The Awesome Dream Thread

No aliens or dark corners, and some one to save you, this time Kev? ;)
Haha I totally missed this until I searched this thread for a bump. Nope, I had to save myself from this one, by waking up :lol:

Ok, so this isn't part of my dream, I will get to that in a minute. I was reading my book in bed before I fell asleep last night and I think it carried over into my dream. The part of the book I was reading involved a man and woman going to visit the man's mother who's being indefinitely held in a mental institution because she's not of sound mind and has violent outbursts. Basically, she's there for life. During the visit, the doctors tried to give the mother her medication and she freaked out and for some reason the doctors got violent with the two guests, a big fight broke out and the chapter ended with the two guest being given injections and losing consciousness. The next chapter starts with the guy waking up in the mental institution, not able to think or remember anything. Shortly after this, I quit reading and went to sleep.

So in my dream, all I remember is being somewhere indoors with a few friends and I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Then all of a sudden I am opening them and I'm on a bed in the back of a bus, with no recollection of where I was. Someone on the bus said our location right as I woke up but it didn't register with me. I couldn't remember anything. There were people around on the bus, I didn't know who they were. After a few more seconds of trying to regain my thought, I looked out the window. I didn't recognize anything. I asked someone where we were and he said "Anchorage, Alaska... I just told you that..." in a confused manner like I should have known. Then a lot of memories came back. I was on tour with a band. The last place I remembered being awake was home in Seattle. So I asked "Whoa, so I've been asleep for a few days then? What happened?" They said I just fell asleep and didn't wake up until now. It was 3 days later.

It was a weird feeling to acknowledge I had slept through 3 nights of this band's tour, and I didn't even know why I was with them. I just happened to wake up in Alaska for some reason.

Eventually I real life woke up for a brief second and then fell back asleep. I started dreaming again, this time about something completely different. I don't remember anything about the second dream aside from the fact that I was talking to a very beautiful French woman about a crazy dream I'd just had where I fell asleep in Seattle and woke up in Alaska on a tour bus.

Damned books messing with my brain!

Had a strange dream the other night. After what had happened I actually now believe in spooks.

I have been living on the native reservation for about a month now in a small trailer with a friend of mine from work.

One night I was going to sleep and I was dreaming about something I can't remember, but then just randomly, out of nowhere I was getting this sense or feeling and I was now dreaming about this little kid, gender unknown sitting in the corner of the room I was sleeping in, crying like it is lost.

Then a white background appeared and a sentence formed in black text. I don't remember what it said and I wish I knew then I woke up with this feeling of impending doom. I can't explain the feelings but I was in a way frightened.

I felt like something else was in this small room with me but then after a few minutes the feeling went away. My cat was flipping out in this room which is unusual because it sleeps with me every night. The cat and it's big eyes, ears perked up and just staring in one direction. This night it was clawing at my friends door to sleep with him instead.

When I till my friend what happened, he said that his brother would tell him of times where he thought there was some kind of child in that room and dream about it as well. Coincidence?

My friend already used ceder around the house but not the windows. So I moved my mattress over to the corner (I was sleeping underneath the window). He told me that spooks can look into the windows and give you nightmares. So I then tried to go back to sleep but nooooooooooo

I had that feeling again rush through my body then I saw what looked like a head but it was just a shadow blur like it looked at me then quickly vanished...like a motion blur.

I said "fuck this room" and slept out on the couch.

The next day I get a text from my friend again saying that his girlfriend just had a nightmare about a girl here in this place.

The spook is harmless but now i believe in this shit. I always believe that dreams are a sign, or that they mean something. What I felt was real. Crazy...

Haunted trailer! That's pretty weird...

Reminds me of a dream I had where I was in a room that was supposed to be haunted by a guy's ghost. I was told that if I sat in his chair, the guy's spirit would enter my body. I sat down in it and it happened. A very, very strong buzzing/vibration took over my body, and there was a presence that was trying to tell me something. It was a real feeling, and probably the strangest feeling I've ever felt. Whatever.

