The Dreams Thread

I dreamt I was in a hotel to sit a high school test. Someone said to look down to the lobby as we were expecting 'celebrities' to walk in with entourages. I immediately saw Dave Mustaine, and it turned out he was there to supervise our test, held in a large conference room. He also marked our answers straight away. Meanwhile, there was chatter about how the nearest train station was being renovated and you had to waste a lot of time navigating a maze of construction just to walk in and out of the place. Dave also turned out to be our bus driver, taking us back to that station. Someone had suggested it'd be faster to go to a train line a couple of streets over and transfer from there, so I decided to get off and test that theory. While the bus stopped it morphed into more of a train and I couldn't get the doors to open as I guess they sensed there was no platform. Dave saw this and knew where I wanted to go, so he swerved the bus off of the road and into a park where he was able to drop me close to the next street over.

I walked along that street, turned left at the next intersection and found a section of street going downhill. It was closed to traffic with a big X Games-style ramp set up. Kids were pushing their crappy little BMX bikes back up the hill to ride the ramp again. It seemed in the dream they could make big jumps without getting injured. At the bottom of the hill, some classmates from high school were at a small building. I talked to one or two of them. Another went up some stairs to a balcony and dived headfirst off of it with his arms by his sides. The X Games theme meant the ground was very softly padded and he was presumably able to hit it headfirst without snapping his neck, although I didn't manage to confirm it.

A fat black woman wearing only a thin transparent body-shawl was now behind the mike, singing "I am the black lagooooooon" a few times as the sort of chorus/hook but there was a longer melody I forgot. Suddenly the crowd is performing a mass exodus and I'm thinking "But it's actually getting good", when suddenly I realize that she's sporting a half-erect three inch chub from under one of her fat rolls. iirc the rest of the band on stage was now pantsless as well.
:tickled: That's the kind of excitement we need, concerts were getting too samey.

Weird shit last night.

I dreamed that I'd purchased a ticket to some indie film I wanted to see from a dude I didn't know online; he had two tickets and was trying to get rid of one of them. On my way to the theater, I somehow dropped my backpack. When I turned around, I saw a kid (probably in his late teens) reach down, swipe it up, and take off. I ran after him, but my dumb dream legs wouldn't work right. I was super panicked because I knew I had a key to my apartment and credit card in one of the pouches. He went into what seemed like an apartment building, and the door shut and locked behind him. I waited outside for someone to exit, then I went in after him. The hallways were darkly lit and went on forever, and I thought to myself "I'm never going to fucking find him in this maze."

For whatever reason, I abandoned my search and went to the movie theater--which, of course, was in the same building as the apartment complex. I found the guy I'd purchased a ticket from and we sat down next to each other, and I proceeded to tell him that someone had just stolen my backpack. He was unsympathetic and an asshole about it, basically making fun of me that I'd been robbed. I was relieved when, during an intermission, he got up and changed seats. I then thought to myself whether this guy could have somehow been in on it, since I bought the ticket from him.

The movie ended, and I decided to search the corridors again. Eventually I discovered a stairway that was covered in dogs and cats--crawling all over each other, fighting, hissing. I tried to step around them as I went up the stairs. As I ascended, I turned to my left; through the bars, on the landing of the next floor up, some dude was lying on the floor. He looked dead. I climbed the rest of the stairs and circled around the railing, noticing a second body lying slumped against a door: the fucking kid who robbed me. And lying next to him was my backpack. I grabbed it, immediately checking the pouches. My key was still there, but the credit card was missing. I shrugged, thinking "Well, I'll just cancel it," and turned to go. At that moment, the dude lying on the landing reached out and gripped my ankle. He said: "You can't go, for the deal is not yet done." I shook him loose and ran.

After that, I went to see the same movie in the same theater, but this time with an old friend of mine. I opened my backpack and found a bunch of photographs from high school. My friend was in some of them. I tried to tell him what had happened, but the movie started. Then I woke up.

I had several weird dreams today. A dream about attending a small rock gig led to dreaming I was a transvestite stand-up comedian on stage in a small venue supposedly in Alaska. I was performing to one table of people, and towards the end there was only three people still sitting there. I also dreamt I was on some kind of military mission, sneaking through the trees near a highway, doing things like setting bombs and avoiding getting shot. Then I dreamt about an Asian grocery truck driver bringing a dirty stray kitten he'd found home to his family. I was on hand to give the kitten a wash in the shower, and when I narrowly avoided being bitten on the finger I figured the kitten was ready to be dried.

I dreamt that when work sent me a laptop to use, they sent it in a solid black case with a pistol. Supposedly the pistol was a freebie from a McDonald's promotion. In the commercial for the promotion, McDonald's showed a realistically disappointing-looking burger, an actor in a wheelchair, and a second actor running out into traffic, apparently in an effort to become wheelchair bound like the first for some reason. Meanwhile, I figured that if I had a gun, I needed to practice using it. I loaded it and logged onto something on the laptop so company software could start monitoring. When I fired the gun safely at a pillow-sized bullet trap inside my apartment, an error message popped up on the laptop screen.

I composed an email to the IT helpdesk to report the error. To help the case somehow, I attached 5 or 6 videos of kittens totalling 21.96MB. IT replied complaining that this was the second thing I'd messed up, after having installed some software I wasn't supposed to or something like that. I started writing a reply pointing out that they're the ones who sent me the gun and I needed to be safe with it, and meanwhile they sent me two more emails. In one the IT support person had quoted a statement from his wife to corroborate that I was a bad person for using the company's equipment wrongly.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
I keep having this dream where Onder comes to America, starts eating American food and gets fat

EDIT
Kinda hope this isn't a psychic vision of the the future

In my dream I'm standing outside the theater and everyone exiting the theater is bitching about how horrible in the movie was
In weird ass dream logic I some how realize that they are all bitching about the same crappy movie even though I still have no idea what the crappy movie was
Then I see Ryan Reynolds and Gianna Michaels come out of the theater together and I ask Gianna what the horrible movie was she says that the horrible movie was Green Lantern re-make and then Ryan Reynolds says "it's as bad as the one with me in it"
Kinda hope THIS one isn't psychically predicting the future

Reactions: Bloopy
Fuck, another long one... sometimes I wonder why I type these up, but the 3rd part is fairly iconic.

I dreamt I was watching a live stream of celebrities including Toyah Willcox. They were in a room with a 6ft high pile of solid plastic cards from a collectible card game. It was late evening and they were getting undressed for bed, but also to get naked and dive in and out of the pile of cards like Scrooge McDuck. I was able to send them a message, so I told Toyah she made for a good wank while trying not to sound like a creep. Then I dreamt my parents were saying they'd ordered something from Bandcamp and I looked it up. It seemed to be a cassette bundled with a couple of cigars, with it being at your own risk as to whether the cigars would be allowed through the post, but when I looked closer I saw that most of the price points came with cigar-sized rolls of candy instead.

Then I started the 25min drive to Wellington City, presumably for a live show. I saw a long-haired metalhead walking on the motorway shoulder. Instead of having to drive through the tunnel and park on a city street, the last section of motorway had become a regular road, so I parked there and walked through the tunnel. Maybe that part came earlier in the dream, as I don't remember anything else before I was on the walk back. I saw a rusty 1930s car parked that looked a bit like Cruella de Vil's ride, but comically taller. I took a photo of it even though the owner told me not to. He was blurred in the photo, but then the car had a larger-than-life model of him sitting mounted on the hood. I told him I wouldn't share the photo publicly and he seemed ok with that. Then I realised the car was also some kind of avant-garde musical instrument. It had a keyboard on top, and the player had to get naked, swing in on a trapeze and bang their head on the keyboard to play it. I watched this demonstrated a couple of times and thought it'd go nicely with the guitarist in Mad Max: Fury Road. Then I was driving again, and narrowly dodged the long-haired metalhead who was now walking on one side of the fast lane, having nearly made it to the city. Then I was walking again, and then I wasn't sure which I was doing as alternating like that happens a lot in my dreams.

I saw a giant dude chugging down the fast lane in the opposite direction on foot, passing a skip loader truck. Somehow both were out of breath and they pulled over. The guy had returned to a more normal size and he was bent over and panting when I went over to talk to him. I found out he'd walked all the way from a city 2 hours drive away, and somehow I conjured up memories of having done the same walk. I commented on how weird it is to walk slowly past things that you normally drive past at speed. We were next to a park and wandered into that. It had a whole lot of public toilets, some of them permanent brick buildings and some temporary and flimsy. The guy told me you can walk through walls if you believe it's possible. I applied my open mind and starting forming my own belief of it, even to the point that I thought the guy was going about it all wrong. First he eyed up one of the brick walls and I asked if he was sure he wanted to start with brick, thinking the wall of a temporary cubicle would be a better starter for beginners. Then he was about to start from too close to the wall and I said he needed to start from a metre back to stride confidently at it. Then he got the idea that it'd be better to try passing through a wooden table which happened to be next to him, and began measuring a metre from that. I told him that was no good as the table only reached up to his hips, when he needed to be putting his heart into this to make it work.

Then we saw a bunch of people had arrived, and went outside and realised a music festival was having its finale at the park, hence the need for the temporary toilets. The parade consisted of a train of very tall carriages which held the bands 3 metres above the ground. The idea of the finale was that all the bands played at once and made a total racket, no doubt inspired by 'CubaSonic' here which I haven't witnessed in person. Meanwhile, the guy had to pee and went back into the toilets. I saw a full name on the back of his shirt which started with Margaret. I waited around as I wanted to make an attempt at walking through a wall in his presence. I tried to stand somewhere out of the way of the lines for the toilets and had to keep moving as the crowd was growing and the lines kept getting longer. I saw an older guy I knew who looked like he'd been attacked with a knife going into the toilets with a friend to get the bloody wounds cleaned up. I overheard some delinquents saying they'd spotted a cool Cadillac to steal, and I almost followed them to try and stop them but then decided walking through a wall was more important. The older guy came back out, but I never saw the other guy again. I tried to remember if he'd told me his name. I remembered Margaret from his shirt, but then figured he'd gotten it second hand.

i dreamt a hedgehog was carrying a dead crow across the garden and i tried to go out to get a better look but a hornet the size of a dragonfly with beedrill drills flew at me and i punched it in the face and it flew at me again and stung me and i woke up

Reactions: CiG and Bloopy
when i can be in front of a telivision, i'll sit in front of the TV 24/7
when i can't watch TV my dreaming mind sometimes makes up brand-new crazy episodes of old TV shows

in my recent dreams

Sam and Dean Winchester go to Metropolis to find "The Blur"

Moulder and Scully from X-files interacting with Peter Bishop and Olivia Dunham from Fringe

Jadzia Dax talking to Worf in the Promenade and Jadzia mentioning McDonald's food

i dreamt i was hanging out with @CiG and i wanted to watch a movie but he insisted we have to watch montrezl harrell instead. not the lakers or the nba in general, but specifically montrezl harrell. *shrug*

Reactions: CiG
I had a dream last night that involved some sort of like isekai/real life turned into an action RPG scenarios where there was this one quest I was on tied to something really late at night, and I had to fight this boss that was an onryo woman in a bridal dress who carried two glowing curved swords, which kinda looked like the Dancers swords from DS3. I think in the dream she was called the Twilight Maiden or something like that. She was very difficult in the dream and really freaked me the fuck out by how her movements were, especially how fast she was. And when she was killed, she dropped like an orb that had a glowing grey fog in it that could be used to craft and Item. I remember how she looks super vividly, and she had to be fought on a full moon.

I dreamt I had a sort of open plan bedroom/bathroom on a mezzanine. I had plush toys lined up on the bed so they could keep watch on something or someone in the bed. Two of the toys turned out to be cocktail sausages with burst skins. I'd assigned points to each toy for each day it kept watch, but given that idea up after less than a week. I recalled having a plush toy of a race car driver, which had 0 points because I'd kept it hidden under the blankets. I had a bunch of friends round and they were doing skateboard tricks on the handrails and concrete stairwell leading up to the mezzanine.

Then it became a bit of a nightmare, as I'd taken a shit and I was wiping and wiping and my arse just wasn't getting clean. The problem seemed to be that my butt cheeks were really big and fat and sticking together a lot. After filling up one toilet with paper, I realised I had a 2nd toilet so switched over and started filling that one up too. My parents came up to ask if they could help, which I didn't mind, but all I got them to do was to tidy up some of my things that had gotten out of place.

Eventually I got downstairs and we were pigging out on Indian takeaways, which could help explain the above. I saw a couple of empty containers which were probably what I'd eaten so far. The huge open plan living area was arranged as some kind of soccer court, but with a goal at the inner side of where the penalty area would be and facing the end of the room. There were lots of balls of different colours, but there may have been containers of curry being slid around the floor as well. Certain people may have needed to kick a particular colour of ball to score a goal. I was acting as goalkeeper and I suspect the colour of the next ball scored with represented the next curry I got to eat. I put a clean spoon out on the dining table for the purpose, but then my sister brought out a tray of various homemade desserts. The dessert spoons were of a different style, but my brother-in-law used the spoon I'd put out to eat his dessert and I tried to wrap my dream mind around the ramifications of that.

After filling up one toilet with paper, I realised I had a 2nd toilet so switched over and started filling that one up too. My parents came up to ask if they could help

There were lots of balls of different colours, but there may have been containers of curry being slid around the floor as well. Certain people may have needed to kick a particular colour of ball to score a goal. I was acting as goalkeeper and I suspect the colour of the next ball scored with represented the next curry I got to eat.
:lol:

I love when my dreams involve my childhood neighborhood, sometimes I think I'm astral planing above my old neighborhood as it seem like I'm flying over it it and not walking through the neighborhood.