The Focusing Blur opinions

i like the samples i like visions and i like all of his works. it's a shame it's out and for the die hards we will get the album anyways. dl works for preview so i know i'm not pissing my money away on countless shit albums and i can name quite a few i wasted my money on in 2003. however, with dl comes all these fucking closet suedo metal heads that don't own one album and claim to support underground music. i have means to dl but i refuse to because i myself am a musician and i think a sample is just fine. like mr v said a full time job to keep food on the table. makes sense to me. i write and record for self gratification purposes only. being in college radio and promotions for so many years i have come to realize "if it's free it's for me" is the mentality of most people out there. but then again most of them don't play music. it does take a lot to get the songs from the heart and soul to pre production and production and the final product. not to mention all the time rehearsing the material. i decided a long time ago when i formed my band to just give up on the music business but not the music. i don't care if 10 or 1000000 people listen to it. as long as i like it and continue to do what i do. it's ok to have a full time job and still enjoy your music. for the rest of the retards out there. fuck em. when this next wave of metal is coming back bullshit ends i am still writing music and supporting what i always supported. \m/

tit

oh yeah the preview on the vintersorg site and on napalm is good enough for me. be getting it the day it comes out. i like this style of music that takes more than one listen to understand the complex structure and all the changes that goes with it. good work mr v
\m/

Favoritesongs so far are; The Thesise's Season (awesome chorus), A Microscopical Macrocosm (schlagermetal:D ) & Curtains (Arcturus anyone???)

Draugen said:
Favoritesongs so far are; The Thesise's Season (awesome chorus), A Microscopical Macrocosm (schlagermetal:D ) & Curtains (Arcturus anyone???)
the whole album is one favourite song, hehe......but "schlagermetal"? that is almost rude!! :eek:

stop makin me jealous! I´m like this waiting...

fattyfatfatfat.gif

It is as I always say... I almost always DL one track before I listen to a band.. DL is a terrible concept if misused, but if used well andn ot expolited it can be better for a no name band or even big bands, because more people can hear their music and have access to at least a sample of it... streaming is a beautiful thing

Well, I have just listened to a couple of songs and the only thing I can say is that it's something very different. even though I have not listen to the whole album I can tell that it will probably take me some time to get used to it, mmm... I guess a bit of change is good every once in a while?

Äntligen fick jag höra på promoskivan, och verkligen magnifik är den! Denna måste man genast ha när officiellt kommit ut för att få lyriken med! :hotjump:

(Jag kommer även att göra en anmälan om skivan, men endast på finska..)

Frostheim said:
Äntligen fick jag höra på promoskivan, och verkligen magnifik är den! Denna måste man genast ha när officiellt kommit ut för att få lyriken med! :hotjump:

(Jag kommer även att göra en anmälan om skivan, men endast på finska..)

Om du vill att skriva på finska, så nån skall fatta inte dig... :ill:

:D

TB666 said:
:lol:
Good point, the song can actually pass as a schlager song.
I know. I have a friend who used to listen to Vintersorg (he couldn´t stand the whole thing when he began to use English) and I played "A Microscopical Macrocosm" for him and he immediatly used the word "schlagermetal", which in a way, "A Star-Guarded Coronation" and "The Enigmatic Spirit" is as well...