The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

NeonNightsCDcover.jpg

How is this in comparison to the Radio City one? Is it worth it?

The sound quality is excellent plus there's 3 songs from the last studio album and the song Time Machine from Dehumanizer which aren't on the Radio City disc. So IMO I would say yes. I love anything Dio, be it live or in the studio so this was a no brainer for me.

I like all those bands, outside of Whitesnake/never heard Gary Moore. It could be something I would like if they got a different vocalist. That was the weak point for me.

I've heard a lot of people over the years say that Gary is too "soft" of a singer, but to me he is 51% of what I love about TEN (the music being 49% :)). His voice is soooo smooth!

You've never heard Gary Moore? Damn boy - get started on it: Corridors Of Power, Victims Of The Future, Run For Cover, Wild Frontiers = albums that should not be missed in any collection!!!

Listening now - very uneven unfortunately. Many of the songs start out really good, but when it comes to the chorus it's just "blaaaaaaaaahhhh" ...

Is it as big of a disappointment as Ripper's solo album was a couple of years ago? Better? Worse? Just curious as while I love him in Primal Fear I've always felt this disc could go either way.

I've heard a lot of people over the years say that Gary is too "soft" of a singer, but to me he is 51% of what I love about TEN (the music being 49% :)). His voice is soooo smooth!

You've never heard Gary Moore? Damn boy - get started on it: Corridors Of Power, Victims Of The Future, Run For Cover, Wild Frontiers = albums that should not be missed in any collection!!!

It's a shame Gary decided to give up rock for the blues. While some of his original blues based rock songs are excellent (Midnight Blues, Still Got the Blues), his covers are pretty generic aside from the guitar work. His hard rock guitar work was just scorching though. I think Wild Frontiers is his best album. It had a sincerity, given his Irish roots, that a lot of his other stuff lacked.

Ensiferum - Ensiferum
Invictus - Black Heart
Ion Vein - Beyond Tomorrow
Nuclear Assault - Game Over / The Plague
Nuclear Assault - Survive
Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
Nuclear Assault - Live At The Hammersmith Odeon
Nuclear Assault - Out Of Order

Ensiferum - Iron
Iron Fire - Thunderstorm
Iron Fire - On The Edge
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden