the dynamite politics thread

nothing wrong with liberal ideals, just don't fuck up the rest of the world. like the cia helping overthrow allende in chile, when he was murdered. helping reinstating pinochet whos forces tortured people, threw them out of choppers, broke all bones in their body etc. yes, even swedish citizens were killed by his army. I know that's the kind of stuff U.S does whenever it sees a democratic process in latin america, because it could have a negative impact on their "free" trade. Even though I am fed up with this constant leftist whining, it still doesn't make it less true. but then again, bigotry, hypocrisy, ignorance, brutality. They love it.

Oh fuck, maybe I interrupted something here. Like I caaaare.

What should we do? Bush already started this war, it doesnt matter who we elect now. This isnt the 18th century where we can rise up violently and take over, the hunting rifles and shotguns we have dont do much against tanks and jets.

I dont think Im worried to much about our nukes, Im worried about Russia's nukes that seem to disappear. Not to mention that soldiers are selling equipment and such to feed their families, but let's not look at that. Instead let's look at how much the US has fucked up :rolleyes:

Nick

the fuck-ups of the U.S is a reality, but it's not like it's the peoples fault, it's those filthy politicians or whatever. but being bombarded with news about America every day, one tends to get angry and look to more objective sources. what the fuck is the average european citizen supposed to do with all this negative information? not form an opinion? just say "Ah, whatever"? It's frustrating because it's none of our business, and yet it is. :( And btw, from what I know, America was founded on liberal ideals which is pretty awesome, unlike the disgusting monarchy we have had over here. And it's not like you can blame us for feeling anger either, blame the media!! They're solely responsible for the image portrayed these days. I hate them too.

world, I hate you.

I dont blame anyone for forming an opinion, I think alot of you are hypocrites who's countries havent had the best track records in history. Let's not even start touching on the subject of WW1&2 or crusades,etc,etc. Im not making excuses for my leader's actions, but before you point the finger take a good long look in the mirror. Compaired to the US, Europe has fucked MANY more people over, thats just plain fact.

Sure the U.S has done horrible things (Trail of Tears, the Philippines,etc), but I can see that and admit to that as an American citizen and as a person. I dont take some high and mighty approach to everything like some people on the forum.

Nick

Yes, yes I will :headbang:

Very true, I am just mentioning it to illustrate that the people over there haven't been behaving like Jesus either. So before you tell me how much my country sucks, look in the mirror.

Nick

I'll vote for you too! :D

But my instincts tell me that is not enough; I feel we must rig the entire election. Nobody will ever know that no one voted for you, because once the swearing in is done with, we're sending them all off to camps :cool:

But you know some people always whine and are never satisfied, regardless of how great the holiday camps are, so we might need to put a wee bit of death in those camps, just a tiny bit, to preserve order. Just small accidents, such as the holiday home mysteriously collapsing over a certain person, or someone else accidentally stumbling and falling over a cricket field, up a rock and onto the electric barbed wire fence.

Will do :cool: And there'll be no landing on bullets!
However, the archery range, put up for pure innocent fun and the recreation of the campsters, might come in handy...

Villain said:
I believe the past four years of Bush administration strenghtened the Islamistic movements more than anything else in the past one thousand years.
Exactly! I'd say so too.

Sal: Like you, I much disagree with hyena. But your arrogant and hot-headed attitude is one of those things that are right up there with what's wrong with this world. (regarding your response(s) to her)

fireangel: It's very sad. All that reminds me of how unbalanced and unfair the world is. 1/4th of the total energy consumption in the entire world occurs in the U.S. There are rich people and powerful companies that are just getting richer and richer at the expense of the poor, while there are people who would benefit greatly with even just an infinitesimal fraction of that stagnant money* ..or even with just some guidance. There is, for example, significant oil fields in African ground. Millions of people who struggle to cook one meal a day by means of hard-obtained wood (which is becoming more scarce) would benefit from using the resources that lie in their own land ..but Oil companies refuse to even teach them how or help them start extraction operations because they wouldn't gain profit from it "what's in it for us!" is one of the most fucked up reasons/responses for anything, in my opinion.
The world would be a better place if there was less greed and more compassion. It seems that politics nowadays are intrinsically dominated by the former, and lack the latter ..no matter how much they may claim of 'humanitarian reasons' for things.

*money that sits still for the purpose of creating more money ..money that not even the persons who own it will ever use.

Wolfman Von Jones said:
All I know is I enjoy my life most of the time. The government has'nt really fucked me over in any direct way. So yes, I will live my life and be happy, whilst you sit there and be pissed :D.
I'm not in the least bit surprised about that. After all, most Germans had great time during the late 1930's - and no, not all of them were even true nazis. It is the rest of the world I'm worried about - those who get killed so that your lives could be better. I really am not expecting the well-fed, jovial majority of the American population to overthrow their imperialistic (for the lack of a better word) government - not yet, at least. Why would they ruin their lives for some obscure moral cause? If I knew a good answer, I'd tell it. Heck, I'm not doing anything, even though my benefits gained from the American overrule in the world are far less than yours (but certainly not non-existent).

