The Books/Reading Thread

Currently reading:

wieland.gif

Reading Wieland (not the second part) for my early american novel class. pretty good so far. One of the first (if not the first) American Gothic novels published around 1790. Fun stuff

The_Judging_Eye.jpg

Picking this up today. I'm psyched.

Recently finished Cormac McCarthy's Outer Dark. It's really cool to read his older works and watch the evolution of his style and thematic concepts slowly forming into the masterful creations that adorn books like Blood Meridian.

The_Judging_Eye.jpg

Picking this up today. I'm psyched.

Recently finished Cormac McCarthy's Outer Dark. It's really cool to read his older works and watch the evolution of his style and thematic concepts slowly forming into the masterful creations that adorn books like Blood Meridian.

I bought The Judging Eye earlier. :D

I'm not a massive fan of Bakker, all I know/have read of his is the Prince of Nothing books.

If anyone could recommend some good history books that would be awesome. Ancient history that is, avoid Romans/Greeks/Egyptians.

I want to read some works by Friedrich Nietzsche, but at the same time i think that this is a man who eventually went crazy, do i want the same insights, even if they're correct, as he had? Anyone who's read much Nietzsche?

Just read "On the Genealogy of Morals", and you should be set. Just remember, don't stare into the abyss for too long.

I want to read some works by Friedrich Nietzsche, but at the same time i think that this is a man who eventually went crazy, do i want the same insights, even if they're correct, as he had? Anyone who's read much Nietzsche?
All philosophers go over the deep end, Nietzsche just was the best one. :) I'm reading Beyond Good And Evil right now, so I can't be a very comprehensive judge, but so far it's extremely insightful.