The Awesome Dream Thread

Well, when I finally fell asleep last night I dreamed that I accidentally killed some pigs and then some people on a street corner, right in front of a cop car. I wasn't sure if I had actually done it, but then I saw a video of me doing it. So I hid behind a tree...GUH I hate dreams where I kill someone or have to do something with body parts. It's never intentional...it's like I'm doing something completely different, like breaking sticks in my hand and tossing them on the ground. Then when I look down, they're body parts instead of sticks. Absurd! Waking up from those dreams is always a relief. :lol:

Okay that wasn't awesome, but I did have an interesting dream a week or two ago. I was running (more like shoving) my way through a very thick, overgrown forest, and I came to a cottage. I went inside and it was almost completely dark, but there was a figure in the middle of room; I could see her silhouette. At that time I knew she was a witch, and I'd come there to get some oil for my skin. We started talking about something, and at first her tone was very harsh, but then it got softer, more familiar.

At that same time the room became more illuminated, as did she. I realized she was my grandmother, the one who died in 2003. It was her, but she wasn't completely herself; she was still a witch. Even though we talked about our family and other familiar things, there was still a somber tone in her voice, as if she was being forced against her will to be a witch. Well, then our cat Victor (who had just died a couple of days before) was sitting at the doorstep, and I remember asking her, "Can Victor come in? Can he come in too?" But then I woke up. Very weird...happy in a way, but very strange.

I had the most epic dream in the history of dreams when I was around 10, I think. To this day I remember it vividly and pray to whatever deity will listen to have it again.

I used to sleep in my grandmother's room when I was a wee youngin' because she would take care of me because I had a nasty habit of sleepwalking down flights of stairs and knocking myself out, coupled with excruciating leg cramps in the middle of the night that would make me cry. She'd always bring me medicine and gimme a heating pad for my cramping muscles. So when I dreamed that I woke up in her bed and something was wrong in the house, at first I thought I was really awake. She had a HUGE house...two story, 5 bedrooms 3 baths, living room, kitchen, dining room, 2 foyers, a study, a front porch, a back porch, 3 separate attics, a huge front and back yard with a deck and a dock on the lake with big white pillars adorning the front of the house. It's a huge house and pretty scary when you're a kid alone in the house.

So I dream that I wake up in the middle of the night and realize that something isn't right. I creep down the long, dark hallway calling out to Gran or anyone else to hear me, and flip on the lights. We used to have a small little broom closet built into the wall, and as I was walking past, the doors flew open all of a sudden and out jumped a fucking VELOCIRAPTOR. At that moment, I realize that velociraptors don't just jump out of closets, so either this was a dream or there were more dinosaurs in the house. At this point it was so realistic fighting off and running from the velociraptor that I figured it was real and should stay on the lookout for other dinosaurs. Then I hear the slow, rumbling sound of a growl coming from up the dark stairs, and then the sound of huge feet stomping towards me. A T-Rex's head pops out of the darkness of the stairs and roars and me and I just freak the fuck out and start running where I don't see dinosaurs coming from, but by now they were everywhere and circling me.

Somehow I managed to escape from the house and I'm running down our street and I meet up with my friend and tell him that he has to help me get away from the house, and that there's no time to explain. We get a safe distance away and he asks me about the dinosaurs in the house. I suddenly have this overwhelming feeling of dread when I say to him, "But I didn't say there were dinosaurs in the house...how do you know that?" He then starts to shapeshift and transform, but not into anything like a dinosaur...oh no. His head is the only part of his body that changes, and it turns into......

a rake.

I scream and he starts attacking me with his rake-head, but the way he attacks me actually made me start laughing in my dream and in my sleep because I ended up waking myself up by laughing. His head was the metal rake part, and its appendage was the long handle that stuck straight up. It looked like someone cut off his head and attached a rake part to his neck with the handle sticking straight up. So then he starts attacking me with this headbanging sort of motion with his head in order to whack me in the head with the handle of the rake. It was at that time I woke up, both scared and amazed at how awesome the dream was. It started out genuinely frightening, but then turned absurdly awesome and to this day I long to dream it again. I wish I were creative enough to make random shit like this up, but I actually dreamed it.

I dreamt that a tauren in a gangster suit was after me.
For those who don't know, this is a tauren:
Tauren.jpg

I had a relatively fucked up nightmare last night, which woke me up at 4 AM and left me sobbing for the next couple of hours, huddled up in a corner.

Fucked up thing is, I can't remember it.

Motherfucker.

I usually have an interesting dream every night. I've mastered the art of flying in my dreams the past few years. I used to feel the need to fly alot but in my dreams I haven't done it as much the past few months. I don't feel that need to "become more empowered" or something. Usually in my dreams when I want to fly, it's to escape, to feel better about myself, or to show off to some Middle Eastern terrorist King on a tall throne that I can leave. Part of the escape thing is the armageddon dreams which I get the most. When some huge natural thing is about to happen like a ton of waves or an explosion of a planet, or some phenomenon bigger than that, I don't want my soul to be alone so I fly around searching for more space.
I've had some gnarley stories though...very interesting stuff that should be done in movies. Most of these dreams are borderline nightmares but not quite.

