The Books/Reading Thread

Currently reading When Truth Gives Out by Mark Richard, and rereading The Logic of Scientific Discovery by Karl Popper. Also reading various scholarly articles such as "The Reality of Causes in a World of Instrumental Laws" by Nancy Cartwright, "Explanatory Unification" by Philip Kitcher, and "Rational Prediction" by Wesley Salmon.

I've been unsuccessful in procuring my copy of Bakker's The Judging Eye, so I bought Dan Simmons' Hyperion to hold me over until I can get my hands on it. I'm excited, I've heard good things about this book.

Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce for my british lit class. Good stuff. I'd read a couple of the stories before, so I knew what I was in for. Definitely one of his more accessible works.

yeah it's short stories. I have to read The Dead next week, but I've heard from most people I've talked to that it's pretty sweet

halfway through the Odyssey now... it goes by quick.
finishing up best of REH Vol. 1.
i think i'm going to read Why Evolution is True next... i can check it out from my work for free.

Philip K Dick - Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said

My mate's just started reading The Butlerian Jihad by Brian Herbert and he keeps talking about it. I haven't read it in ages so I think I might start on it again later, Erasmus is prolly my favourite character of any Dune book and unlike lotsa people I really enjoy the new books.

I bought Dan Simmons' Hyperion to hold me over until I can get my hands on it. I'm excited, I've heard good things about this book.

Great book IMO. I especially love all the various literary allusions that Simmons employs to flesh out his worlds.

I'm about half-way through the Annals of Tacitus on audiobook. Already heard the Histories. I love it when the narrator sounds just as pretentious and British as the actual writing.

Lets see, I just bought The Appeal by John Grisham and The Shack by William Paul Young. I was in the mood for a couple fiction novels and these were on sale. I've read a few by Grisham before and they were pretty good.

@c_e: Are you drunk? You seem to be more annoying atm.

Reading The Picture of Dorian Gray. Oscar Wilde is such an annoying amazing writer. I would have sex with his writing style.