The CD Recommendation Thread

Ok, I'm going to recommend this one for myself because I'm still yet to get the complete album. City - Strapping Young Lad. Only got 3 songs but fuck they rule :)
Oh and Gardenian's album Sindustries I'm also quite enjoying at the moment :)

Ok I got a few:

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - Chaotic Beauty
Very Children Of Bodomy/In Flamesy musically and similar to children of bodom vocally (sorry spawn :) ), even though they were around before bodom was.

Running Wild - Black Hand Inn
Most people probably already know of running wild but I thought I'd put this album down anyway. What it is, is brilliant melodic speed metal with great lyrics about pirates and stuff. Gotta love guitarist/singer/song writer/main band man Rock n Rolf :) . The thing about this album is while most of the songs on the album kinda sound sameish, the melodies are just so bloody brilliant you tend not to notice, or not to care :) Songs like The Privateer, Fight the fire of hate, soulless and dragonmen are just amazing and so is the rest of the album. You must get this now :)

Eveygrey - Solitude, Dominance, Tragedy
Evergrey released a new album just last year, but this album (which came before the newy) I think is better by far. Great dark sounding progressive metal.

Originally posted by Icarus

Running Wild - Black Hand Inn
Most people probably already know of running wild but I thought I'd put this album down anyway. What it is, is brilliant melodic speed metal with great lyrics about pirates and stuff.

Hahaha, gotta love that. Pirates and stuff.

Originally posted by Kem
Ok, I'm going to recommend this one for myself because I'm still yet to get the complete album. City - Strapping Young Lad. Only got 3 songs but fuck they rule :)
Oh and Gardenian's album Sindustries I'm also quite enjoying at the moment :)

Kem,i love you,for both cd's.

I dont like the idea of being stuck on a boat for 9 months with only my scurvy male companions :lol:

I cant even sleep with Playboy models when I imagine, its just too far out to even contemplate, its like putting a man on the moon or something, I mean, AS IF! :lol: :D

Bloody hell! I came back into this thread to see more CD recommendations, and all I get is pirates and lesbian playboy models! :lol:

You guys are nutters.

More CD ideas are welcome though - the thread started off quite sensibly until Spawny admitted to being a closet pirate. Arrr shiver me timbers. :lol:

Ok, go and buy The Gathering by Testament, thrash for the new millenium but released in the old one :D