john, and without the two of them working together the cds are in my opinion lackluster. I just dismissed it because I usually rather listen to a studio album instead. I guess there are always exceptions to the rules.

live songs are sometimes cooler than the originals... My Dying Bride's Voice of the Wretched live CD has songs that sound alot better than the CD version (even though Martin isnt there to do the violin)

Not true, Alive In Athens is one of the best live albums ever created. And because it had Barlow singing songs from the first two albums which had different (and in my opinion not-as-good) singers it's done in a way you wouldn't hear on the regular albums. Plus it's great value for the amount of songs you get for the price.

Hey, listen to "Something Wicked....", "Days Of Purgatory", "Horror Show", & " Alive In Athens".

theyre really epic sounding, new "american" theme is bullshit, went downhill after htey got rid of matt barlow, any albums they did when he was vocalist are really good, horrow show and dark saga are the best imo