the Australian Idol thread

Holy shit, tonights show is boring the fuck out of me :(

These kids need personality... STAT!

After watching virtually none of the previous Ep's, I can only say for this one but it was clear that Anthony sang much better than Casey,

She essentially shot herself in the foot with a flat unclear rendition of Evanescence. There was no clarity. I'm fairly sure it wasnt the mix since being someone who actually can and does mix I know what can be done and what to listen for.

Anthony was much better but fell away towards the end of the Craig David song, but Casey also sang with no emotion during her opening number, she couldnt get the body in the top end of her voice which was disappointing.

Anthony should win if we're judging off this show alone, however since women vote for this thing more than men we could end up with a female winner, and also the fact she is a larger girl does help with positive role models for young women.

Anthony does look like another one of those pop-boys (N-Sync etc) except he can sing classical and the like, but still looks, he's quite plain. Also this is pop music so people who like this trash are idiots and don't what good music is anyway.

But on vocal performance Anthony should take it easily.

Sydo said:
Positive? She's obese and will die.
It's positive as in you don't have to be ridiculously skinny to be successful. It's a good thing for young women because they're more suspectable to mass media and are actually influenced by all the skinny girls they see when us guys just go meh.

Or so I've been told by most of the girls I talk to. The ones who realise it at least.

It wouldn't suprise me if the Australia Institute of Music have been pushing for every student to vote Casey each week. I know they're dying to say "we created an Australian Idol, now give us your money so we can do the same for you".

PS Last night's show: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all round

A simple music school is no match for the might and power of 14 year old school girls!

Aussie_Outlaw said:
It's positive as in you don't have to be ridiculously skinny to be successful. It's a good thing for young women because they're more suspectable to mass media and are actually influenced by all the skinny girls they see when us guys just go meh.

Or so I've been told by most of the girls I talk to. The ones who realise it at least.

I think being skinny and healthy is more positive role model than being obese and unhealthy.

Having fat people on tv is like saying "It's ok to be a burden on the health system, you fat fucks"

Isn't that single fucking awful! It sounds like something Warren found at the bottom of a reject drawer. Utter, utter dreck. I don't care who you like, neither of them should have been subjected to having to sing that. And what's worse, once it's released it'll be on the charts and all over radio for weeks. :erk: