The Anime Thread

since nobody has mentioned CYBER CITY OEDO 808 yet you are all the bungholes.

go and watch all 3 episodes. its my favourite manga series.

then watch HELLSING. (then watch the HELLSING OVA as thats closer to the original manga)

then watch VAMPIRE WARS.

then watch WICKED CITY.

then watch GHOST IN THE SHELL, maybe the 2nd one as well.

then watch SPRIGGAN.

then watch ERGO PROXY.

Ninja Scroll is brilliant! I could never understand Akira, it was really weird, then again I watched it like 10 years ago.
Im not a big fan of anime but I respect it.

I haven't seen Ninja Scroll for ages but its amazing! Give Akira another go Pabbykins.

Yeah I will. I was 12 when I watched it so thats probably why I didnt understand it haha.

I remember that scene in Ninja Scroll with that dude thats like a bee hive. EPIC!

I'm not a big fan of action oriented anime, but Canaan might get me hooked on the genre, despite some of the crazy silly stuff it does.

Cowboy Bebop is a great show too. Akira is epic as well

you can pick the the vhs pretty cheap, dont bother with the dvd, its got the original japanese soundtrack and the music is SHITE. the english dub version is AMAZING and the music is first class...

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyber-City-OEDO-808-Files/dp/B00004CS54/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1252664979&sr=8-6[/ame]

thats what you want.

I used to watch Rave Master when that was on TV... fucking weird....

SPEAKING OF FUCKING WEIRD.... Fooly Cooly. WTF. Youtube that and be prepared for a brain smelting.

Bump because Spirited Away is one of the best movies I've ever seen.
Anyone else see it?

Akira is second to none in terms of animation, even though it was made over twenty years ago. 160,000 animation cels. The original manga is amazing.

Apparently a live action movie version is coming out. I really hope it doesn't suck.

Im watching Dragon Ball at the moment, In Japanese with English subs. I have to say it is really perverted, and if you watch it in Japanese even more so. The dub just censors everything hahahaha.