The Astrology Thread

Ask him in a Nightmail for the time of his birth. :oops: Just say you want to make a star chart for him and ask for the time he was born. And thank you for taking the time to make my chart C. :D It seems pretty much on target too, some of the finer details are a bit off, but those are things that can be altered by terrestrial forces. :loco:

Not only this, but people's charts grow over time, just like people do. I'm not skilled enough to make "ongoing" charts, and just as we are all interconnected in life, sometimes the charts of a person's parents come into play in certain things, etc.

To give an example, I have a book that discusses a person's chart while still in the womb; it's very fascinating.

Yeah, now that Nightmail is back, I might ask for Tuomas' time of birth so I can construct his chart. It feels weird to ask, though. :lol:

I think that he's been asked weirder things, so go ahead! He can always ignore the question if he wants to. I bet his rising sign is----- ta daaa "Cancer". He's so close to his mother. And so sensitive (well that can be the Piscean influence). And seems to have a very good memory.

You might be on to something there. That would mean he would have been born at sunset, as one's rising sign is like a clock, with your own sign beginning at sunrise; making your opposite sign at sunset.

This brings up the discussion of rising signs, and those who have approached me who wanted their charts done by hand after getting a most inaccurate reading from computer programs/websites. Many astrologers use a complex method to "calculate" the rising signs at different times depending on Daylight Savings, when a sun sets/rises on a particular day, etc. This has always been a complex and horribly inaccurate method, to my way of thinking. I have always used the chart that I originally got from the books of Sydney Omarr (one of the greatest astrologers in the business, quite possibly of all time), which I now know has been referred to by other names, such as a "harvest cycle chart". This method is far easier, and way more accurate.

How it works with rising signs is that they are supposed to make a complete circle around the zodiac in the course of 24 hours, so the harvest chart evenly divides them every 2 hours, regardless of time zone or whether or not it's Daylight Savings (because not all states/regions recognize Daylight Savings time). With the other methods that astrologers use, sometimes the rising signs do not make a complete transition in a day's time, so this is another reason I find those readings to be inconsistent, and downright confusing to those who are new to astrology.

I say this because I have had some approach me with readings and they will tell me, "that's not the rising sign I was given on the computer!" Well, I use a much more old-fashioned, but still very reliable method. These same people will also tell me upon getting my reading that my assessment was more accurate as well. Probably because I found the correct ascendant! (I say "probably", because I'm not taking credit for it; it was all there, written in the stars all along!)

I'd guess he was born at dusk also. Evening is the time associated with the water element, with which Tuomas is strongly affiliated. It would make sense that he would be born within it's time frame.

You can participate if you want! I have done basic charts for people at the old official forum, free of charge, so if you ever want yours done too, just drop me a line with the following info: date of birth, time (hour/minute/a.m. or p.m.), and location of birth (city/state/country).

I would love to participate! I will admit that I am a skeptic of everything, but yet I am intrigued at the same time.

I have always wanted to have a Physic Reading done, but I guess this will have to do for now :D

Date of Birth: October 6th, 1992
Time: 10:45 a.m.
City: Cambridge
Province: Ontario

So astrologically speaking, how well does the band members get along? Of course not knowing the rising signs of any of the band members, it's hard to say, but anyway. It did surprise me that Emppu is the funny one, him being Virgo.

^Emppu's actually a Cancer; I think he's June 24th or 25th.

Lynz: I know I promised you a chart; this last week has been so insanely busy that I've barely had time to answer my e-mails. I know I said the same thing last week, but it's true. :(

Don't know why I have him pegged as Virgo, you told me before he's Cancer. Okay, then the goofying around makes sense.:loco:
But according to Tuomas, he's also the one that asks people how they're doing, and that makes sense too, him being Cancer.

Yes, I did notice that you haven't been around, and I figured that you were busy too. Between your being busy, and Taimi's being sick in bed, this last Friday's chat was dead. :(

Awe sorry C., even last night I couldn't make it either.
Maybe next Friday! :)