the dynamite politics thread

Oh, you're a funny one, H.

I woke up to see what happened while I was asleep. And was instantly transported back in time 4 years. Only this time it's Ohio, not Florida...

Can't we just excise the middle 2/3 of the country? It'd raise the cum. IQ too, it seems.

"All signs point to Bush." Fuck.

~kov.

I don't care who wins really. But I don't like the conservative christians, no matter what country they're from. And I didn't even oppose the war on Iraq when it started, I saw some students demonstrating against it and I was like: "Err, so, you protest against removing Saddam Hussein from power and tyranny, when you yourself live in a peaceful social democracy? That's kind of obscene."
And it was. But seriously, nothing will change over here in Old Europe. I saw a very good documentary twice, about the connection between christian morality and politics in the U.S. It was hilarious! And horrible.. :p They apparantly view society as run by "saints", and the most important thing is to separate the good people from the evil people! Amen!

Long-National-Nightmare.jpg

BBC News said:
"Current projections give Mr Bush 254 Electoral College votes
and Senator Kerry 252. The winner needs at least 270."

My question is, why are the claiming Bush as the winner already?
Have I missed something here?

Well, woppi-fucking-doo-daa, another year of comments that make
no sense at all. If I wasn't already wearing black I would now.

I have to say this is a pretty fucked up system, in 2000 majority of
population was on Gores side, but thanks to this fucked up system
the stupid "points" decided it for Bush, now how is this fair?

And the morons are keeping the system to honor the past, what
bunch of shit.

i will not make fun of anyone

:p

Salamurhaaja said:

bunch of shit.
This is why I choose not to participate or care, even though a lot of people (would) give me shit for it (i.e. my indifference and refusal to vote).
Fuck 'em and fuck U.S. politics.

hyena said:

Phew. That's good.

Hope this is what you wanted.
Hope this is what you had in mind.
Cuz this is what you're getting. ( :yuk: )

MagSec4 said:
This is why I choose not to participate or care, even though a lot of people (would) give me shit for it (i.e. my indifference and refusal to vote).
Fuck 'em and fuck U.S. politics.
Exactly.

Wanna move to Canada with me? ;)

wildfyr said:
Exactly.

Wanna move to Canada with me? ;)
It takes at least a year and a half to several years have permanent residency in Canada. I went to the Canadian Consulate's office two weeks ago. I'm a step ahead of you. ;)

Salamurhaaja said:

bunch of shit.
The system may seem unfair overall, but it's advantageous for the so-called 'swing states.' With any luck Ohio and Florida will parlay this election into a 4 year long blowjob, although I wouldn't put it past this asshole to just fuck these states over anyway.

To change it would require either a Constitutional amendment (and thus 3/4 of the states' approval....ain't gonna happen) or each state to pass it's own legislation regarding the distribution of electoral votes as a proportion of the popular vote in the state. Again, unlikely because the state then loses importance and an opportunity to reap the spoils of the aftermath. I could go on, but I really don't think you care :) .

Say, Salmy and Villain, is it too late to join the "I Hate America" Club? :p
Or maybe more accurately, The "I Hate What America Has Become" Club....

-Humanure (out of lurker mode again cuz i need people to bitch to)

Humanure said:
To change it would require either a Constitutional amendment (and thus 3/4 of the states' approval....ain't gonna happen) or each state to pass it's own legislation regarding the distribution of electoral votes as a proportion of the popular vote in the state. Again, unlikely because the state then loses importance and an opportunity to reap the spoils of the aftermath. I could go on, but I really don't think you care :) .

Ah, so it's a question of political greed again?
What a fucking surprise.

Humanure said:
Say, Salmy and Villain, is it too late to join the "I Hate America" Club? :p
Or maybe more accurately, The "I Hate What America Has Become" Club....

-Humanure (out of lurker mode again cuz i need people to bitch to)

Never too late man, you might concider joining Mag and Wildfyr in moving
to Europe or Canada ;)

I dont know enough to give much of a contribution, But what I do know is Bush is a fucking fool. Get someone smart with morals to run the world not that retarded puppet. He'll probably get assasinated soon, oh wait, only good presidents are murdered "Doh". Has anyone seen the movie Bullworth? Get a president like him! Someone with culture... Or at least someone who would take his troops to war instead of just sending them off and going to play golf with the opponents leader.

Dont Americans have a "Green" party like we do in the UK? Im totally voting Green. Our problems are not the falls in economy, but the unstable earth we live on. I dont care if we have to live in fucking wigwams with no computers, no tvs, no radios or no electric ovens. I want my chilldren and grandchilldren to see the world.