Anime Thread

I definitely have a love for anime. I admit, I'm a nerd about it.

Hellsing is my absolute favorite. I own the manga, anime, and OVA's (which are fucking wicked). I especially love the manga, and I am amazed by Kouta Hirano's work. The detail he puts into every page is insane - and I'm always impressed that he really does his homework when it comes to artillery, historical buildings, clothing etc.

and Alucard is easily my favorite character. ever.
:worship:

I'm also a big Leiji Matsumoto fan. I really like his elongated, stylized figures and space-piratey story lines. My youth in Arcadia and Galaxy Express 999 have been my favorites since childhood.

I will commence rant after lunch :)

If your taste in Anime is as good as music I need to write these down after Akira. Please post here more! How is 235?

235's the same old shit, but you should drop by every once in a while. i just forget about this place sometimes, but it's a great board.

and give Berserk a shot, it starts off slow but it's worth it in the end

I'd never heard of that one so I just googled it, young typical japanese schoolgirls.... No thanks.

No and I'm not a pedophile either.

I was just saying that animes that instantly remind me of ^__^|/ are the ones I tend to find annoying and don't watch... You however just admited to liking cartoon underaged japanese schoolgirls :lol:

I was just saying that animes that instantly remind me of ^__^|/ are the ones I tend to find annoying and don't watch... You however just admited to liking cartoon underaged japanese schoolgirls :lol:

*whispers* I was just kidding.

I was just saying that animes that instantly remind me of ^__^|/ are the ones I tend to find annoying and don't watch...

*facepalm*

Anyone got about $1,200 I can borrow?

b703_10.jpg

What have you seen?

I think I'm finished Sailor Moon for the time being; waiting for the English version of season five to be released(which it most likely won't, I'm talking about a very good dub here). Some Pokemon, Dragonball Z, just the main anime shown here in the states. I know you mentioned a good amount of anime already in the thread, so I'll take a look.

What have I seen since I last posted here...

Kaiji was fucking great. Brutal, intellectual, pessimistic, loved it.

Code Gease is stupid why is everyone raving over this shit?

I felt like a homo watching This Ugly And Beautiful World.

Still haven't found anything thats gripped me the way Death Note did though.