The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

Simon, can I ask an honest question? Every time someone posts that they're listening to an album that hasn't necessarily come out yet, you ask them how they acquired it, almost as if you're trying to catch the people who download it. I know you've done it to me and others quite a few times. Answer me dude, what does it matter? Some people obviously download it illegally, while others actually have access to legal copies of these albums way before the street date. I think you know very well which stores have the type of music we listen to, and it's easy to find street dates on websites...

And I hope this is not going to turn into another stupid piracy discussion. We've already had 20 of those in the last year alone.

np:
GHG_front_small.jpg

Thanks. All this time, I thought Simon was just a naive bumpkin from the West BUmblefuck in the flyover states. Otherwise he'd know how to use teh gOOgle to find things. Again, I'm not answering his question, mostly because I do NOT recognize the validity of the 1996 Digital Millenium Copyright Act that destructed the concept of the public commons in the name of "intellectual property". If he does and you do, that's on your shoulders, not mine.

Meanwhuile, great Dark Suns album

I'm not answering this question.

Simon, can I ask an honest question? Every time someone posts that they're listening to an album that hasn't necessarily come out yet, you ask them how they acquired it, almost as if you're trying to catch the people who download it. I know you've done it to me and others quite a few times. Answer me dude, what does it matter? Some people obviously download it illegally, while others actually have access to legal copies of these albums way before the street date. I think you know very well which stores have the type of music we listen to, and it's easy to find street dates on websites...

And I hope this is not going to turn into another stupid piracy discussion. We've already had 20 of those in the last year alone.

To Ben: I wasn't trying to get you into any deep shit or anything whether you downloaded it legally or not. I honestly was only asking because I haven't been able to find it cheap anywhere.

To Angra: I see how it looks now. Honest truly, I wasn't trying to make this about downloading whatsoever, so trust me we won't get into one of those debates. The thought didn't even enter my head. I was honestly curious about where to get it. That's it. As for always asking, I've only asked that twice. Yes, both times have been in the last week but like I said, I wasn't even trying to talk about downloading at all. Unless it's a power metal/prog metal release, I actually don't know the places to get the more underground stuff. After last night though, I did find that it will have a US release as I didn't know for sure if that one would've or not.

To both: I apologize if you think I was trying to be an ass about you downloading legally or illegally. Honestly, I meant zero harm.

To Ben: I wasn't trying to get you into any deep shit or anything whether you downloaded it legally or not. I honestly was only asking because I haven't been able to find it cheap anywhere.

To both: I apologize if you think I was trying to be an ass about you downloading legally or illegally. Honestly, I meant zero harm.

Fine. I'm just saying if you couldn't find it, you haven't done a very good job searching. And I take it that by searching, you mean "walk through WalMart seeing only Britney Spears and Snoop Dogg albums"

lost_in_thought_artwork.jpg

Those of you who like Circus Maximus, Seventh Wonder and Pagan's Mind will be absolutely IN LOVE with this band. Best surprise of the year so far.

Okay, so the Demonaz album?

Fucking awesome. Seriously. I love it. Might be a bit early but I'm putting it in for candidacy of best album this year.

Riverside - Rapid Eye Movement
Neal Morse - Question (the first cd that taught me "Christian rock" isn't always code for music that very much sucks)
Fates Warning - Pleasant Shade of Gray
Lynch Pilson - Wicked Underground
Patty Griffin - Children Running Through (I challenge anyone to not feel better while listening to Heavenly Day)

acaganpr_Cover_1.jpg

Besides the less than cool cover artwork, this album is another winner from Dredg. Not as instant as "Catch..." and not quite as rock/heavy sounding as "Pariah, Parrot ..." but somewhere in between those.

And before someone asks about how it measures up to "Leitmotif" or "El Cielo", well ... it's way better than either of those, which in my opinion aren't very good - too indie sounding - on the last three albums Dredg finally sounds like a real band with an idea - the first two (not including all the EP's) the band was just a boring directionless indie band running around like a headless chicken. Sorry that I'm not "cool" enough to appreciate that stuff (waiting on BenMech to jump in with a comment on how Dredg hasn't been any good since the first two albums, hahaha :))

acaganpr_Cover_1.jpg

Besides the less than cool cover artwork, this album is another winner from Dredg. Not as instant as "Catch..." and not quite as rock/heavy sounding as "Pariah, Parrot ..." but somewhere in between those.

And before someone asks about how it measures up to "Leitmotif" or "El Cielo", well ... it's way better than either of those, which in my opinion aren't very good - too indie sounding - on the last three albums Dredg finally sounds like a real band with an idea - the first two (not including all the EP's) the band was just a boring directionless indie band running around like a headless chicken. Sorry that I'm not "cool" enough to appreciate that stuff (waiting on BenMech to jump in with a comment on how Dredg hasn't been any good since the first two albums, hahaha :))

Funny.
There's a discussion about the new dredg album on another forum I post
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:09 am Post subject:

I'm finally giving The Pariah album its time of day.

Different times and moods make different ears, y'know? I think I'm enjoying this now.

Btw, my view on CWoA is that the Coquette demos were really really good.
I'm curious for the new album