The dream I had last night featured Nergal. I barely remember it. I've dreamt of him before. What I remember though is the setting which was by some nice office business parks near the beach and also at the beach. Alot of ocean vessels. Alot of higher technology set ups on water, like higher tech roller coasters. Nergal apparently befriended some people and myself, I was either one of them or someone watching. We went to some neighborhoods in Orange County. Kicked back at my Grandma/uncles house, jammed, drank some beer. Then got separated by freeways and mountains. I'd try to travel back home the same exact why I do in every dream and the same obstacles occur. Same setting in the dreams and then the USUAL THEME WHICH HAPPENS IN MOST OF MY DREAMS:
The whole world is getting flooded with water and everything is turning into total anarchy, my old house and everything is getting wrecked, there's these ghostly neighbors that are always there. And I always have this phat fuckin' bike that can speed around. Sorry, I was remembering most of this as I was typing. Sorry for the pour grammar

WTF Karen? Twice in the last month you have invaded my dreams, and it's usually either funny as hell or really fucking weird. This time it was you, me, Brooks, and Kevin on a road trip in the middle of fucking nowhere and we stopped for a beer at some bar in the middle of the desert. We drink our beers and I give you the keys to the car because you only drank one beer and said you'd drive. As you start to pull out of the parking lot, a cop pulls you over and makes you do a breathalyzer test. I told him, "She only had one beer, dude...she's probably gonna blow a 0.04 or something" (those exact numbers). In fact, Karen, you blew a 0.05, well under the legal limit. I then start screaming at the cop, "I fucking told you so you dumb fuck!!!" He then asks, "Oh yeah, well then why the hell is her skin so pale?!?!", to which I reply, "BECAUSE SHE'S A FUCKING JEW, YOU MORON!!!" :lol: :lol:

So then he shrugs and lets us go.

I woke up laughing my ass off this morning. It was pretty funny.

So I had a dream last night that I owned a brewery.... THAT WAS A FUCKING INTERSTELLAR STARSHIP. Most of the dream, the vaguely Star Destroyer shaped ship was parked in Earth orbit to drop off the beerz to distributors on this world. Big ship, too. Nice dream. I sort of remember some drama too, like someone trying to blow it up or something (and failing of course). I can only assume that if the dream had continued it would have shown my flying off, entering hyperspace as I head to the next world in need of tasty tasty brews.

As I just posted on Facebook:

A dream most meaty...
by Cara Taylor on Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 10:58am

Had a very strange dream this morning. I was at school needing lunch. There was a food court, and as I looked around I saw a bunch of people from high school. I only had a few cents so all I bought was a bread roll, and as I sat down at a table, the roll suddenly turned into a MOUNTAIN OF MEAT covered in sauce. It even came with a kit, including wet wipes, a shower cap (as not to get meat in your hair), and t-shirts. One t-shirt had the company name on it, "Kandlebars," and the other had the image of a cow on it and it said "BREED CORPSE BLOOD." What, that doesn't even...

Anyway, I invited everyone around me (a bunch of vikings) to have some, and we ate meat. It was good.

Dreamed I was seeing Sanctuary. Warrel hit every note perfectly, and brought out perfect falsetto in everyone singing with him.

I was hitting notes I never thought possible, the feeling was amazing to be able to sing like that. The song was Battle Angels and everyone was holding the orbs of power.

I think I was with Russell.

I've been watching too much of the Skyrim demo.

I dreamed I was in a hospital over run with zombies, and my right hand had a sword and magic lightning in the left. I was leading about 30 humans into a room that had a tough zombie boss, and I was trying to explain to them how to "back pedal" like you do in a game. (Running backwards while swinging to avoid damage) The zombies started pushing us back, like I planned. One attractive girl just stood there and I kept telling her to get back. She got bit by a zombie and screamed at me to help her, I just remember saying "I told you to get back you dumb bitch." :lol:

This time I dreamed I was back up percussion and vocals for Wardruna and I was flirting with the sexy black haired singer. Then when the show was over and I was putting on my shoes (lol, why were they off?) Ghaal said "You forgot your pick!" and threw it to me.

first i dreamed that my friend was at her boyfriends' house and then went on a walk through his neighborhood (his actual house is in a way more remote location, but in the dream it was in a neighborhood) ... it was a really rainy day and she walked pretty far away from the house but headed back when she saw this back car following her. finally she gets back to her boyfriends' house and gets into her car. the guy gets out of the black car, he's russian and creepy as hell, and tries to attack her but she's already locked her car. he says "that's ok, because i couldn't get you, i'm going to go kill your boyfriends' mom"

woke up and when i went back to sleep i dreamed that i was at this indoor carnival, in this dark room with creepy lights and there was this puppet show going on, but the puppets were all really creepy... i got freaked out because i thought they were demons but then the people that were voicing and moving the puppets came out from the tables they were hiding under and started packing up all their stuff. i was relieved, but then i went home and this evil presence was there, having followed me home from the carnival

either i was on this board or AIM, talking to Stormo. he said he never knew that he and i lived in the same neighborhood, but that he lives at the other end of my neighborhood and saw me walking my dog the other day. we made plans for all of us to hang out the next time will was in town. :D