The Books/Reading Thread

Uh, maybe one is more indepth and intelligent than the other? I wouldn't really know, and actually, I'd be interested in some good recs for graphic novels.

Uh, maybe one is more indepth and intelligent than the other? I wouldn't really know, and actually, I'd be interested in some good recs for graphic novels.

Marvel stuff:

Moon Knight: The Bottom
Moon Knight: Midnight Sun
Moon Knight: God and Country
Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears
White Tiger: A Hero's Compulsion
The Eternals
Annihilation 1-3

and then most Alan Moore stuff is worth picking up as well, you can find his work from Marvel to Vertigo and in between, and they tend to sort of be stand alone things more establishing him rather than pulling a lot of company weight.

9780743430678.jpg

Sadly been way too busy / spent too much time going out and drinking etc recently to read much so I'm still only on the 3rd book of this series. Nothing amazing but entertaining anyhow.

Marvel stuff:

Moon Knight: The Bottom
Moon Knight: Midnight Sun
Moon Knight: God and Country
Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears
White Tiger: A Hero's Compulsion
The Eternals
Annihilation 1-3

and then most Alan Moore stuff is worth picking up as well, you can find his work from Marvel to Vertigo and in between, and they tend to sort of be stand alone things more establishing him rather than pulling a lot of company weight.

Good recs sir. Particularly Moon Knight...One of my favorites for sure.

I hate to sound clichee but.

the watchmen is like my favorite graphic novel ever.
it kicks so much ass.

I'd like to check that out. Is it any good?

Yeah, so far it's really good. Its scope is really broad; it covers all the major pagan traditions of Europe (Germanic, Celtic, Greek, Roman, Slavic, etc.) It also does a really good job of tracing the evolution of each tradition and relating it to a broader historical context. From what I've heard from others, this is essential reading if you're interested in this subject.

I am really interested in the subject. Ancient pagan mythologies and beliefs have always fascinated me; there's so much culture and identity there, and it's really interesting in looking at how people relate to those beliefs in today's (predominantly Christian) world.

Thanks for the review!

Did any of you read Brian Jacques' Redwall series? Fucking awesome fantasy books. I may not have read any since high school, but they are awesome. I thought it was far superior to Tolkien's shitty exposition. Much more engaging, and over time put together a very interesting universe. Maybe it would seem childish to me now, but I got into these books a ton when I was younger.

I remember reading them when I was a kid. I must've read each one half a dozen times, I loved them! The otters were my favourite. Had a lot of them on cassette as well, read by Brian Jacques himself, if i remember correctly.