However, a couple of weeks ago I experienced the same feeling. I dreamed that I was in bed attempting to astral project (though if I was already sleeping, maybe I really was astral projecting?). Then my body went straight up the wall that the bed is against. I could feel the texture of the wall scraping against my back on the way up. Scared crapless, I willed myself back down, and then it happened again! Same buzzing/vibrating feeling the whole time.

Haha I totally missed this until I searched this thread for a bump. Nope, I had to save myself from this one, by waking up :lol:

Ok, so this isn't part of my dream, I will get to that in a minute. I was reading my book in bed before I fell asleep last night and I think it carried over into my dream. The part of the book I was reading involved a man and woman going to visit the man's mother who's being indefinitely held in a mental institution because she's not of sound mind and has violent outbursts. Basically, she's there for life. During the visit, the doctors tried to give the mother her medication and she freaked out and for some reason the doctors got violent with the two guests, a big fight broke out and the chapter ended with the two guest being given injections and losing consciousness. The next chapter starts with the guy waking up in the mental institution, not able to think or remember anything. Shortly after this, I quit reading and went to sleep.

So in my dream, all I remember is being somewhere indoors with a few friends and I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Then all of a sudden I am opening them and I'm on a bed in the back of a bus, with no recollection of where I was. Someone on the bus said our location right as I woke up but it didn't register with me. I couldn't remember anything. There were people around on the bus, I didn't know who they were. After a few more seconds of trying to regain my thought, I looked out the window. I didn't recognize anything. I asked someone where we were and he said "Anchorage, Alaska... I just told you that..." in a confused manner like I should have known. Then a lot of memories came back. I was on tour with a band. The last place I remembered being awake was home in Seattle. So I asked "Whoa, so I've been asleep for a few days then? What happened?" They said I just fell asleep and didn't wake up until now. It was 3 days later.

It was a weird feeling to acknowledge I had slept through 3 nights of this band's tour, and I didn't even know why I was with them. I just happened to wake up in Alaska for some reason.

Eventually I real life woke up for a brief second and then fell back asleep. I started dreaming again, this time about something completely different. I don't remember anything about the second dream aside from the fact that I was talking to a very beautiful French woman about a crazy dream I'd just had where I fell asleep in Seattle and woke up in Alaska on a tour bus.

Damned books messing with my brain!
At least you weren't getting attacked by the Chinese.

Last night, I dreamed that Will showed up in a Navy vessel and stole my rifles. So I built a huge jet-powered tank, and got some random lady and a co-worker I have with one eye that the tards call pirate. His actual name is Mike, but in the dream he called himself Pirate-Man. I do not know why. Anyway, we tore ass up the street demolishing all the businesses and houses we could, and wound up in a siege against an elementary school, letting it on fire and shelling it to the ground, no survivors. I raised a Somalian flag in the smoldering wreckage, and barbecued a hot dog in the flaming remains of a bus. Then one of Will's commanders shows up and says he never took the guns, he merely hid them in the upstairs toilet. I woke up at this point.

I think I actually LIKE this dream, even though the body count of the children alone was probably in the hundreds.

Edit: I also don't have an upstairs toilet.

How the hell did I miss this one? It's one of the best in this whole thread! :headbang:

Has anyone ever tried to meet somebody in a dream...as in, you and a friend purposefully go to bed at the exact same time and try to meet via lucid dreaming?

Then you talk about your dreams the next day to see if they match up.

I did that all the time with my best friend back in middle school (I don't remember if it worked or not)
....I had the hardest time with lucid dreaming, though.

If it does work...could be more evidence of the collective conscious :)

No. Exceedingly rare ANYONE I know is in my dreams. More often, I'm not even apart of it, just a viewer. My mind is a screening room for my haunted subconcious.

