The Fathomless Mastery Reviews - What do you think about it?

I'm disappointed. UTP has set the expectations high but TFM failed them. That's a pity :/

I can see what people mean by feeling the album is rushed, though IMHO i think its great album, nice and br00tal
Though still not as good as UTP

What pissed me off is everyone who got to listen to it before it came out, before we got green light to talk about it, said it was the most brutal shit ever, even a few friends of mine..

I'm still very disappointed, but still have hopes for it to grow on me.

Minion nr.1 out!

that´s what the feeling when i listen to the cd...totally rushed!!..it seems that they put some riffs here and there....and somethings does not fit at all.

Dont know how to say..mostly of songs are made by a bunch of simple riffs....it lacks of the bloodbath brilliance..

Maybe the departure of dan swano?

*** i´ve listened to cd about 10 times o more***

that´s what the feeling when i listen to the cd...totally rushed!!..it seems that they put some riffs here and there....and somethings does not fit at all.

Dont know how to say..mostly of songs are made by a bunch of simple riffs....it lacks of the bloodbath brilliance..

Maybe the departure of dan swano?

*** i´ve listened to cd about 10 times o more***

A bunch of simple riffs? please, show me yer songs... the ones filled with tons of killer and catchy riffs? I mean, if you say something like that it means that you should be able to compose yer own songs, right? and suposedly, very good songs...

I've seen quite a few new people here talking about random issues, like musical production, mixing and composition... aren't we lucky to have all those musical talents around here? it seems that this guys are so damn sure about what they talk that I feel lucky to have them here on the forums...

:Smug:

Afterall, the first bloodbath statement was brutality comes through simplicity... right?

i'm not bitching about production just because thats how bloodbath wanted it, the same with resurrection through carnage, it was different but they wanted it that way

i just think the new album is under-par, not bad, but defiantly under-par

OK..guys...maybe i was a bit "big mouth" at first listening.Right now i´m listening again and it has started to grow on me.

It sounds more old school and raw, not as catchy as previous releases...the second and third songs which at first listenings really bores me, now i like a lot..

Specially " process of illumination" i love it right now!!!..sounds like raw old swedish death bands....dismember comes to my mind!

i preorder the vinyl edition that will be release october 20.

This is by far album of the year for me. Death metal is supposed to be dark, grimmey, and full of carnage. The drumming and vocals are better than it has ever been in Bloodbath in my opinon. I love Resurrection Through Carange ,but those drum beats are a bit repitative in spots.

To me this album is a grower ,and it will take some time for it to sync in. It is a new direction for the band and I hope they keep evolving.