The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

I'll give Strangra a chance but the new Power Quest is quite exceptional.

:lol: at Strangra.

You really should give it a chance though. To me, it's basically Stratovarius' good old days with the usual great performance by Andre. You can definitely hear in the songwriting that Timo and Andre wrote the album together. It's pretty clear.

I tried the new Power Quest disc. It hasn't clicked yet but I haven't given up yet.

38812_symfonia_in_paradisum.jpg

Power metal album of the year.

Good to hear the album is that good. I'm always worried about these collaborations.

Shadow Gallery - Legacy
Shadow Gallery - Room V
Shadows Fall - Of One Blood
Shadows Fall - The Art Of Balance
Shadows Fall - Destroyer Of Senses
Shadows Fall - The War Within
Sick Of It All - Blood, Sweat, And No Tears
Sick Of It All - Just Look Around

Good to hear the album is that good. I'm always worried about these collaborations.

I know some people are going to hate it. It's literally a combination of Andre songwriting with Timo songwriting. I mean, it's THAT clear they're the two main people behind it. That being said, it's been a while since I last heard Tolkki write songs that remind me of Strato's golden era. Add that to Matos' golden voice and it's a winner for me. Power Metal fans are going to drool all over this. And if Glenn books them for next year, I will have to re-evaluate my appreciation for him. It might go one step beyond being a friend. :lol:

Bunch of stuffs yesterday due to being stuck at campus - this was all stuff in the car since i chose to rest over having an internet connection and a sore back from being against a wall for 3 hours and therefore didn't get to the death/black metal suggestions yet :S

3205.jpg

symphony-x-v-the-new-mythology-suite.jpg

tetrafusion-altered-state.jpg

40362.jpg

Sad that these guys broke up, these are two of my favorite albums
47562907.jpg

snowfall_large.jpg

I know some people are going to hate it. It's literally a combination of Andre songwriting with Timo songwriting. I mean, it's THAT clear they're the two main people behind it. That being said, it's been a while since I last heard Tolkki write songs that remind me of Strato's golden era. Add that to Matos' golden voice and it's a winner for me. Power Metal fans are going to drool all over this. And if Glenn books them for next year, I will have to re-evaluate my appreciation for him. It might go one step beyond being a friend. :lol:

Btw, where did you order it? I know I dont' see it on Laser's Edge yet.