Update:

The other night I DID have a dream where Michael Douglas and I were secret agents in a firefight. After it's over, he delivers a cliché comment. Even in my dream, I groaned.

Haha! That's amazing :)

I had a really crazy dream the other night when I fell asleep to Mr Bungle. I think I was dreaming about being back in Arcata, but it was completely insane. I'll see if I can conjur up the memories...arrrgh

New dream:

Was walking in what looked to be a hybrid of Downtown city-17 and Toronto (I haven't played HL2 in years now), and I was trying to get some rest with my buddy around a local park and I think his big sister was there (meh), and some hobo stole my shoe. Not BOTH of my shoes, mind you... Just the left one. Now I chased him down and caught up to him at what seemed to be an entrance to the local subway, and as I was fighting to get my left shoe back, a bigger and fatter hobo crept up and stole my right shoe!

I woke up feeling quite pissed off for a good 5 minutes or so....

Short, but sweet dream I recalled just now when posting photos, though I told Cara earlier:

Big Boss (of Root) cloned himself, came to a family picnic I was at, formed a Barbershop quartet, and sang to me.

I had two Nyquil-induced dreams, if not more last night.

I dreamed I was a robot, but looked identical to a human, involved with my family as a son somehow... so anyways, I short circuit, saying the same thing, over and over and over... until they restart me... but the reboot takes a while, so when I wake up, not only is everyone gone, but it's post-apocalyptic.

Then somehow later on in the dream, I accidentally catch photos of these two gigantic mushroom cloud explosions on a small mountain, which I somehow, with whomever it was I was with, can take the photos and re-live the it just as vividly, and up closer. Odd. Then I eventually end up at the evil lair of who it was that caused the expolosions, and dismantle their operations with my awesome machete and wolverine-like attachments on my arms.

Had a crazy ass dream last night that prompted me to bump this thread.

It was short, but I dreamt that I was in the backyard of some house somewhere and the ground was mainly dirt with patches of grass everywhere. It was sort of disgusting. But the dream started with me on my knees and my sister beside me on her knees. My mom was standing in front of us and told us to bend down and put our faces on the ground with our arms extended straight out. It was weird because my mom is normally very soft-spoken and sweet and blurting out commands like she was doing here was completely against her character. She said "this is where your grandfather, my father is buried, and we're going to honor him right now!" or something of the sort. She started speaking in tongues and walked around us in circles. Then she stopped and put her hand on my back and started yelling like a priest some shit about "Take the evil from this soul and purge it forever!!!!" or some other weird evil-related non-sense. I remember thinking "holy shit mom has completely flipped her lid!"

When she was done with me, she went to my sister and said a bunch of other, nicer stuff to her and then this weird little sermon was over. I remember looking at my sister (whose also religious, but not crazy practicing religious) and we both looked at each other in astonishment. Mom was being really fucking weird right now.

The next thing I remember was setting up my tent in this weird backyard and my mom coming over to check out it and act like she was really interested in it and everything... which in real life, she would be... but right after the way she'd just acted it was really awkward and I wasn't sure what her motivation was anymore for being interested in my hobbies.

Pretty weird dream, man. I was relieved to wake up and realize that my mom hasn't reached that level of religious craziness just yet.

My dream involved a midget, 2 cans of crisco, a gerbil and a condom ......

See the Midget is the waiter at this restaurant I like to go to. on the menu for the day was cherry pie, unfortunately upon serving it was burned on the bottom. So i went back into the kitchen and showed the cook how to properly grease a pan. So he bakes the new pie and its perfection! I head home to see my niece carrying a little cage, she just got a pet gerbil and its the cutest little thing! So we have some conversation as I am loading up the van. I get to the venue and get ready t play and I realize OH SHIT i forgot condoms .... Why you ask ... well I tend to sweat a lot so I wrap my wireless units in rubbers so they don't get wet .... anyway we play an amazing show. Crowd goes wild, and I wake up.