And your point about the fucked-up history of European domination of the world is good - but it is history now, my mirror no longer shows that. To take a not-so-distant example, I criticised the politics of the Soviet Union back in the late 80's (even though I was just a child back then) and if it did exist today, I would criticise it just as much as I criticise the USA. After all, they were both about equally evil in my eyes.

The thing is, however, that in the world of today, the USA is in my eyes the biggest threat to freedom, peace and equality. China is in its shadow, but firmly behind. The others I won't even mention, as they are far out of America's league in terror, pain and despair caused on the people of the world. Some Saddam, Osama or other idiot poses no real threat to the world I live in (= the loose community of western democracies), while Bush & co have already caused horrible damage to it and to the ideals it has been laid on since the fall of the Communism - and I fear what they have done can't be repaired in my lifetime.

Just like the Evil European Imperialism had to fall, just like the Evil Nazi Third Reich had to fall, just like the Evil Communist Dictatorship had to fall - just like them, the current Evil American Tyranny must fall, so that our civilization can take the next small step towards a better world. I just hope that Bush will be the one to make the USA fall.

-Villain (yes, this has lots to do with my graduation-thesis; I'm working on it right now, can't you see - be gone, you foul conscience of mine...)

Wolfman Von Jones said:
I dont blame anyone for forming an opinion, I think alot of you are hypocrites who's countries havent had the best track records in history.
but maybe you're taking this in a personal way? i realise it's hard not to when most of the world expects you to talk crap about your own country*, and most ppl in this thread are also taking it personal, but still, implying that one needs to be perfect/have a clean record to earn the right to criticize or voice out their opinions, otherwise they're hypocrites, is a bit too much.

personally i don't see why everyone's so worked up. bush, kerry, they're both different sides of the same coin- though admitedly im so fucking sick of bush's face that kerry would have been a welcome change. it's not like the people in the US had much to choose from. and, being realistic, its not like most of us have a chance to make any difference with our whining and tearing our hairs out weeping over the fate of the world.

discussing is enjoyable, but one also needs to know when things are getting out of hand and practice some self control.

well, thanks for the responses and the discussion (and no thanks to salmy for the death threats, are you three years old?)

last night two friends of mine made a point that possibly made a lot of sense - in europe we assume that americans voted based on the same set of issues that we have in mind, first and foremost foreign policy (iraq). still, for americans the election was domestic, so possibly the issues at the front of the campaign were different: appartently a good chunk of US voters mentioned deciding based on moral values more than international policy (see nytimes.com and washingtonpost.com for some insight).

hyena said:
well, thanks for the responses and the discussion (and no thanks to salmy for the death threats, are you three years old?)

last night two friends of mine made a point that possibly made a lot of sense - in europe we assume that americans voted based on the same set of issues that we have in mind, first and foremost foreign policy (iraq). still, for americans the election was domestic, so possibly the issues at the front of the campaign were different: appartently a good chunk of US voters mentioned deciding based on moral values more than international policy (see nytimes.com and washingtonpost.com for some insight).

That wasn't a threat, but if I was as blind as you,
I would put a bullet in my head.

You are right about how they voted in america tho, the voting was based
a lot on religion, most of the Bush voted came from the more religious states
and mainly it was based on the gay issue.
And like Bill Maher in this weeks show made a good point, the country is in
the middle of a war, running with stuff like "who puts whos peepee in what
hole" is just totally moronic.

Not to mention that shouldn't be an issue in the first place, who the fuck
does it hurt if gays get married and get the same benefits as other married
people? Only the moronic (read christian) america would need a constitutional
change for this (or at least make it such a huge deal, like the world is going
to end).

Which reminds me of another excellent example of american intelligence,
I will quote this straight, almost word to word from an episode of "Real Time
With Bill Maher":

She is called Sandy Rios, president of CWFA (Concerned Women For America,
how fucking surprising) and she is supporting Bush' ban on gay-marriage cos,
and I definetly quote here:

SR: "This (gay-marriage) is breaking of the law, this is lawlessness and
regardles of how you feel of this issue, it should not be allowed."

"Bill Maher: Isn't this a flood you can't stop no matter how hard you try to
put your finger in the dyke (<- note the pun)?"

"SR: If homosexual marriage comes flooding in, we will all be losers, it's going
to undermine the future of civilizations. And If that sounds dramatic, we just
have to look backwards.

It's amazing to me that we think we are so smart, that we have discovered
something new, that no civilization has ever survived this kind of decadence,
but we're gonna do it. I'm amazed at that kind of arrogance.

We will not survive this, Bill, we will all be the losers, including our gay family
members and relatives (aren't those the same thing?). This (gay-marriage) is
not a winning proposition."

Then Bill asked her why Jesus didn't talk of gays (They were talking of
Passion Of The Christ earlier in the show) and if there was gays back then.
And she says "yes, there was gays back then, because that was a part of
what brought the roman empire down..."