the dynamite politics thread

Wildfyr, Tebus: Each time I start to think like "it would be better if all the Americans were nuked to hell right now", you come to my mind and I get the chance to reconsider. Truly, people like you are the faint hope of your nation - and this world.

-Villain

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick' and 'Colon'. Need I say more?"
~Chris Rock

@Salmy: Indeed, he is :oops: *curses sites that won't let you copy the text, thus forcing you to write it from memory*
Oh by the way, in case anyone cares, which I doubt, the black golfer's girlfriend is from this area. Hah.

Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired.
Go back to bed America, your goverment is in control. Here, here's American
Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American
Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their
fucking skulls together and congratulate you on the living in the land of freedom.
Here you go America - you are free to do what well tell you! You are free to do
what we tell you!

-Bill Hicks

State's 300-year win streak against church continues

May 19, 2004

BY NEIL STEINBERG SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Opening shot

A headline on the front page of USA Today Tuesday referred to the "gay-marriage debate.'' What gay-marriage debate? Is anyone debating anything? Presenting facts and arguments? I don't think so. On one side we have religious intolerance, which has curled up for so long in the lap of government that it feels like it belongs there. On the other, there are we who believe individuals should not be denied civil rights by government because of who they are.

And you know what? We're winning. If you look at the history of our country over the past 300 years, it is the story of prying the white-knuckled grip of faith off the throat of civic life.

If you doubt how the gay marriage "debate'' will end up, I have two words for you: blue laws.

Remember blue laws? Stores were closed on Sunday because Sunday was the Sabbath. Not only was it in the Bible, it was in the 10 Commandments -- "Honor the Sabbath to keep it holy. ...''

What happened to the Sabbath? How is it we can go to Jewel on Sunday and buy beer? How did something unimaginable for centuries become unquestioned practice during my lifetime?

Economics -- stores make money being open -- and the steady erosion of religious dogma. Combine the money to be made by hotels, florists and caterers at gala gay weddings with the fact that most Americans really don't want to embed religious intolerance into the Constitution, and the outcome is clear. The only sad thing is we normals have to wait patiently while all the Bible-waving wackos adjust themselves to this. A process which, by my calculations, should take about a decade.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/steinberg/cst-nws-stein19.html

:headbang:

The Pentagon is not disputing that a number of innocent civilians -- including
children -- may have been killed in the airstrike, but officials insist there was
solid intelligence that the site was being used by "foreign fighters" and was not
an innocent gathering of wedding celebrants.

Source: CNN.com

So, just cos the intelligence shows that there is "foreign fighters" somewhere
you can blow up innocent civilians now? (not that this is anything new from USA).

What is USA thinking with these statements?
"Yes, we blow up innocent civilians and we also filled our your "join the local
terrorist group" form for for you, just need your signature here and innitials
here and here. Have fun on your bombing runs and remember to smile when
you blow yourself up."

Hi,in this thread I want your opinion for the terrorist strikes they happened at Russia,I believe that the terrorists did something awful and nothing can excuse their stance.It is great sin to murder innocent children besides your any very aim if you are fighting for the freedom of your country.

We have a politics thread somewhere, just dig that out and
let's keep it there.

My views can be seen there as well.
I will ask tho, what makes the terrorists killing kids any worse
than the goverment doing it?
(answer in the politics thread if you will, it's called Dynamite
Politics or something of that sort)

once we have all agreed that killing people, especially civilians, especially kids, especially through premeditation, especially in cruel ways, especially add abominable features at will, is evil, it seems to me we've gone no farther than the obvious.

A terrorist to you is a freedom fighter to me, and a murderer to me may be an activist to you.. Now murdering hundreds of children, raping them, feeding them on their own waste is WAAAAAAAAY beyond the call of duty, but you have to think why they're doing it. Why won't Russia grant them independance? Becuase they think it's dangerous, or becuase they don't want to lose face?

As far as what good it did.. it didn't. The whole world knows of their cause now, thing is the whole world is against them. Most peopel read the headline "400 massacred!" and don't bother going into the politics of it and decide they're jsut a bunch of murderers.

Everyone with a heart will be against what they actually physically did of course..

rahvin, would you mind merging this into the politics thread? i guess that the whole freedom fighters or criminals debate could lead us somewhere, but there's no point in duplicating threads.

well the perventive strike is wrong because you may attract many nations from the real danger I mean that is not politically correct to punish when the crime is not done.You will answer to me that if you do not show your power and you do not do something to prevent terroristic strikes you may have an other 9/11 but to prevent that acts you may have excellent intellegence services but the islamic terrorism is not the same with any other terrorist acts that have done before.They are doing all that things without causes and I believe in that because their believes are not6 to free their nation or to help their people and being develloped nation but they have beliefs how they can harm more and more people that they help USA at their war acts the ten last years and especially for their stance at arabic warfare but at that the USA have a very false they want to pass their problems and to other countries.So if the USA and other countries at its side look more carefully at the problem they will understand why some countries they will never get a terrorist stike or attack.

My results:

Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

I'd have expected myself to be horizontally closer to the center (ie. less left-wing) and vertically lower (ie. more libertarian), but seeing that Gandhi, Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela are pretty damn close to me, I guess I'm not too far from where I stand in the reality.

Overall, I found it quite accurate - and I'm not in the least surprised to see Ariel Sharon, George W. Bush and Margaret Thatcher in the same querter with Adolf Hitler.

-Villain