The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

51ywAhFP4iL._SS500_.jpg

It's Amon Amarth day. Started the morning with this...

Amon_Amarth_-_Versus_the_World.jpg

...so I could get ready for this. I must say for a band labeled as having the same album over and over, they change it up a bit. A lot more mid-slow tempo stuff but while still incorporating their usual sound. Also, unlike their past couple of albums I can't say there's any standouts but it's high quality stuff regardless. I still say they are the best current death metal band.

cd_amon_amarth_surtur_rising.jpg

demonaz-march-of-the-norse-jewelcase-.jpg

The difference between this album and I's Between Two Worlds is that while I took a Motorheadísh sound, this has a more Manowar/Bathory vibe

I'm more curious now. Btw, did you actually receive it or just find a way to listen to it? If so, where did you order it from?

I'm more curious now. Btw, did you actually receive it or just find a way to listen to it? If so, where did you order it from?

Simon, can I ask an honest question? Every time someone posts that they're listening to an album that hasn't necessarily come out yet, you ask them how they acquired it, almost as if you're trying to catch the people who download it. I know you've done it to me and others quite a few times. Answer me dude, what does it matter? Some people obviously download it illegally, while others actually have access to legal copies of these albums way before the street date. I think you know very well which stores have the type of music we listen to, and it's easy to find street dates on websites...

And I hope this is not going to turn into another stupid piracy discussion. We've already had 20 of those in the last year alone.

np:
GHG_front_small.jpg