The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

An old Danish "singer/songwriter goes prog rock" album:
tiderne_skifter.jpg

- for those who care to check it out - here's one of my favorites from the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9THB5bZH34

Nice! Would that be Kenneth Knudsen on keyboard?

Seventh Wonder... I can't stop the SW shuffle on the iPod...

:worship::worship::worship:

Mercy Falls is... deep. I have to go back and forth between SW and Tyr to maintain balance in my universe. It was great to have those 2 at PP together... sort of like contrasting Sabaton and Orphaned Land.

How is their 2010 release compared to Mercy Falls?

Will You Remember - Katagory V
Serenade - Kamelot
Ghost Opera - Kamelot
Over the Hills and Far Away - Nightwish
Murder in the Skies - Gary Moore

Mercy Falls is... deep. I have to go back and forth between SW and Tyr to maintain balance in my universe. It was great to have those 2 at PP together... sort of like contrasting Sabaton and Orphaned Land.

How is their 2010 release compared to Mercy Falls?

That's kinda like trying to compare Queensryche's Operation:Mindcrime to everything else they did... It's Mindcrime.. Empire was good, hell Rage for Order is f'n awesome - but they're not Mindcrime..

The Great Escape is pretty freakin' spectacular - I got poose gimples with every song... but it's still not Mercy Falls... but it still made me go 'WOW... really just WOW' It's the kinda music you wanna put on your best earbuds/ headphones/ whatever, close your eyes, lean back in a chair and just LISTEN... They are just so freakin' talented its sick (in a good way)

probably not a big help huh?? :D

What if I'm not listening to something metal or rock oriented? :ill:

I'd say just take a look at the last.fm chart thing in my sig but it doesn't count youtube plays, which is where most of my music-listening really happens. That said, I've been listening to the TRON soundtrack by Daft Punk a lot. It's near perfect.

This....
cover_244111892009.jpg

Thank you Lee for bringing this gem back to life. And, thank you Ken @ Laser's Edge for bringing it to the U.S.

Pellaz and Modernwizardry... I think this could be something for you. A perfect mix of Hawkwind, Tull, The Gods, Gravy Train and early Heep. 1970's Brittish psych / hard rock at its best.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZNGdKSTRR0&feature=related[/ame]

This new one by Forgotten Tales is frigging awesome, it will be one of top for 2011

Last edited by a moderator: