The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

The Septic Flesh CD is melting my face - I had forgotten how many surprises this thing contains! :hotjump:

That is one of my favorite discs over the last few years. I didn't even give them a chance if I saw their name before due to the band name thinking they were typical gory, death metal but they are anything but...

...and something a little quieter for the afternoon:

3-inches-of-blood-long-live-heavy-metal-20120205064526.jpg

The mish-mash playlist spinning today:

VAIN - Enough Rope
FOREIGNER - 4
ROB MORATTI - Victory
KIK TRACEE - No Rules
BON JOVI - 7800 Fahrenheit
CHEAP TRICK - Woke Up With A Monster

Finished the 3 Inches of Blood - and recalled that "Leave it on the Ice" is very appropriate for the season!

Moving on/back to Septic Flesh:

septic-flesh-communion.jpg

Had to spin that CD twice. IMO it is much denser than "The Great Mass", which I was able to get into right away. This one has layers, and I needed to peel them back with one listen, then look under the covers the 2nd time around. Versatile band, to say the least.

Again moving to the quieter side with some plain ol' heavy metal this afternoon:

accept-stalingrad-20120331133844.jpg

Again couldn't get into this CD - stopped halfway through. Just not grabbing my attention - sorry boys!

I am trying to listen to all of the ProgPower bands for this year before September, but I am stuck on Redemption's This Mortal Coil. :worship:

An amazing CD - I really cannot understand why this disc has received such mixed reviews. Good luck on trying to move on from there!

redemption-this-mortal-coil-20110731101637.jpg

Starting progressive today:

lost-in-thought-opus-arise.jpg

I just don't understand the complaints by reviewers about a band sounding like a clone of a great act - in this case DT. To me, it's like getting 10 DT albums in one year, if the cloning bands do a great job. In this case, while there are DT elements, I think these guys can stand on their own feet - I like it - a lot!

..and now for something completely different. Not my usual fare, as I usually need some melody to follow, but the raw technical skill, and amazing speed, is something to behold. Having said that, the lyrics are simply revolting:

spawn-of-possession-incurso-20120207145044.jpg

At the risk of repeating myself - a complete change of gears from the previous technical death metal back to the basics:

christian-mistress-possession-20120113173248.jpg