The definite, new "How Do You Feel" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siren said:
a) hair is very fragile while wet -> increased danger of breakage during sleep.
b) there's a possibility you might catch a cold and wake up with a sore neck or headache.
For "a)", I stand corrected.

I disagree to "b)". Colds are caught through infected air or person or whatever. You can't catch a cold only by being cold or wet.

@Cuthalion : Wait for it man. At least try to know her more before deciding if you want to go on. First impressions can be extremely blinding and treacherous. Believe me, I know.

Thank you. I might get sued though, because it's from the French comedy Astérix et Obélix : Mission Cléôpatre

Ah, great series (the whole A&O collection of books/films). My favorites were always Astérix in Britain, Astérix Legionnaire and Astérix and the Goths (well, that's my sloppy translation from the titles in spanish; wouldn't know about the original french titles).

Yeah they're great. But the best comedy you can get from France and that's a personal opinion and I do have a twisted and very absurd sense of humor, is RRRrrrr!!!

Nah, a new one from this year. It's called "The sky falls on his head" They got extraterrestrials now. This shows a horrible lack of imagination.

UndoControl said:
Ah, great series (the whole A&O collection of books/films). My favorites were always Astérix in Britain, Astérix Legionnaire and Astérix and the Goths (well, that's my sloppy translation from the titles in spanish; wouldn't know about the original french titles).

the chez les formula is common for most of the titles containing the name of a population, hence astérix chez les bretons, astérix chez les goths and so on. astérix legionnaire is indeed the original title (with a different pronunciation, of course). other, later titles are more varied.

@Undo and Rampage, you guys are right as always :) I will lie low for a couple of months, then i will assess the situation some more and then i will decide on how am i supposed to feel for her, so hopefully we might be together somewhere around november 2006. :bah: Come on guys sometimes you have to act first and think later, there is a saying in my country which will suck as a translation but here goes: Who is quicker is also more handsome :) Do you get it?

RampageSword said:
I disagree to "b)". Colds are caught through infected air or person or whatever. You can't catch a cold only by being cold or wet.
Fine, try taking a warm shower and then going immediately outside in the cold. You stand responsible for your actions and i'm not to blame for the results if you try to do this, i warned you. ;)

I'm not willing to research this, but my guess is that it has to do with open pores, esp for going out with wet hair. As for sleeping, my guess is that it has to do something with body temperature that drops and decreased ability of your body to protect itself from the cold. Which is also why you sleep with blankets...
Maybe you won't get a cold the way you seem to mean it, but turning your neck might get a tad painful the next morning.

Siren said:
Maybe you won't get a cold the way you seem to mean it, but turning your neck might get a tad painful the next morning.

Yes, definitely. Now, enough arguing. Let's drop this thing plz.

NF : Stress, stress, stress :erk: Stupid play is gonna kill me...

I'm feeling like, uh, 4 and a half hours before my vacation :) Oh these promises of having fun till the end of the weeeeeeek :D It hits the fan TONITE!

Don't stress out, mate: have a drink, choke a snake and relax ;) And keep your mind on... razorteeth bunnies snorting cox, or smth :)

plintus said:
Don't stress out, mate: have a drink, choke a snake and relax ;) And keep your mind on... razorteeth bunnies snorting cox, or smth :)

What's this whole deal about razorteeth bunnies snorting cox? I hate rabbits. I prefer badgers :cool:

rahvin: Thanx for that most educational piece of information. :)

Cuthalion: Sure; they also say that "the brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all". But i think that thinking things over before you act tends to produce better / healthier / less painful results in the long run.

plintus: Since you've apparently got a week of vacation and a week can be a long time, why don't you try http://www.eyezmaze.com/tontie/v0/index.html? :Spin:

Status
Not open for further replies.