The Definitive Rose of Sharyn DI + Backing

I would've posted on netmusicians but the apostrophe bug is fucking obnoxious. The guitars sound fucking great, dude. Only Cobra clip I've ever heard that made me think the amp was worth it's massive price tag. :headbang:

Wow thanks man! I definitely didn't expect any comments like that. I didn't have to pay much for mine. I actually only traded my VHT Deliverance for it. Was a good trade. The VHT was nice but boring as hell.

Wow thanks man! I definitely didn't expect any comments like that. I didn't have to pay much for mine. I actually only traded my VHT Deliverance for it. Was a good trade. The VHT was nice but boring as hell.

Do you mind sharing your cobra settings/switch/volume settings? Sounds fantastic.

Thanks,
t

I'm usually met with the stinkeye when I say something like that. VHTs are cool for what they do but what they do is something I don't find particularly great. Very vanilla. All of em.

Well, I'm not a stickler for dissing perfectly good amps. But, VHT's are very happy in a mix, but they're just so dry and lifeless that I can't stand playing through them. I always felt like there was a strange total lack of any pick attack, and the amp was so unforgiving that pinch harmonics didn't come out properly, and the low end, while ridiculously tight, is at a frequency where it feels boomy no matter what you do. The SigX was nice for about 15 minutes, then I felt the same thing I felt with the Deliverance and Pitbull.

Sorry, VHT fans. Not my cup of tea.

Well, I'm not a stickler for dissing perfectly good amps. But, VHT's are very happy in a mix, but they're just so dry and lifeless that I can't stand playing through them. I always felt like there was a strange total lack of any pick attack, and the amp was so unforgiving that pinch harmonics didn't come out properly, and the low end, while ridiculously tight, is at a frequency where it feels boomy no matter what you do. The SigX was nice for about 15 minutes, then I felt the same thing I felt with the Deliverance and Pitbull.

I had a UL100 and have to agree with you. The dryness for me just kills em :(

I did a quick reamp with my Jet City 333 this morning. I did not reamp the whole song just like 30 seconds. This was my first time reamping with real amps and i was not sure how it would turn out, so I only did a small clip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/610605/Josh Reamp.mp3

Also here is a thread with pics and settings....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/607061-jet-city-333-reamp.html#post9204998

Sounds good man!

ttrentt said:
Do you mind sharing your cobra settings/switch/volume settings? Sounds fantastic.

Thanks,
t
Thanks man. Here ya go.

Crunch Channel:
Bass : 10:00
Mids: 11:00
Treble: 12:00
Presence: 9:00
Gain: 1:00
Volume: 2:00
Deep: 10:00
Master: 10:00

I don't use the notch switches. I boost mine with a Fulltone OCD. :)

I don't have much experience recording them but I feel the same as you. Just lifeless.

I don't have much experience recording them but I feel the same as you. Just lifeless.

They sound like they're already high and low passed. :lol:

You can get a VHT to fit a mix by doing absolutely nothing to them, if they're dialed in at least moderately well. It's a shame they're so damn dull.

Now that I've hijacked this thread I feel I should reamp these DI's. :lol:

I'll get to that later tonight.

I did a quick reamp with my Jet City 333 this morning. I did not reamp the whole song just like 30 seconds. This was my first time reamping with real amps and i was not sure how it would turn out, so I only did a small clip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/610605/Josh Reamp.mp3

Also here is a thread with pics and settings....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/607061-jet-city-333-reamp.html#post9204998

It's not bad by any means, but I don't think it's great either.
The higher mids have this nasty quality to the sound that's kinda grating and harsh that I'd be inclined to think would not work in a mix with vocals all that well. That kinda higher mid and upper mid quality just doesn't suit this kinda music, because the higher mids are really taking too much focus away from the lower mids.
Try making some cuts in the higher and upper mids first and see how well that goes.
Even try some small boosts in the lower mids too.

Im tempted to run these backwards thrue my DI box, then ENGL 520, Poweramp an selfmade cab ... ill see if I get something going.

How the do I know how loud a erversed DI box needs to be in terms of output ?