The Books/Reading Thread

That is indeed quite a bit. I own almost all of his stories (not much of the poetry though) and it spans across 5-7 books or so, haven't even read half unfortunately.

Anyway, my favorite Lovecraft story is The Rats in the Walls.

American Psycho is such an insane read, can someone recommend anything in that road? Even more fucked up if possible...

American Psycho is such an insane read, can someone recommend anything in that road? Even more fucked up if possible...

Nowhere near as fucked up as American Psycho, but still a book that deals with psychosis and insanity, as well as what the human "soul" really is:

0752891510.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm nearly two-hundred pages in and so far it's a very good read.

I'm currently reading "The Family That Couldn't Sleep"

This book gives an insight into what it is like to suffer from Fatal Insomnia, after reading this book you will probably think that dying from Insomnia is the worst way to die.

If you're interested then here's the link:
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-That-Couldnt-Sleep-Unravelling/dp/1846270901/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259677435&sr=1-9[/ame]

If you're looking for total debauchery, read anything by Marquis de Sade. Start with The 120 Days of Sodom or Juntine, although the later is more tame. Juliette is a masterpiece as well, it's wicked long, 1000+ pages, but it's one of his best works.

What is it about this book that compels all of you who have read it to highlight the word "house" in blue? That shit is creepy.

that's quite a huge project. what's the project?

That is indeed quite a bit. I own almost all of his stories (not much of the poetry though) and it spans across 5-7 books or so, haven't even read half unfortunately.

Anyway, my favorite Lovecraft story is The Rats in the Walls.

Indeed big, it's basically the biggest project of my high school career, 15 page report on an american author. I don't have to read everything but the more the better

I've just started Patrick Hurley's A Concise Introduction to Logic to pave the way for Mendelson's An Introduction to Mathematical Logic in an attempt to help me understand a couple of books I picked up on Godel's incompleteness theorem. I feel like I should be waiting until next year to learn this stuff in a classroom environment, but I've become totally fascinated with the idea of mathematical logic and the aesthetics of the whole thing that I'm seriously considering making this my primary focus at a university level. On the other hand, maybe it's just a phase; and I'll want to be a firefighter next week.

I've been balancing that with some Lovecraft, Nietzsche, Poe, and Schopenhauer over the past few weeks. All stuff I've had sitting around for a while but managed to put off in favor of watching South Park.