The creepiest metal riffs

wow_paladin_22.jpg

Allow me to also mention anything by Esoteric, with emphasis on the 20 minute evilfest "Circle," in which the incredibly simple funeral doom riffs are highly accentuated by the impossibly ear-piercing shrieks.

Those are totally not rogues. Fail.

God Macabre `spawn of flesh', middle.
Bloodbath `trail of insects(the end).

cathedral -serpent eve

various riffs on the first Paradise Lost and old Amorphis albums.etc...

Allow me to also mention anything by Esoteric, with emphasis on the 20 minute evilfest "Circle," in which the incredibly simple funeral doom riffs are highly accentuated by the impossibly ear-piercing shrieks.

I actually started using The Maniacal Vale as my fall asleep album last week, but my brother does say the shrieks are disturbing.

You gotta try Septic Flesh - "Lovecraft's Death"

Their album "Communion" is freaking creepy anyways. It features a full classical orchestra, which adds a hell of a lot more atmosphere.

Creepy, and haunting, are nowhere near the same thing. Read.

Just because a song doesn't talk about gore and abysmal silence from the bowels of sweet satan or the lack thereof doesn't mean it can't be haunting. There are plenty of classical, and nearly all other genres that have haunting music. A song that actually gets radio airplay and is known outside of a slaughterhouse in Iceland can be haunting.

BUT, opinions, assholes, its all good. :)

Creepy, and haunting, are nowhere near the same thing. Read.

Just because a song doesn't talk about gore and abysmal silence from the bowels of sweet satan or the lack thereof doesn't mean it can't be haunting. There are plenty of classical, and nearly all other genres that have haunting music. A song that actually gets radio airplay and is known outside of a slaughterhouse in Iceland can be haunting.

BUT, opinions, assholes, its all good. :)

Also, the name of the thread is "creepiest metal riffs" not creepiest metal lyrics therefore what we post is not what we call creepy based on lyrical content. You're the one who should fucking read.