The Books/Reading Thread

SO. X. CITED. :D

vand.jpg

lm reading China Mieville's' The Scar at the minute. Just finished King Rat, and 2 or so years ago read his brilliant Perdido Street Station.
l don't normally read fantasy - lm much more sci-fi bent, but these works are really intriguing stories, coupled with identifiable characters. Well, if you can identify with mutant humans/aliens etc

Mieville is fantastic. His more recent work is great too; and if you are a fan of science fiction, then check out Embassytown. It's Mieville's only full-blown SF novel, and it's spectacular.

Reactions: Sirjack
lm reading China Mieville's' The Scar at the minute. Just finished King Rat, and 2 or so years ago read his brilliant Perdido Street Station.
l don't normally read fantasy - lm much more sci-fi bent, but these works are really intriguing stories, coupled with identifiable characters. Well, if you can identify with mutant humans/aliens etc

<3

Reactions: Sirjack
My copy of Janson's History of Art came today, looking forward to reading it. I glanced over it and read the introduction in a reference library and thought, I have to get this cool book.

Last edited: