The Fourth Kind

Ockham's razor suggests otherwise.

You're using the same argument that religious nutbars use for the existence of a god. "You can't prove he's not there!" is akin to "They might have the technology!"

Evidence. Please present the evidence. How about some DNA? Or some spectrographic analysis of a wormhole? (The only way interstellar travel can be practical, according to Einstein.) Photos and videos can be faked quite easily. Especially by those who have a vested interest in embellishing their argument.

The only legitimate evidence of a UFO was published in aviation weekly. This is a legitimate, trustworthy source. Unfortunately,the evidence is obviously of terrestrial origin.
donuts-on-a-rope.jpg

Normal jets don't leave contrails like this. This was most likely left by a pulse-jet. I'm sure we'll find out in a few decades.

Glenn, dude. I think you're taking my comments a bit too seriously. But, you dont' know me very well, and probably wouldn't be able to descern whether I was kidding around or not. SO, for the record, the comment that "they might" was purely to bust chops dude. :lol:

Fair enough? :)

The only legitimate evidence of a UFO was published in aviation weekly. This is a legitimate, trustworthy source. Unfortunately,the evidence is obviously of terrestrial origin.
donuts-on-a-rope.jpg

Normal jets don't leave contrails like this. This was most likely left by a pulse-jet. I'm sure we'll find out in a few decades.

That`s a Chemtrail.

Hey Will, I think you need to hunt down and kick the shit out of the kid that told you Santa didn’t exist when you were just a wee lad. :lol:

Anyone who thinks that interstellar travel is impossible because of what humans have figured out so far with science is essentially saying that the Earth is flat. It's pure human egotism at work. Also, science has actually figured out that a lot of things previously thought impossible are possible if you are able to manipulate gravity - including "jumping" across large distances of space/time.

The Fourth Kind looks cool.

Anyone who thinks that interstellar travel is impossible because of what humans have figured out so far with science is essentially saying that the Earth is flat. It's pure human egotism at work. Also, science has actually figured out that a lot of things previously thought impossible are possible if you are able to manipulate gravity - including "jumping" across large distances of space/time.

The Fourth Kind looks cool.

Exactly.

Ockham's razor suggests otherwise.

You're using the same argument that religious nutbars use for the existence of a god. "You can't prove he's not there!" is akin to "They might have the technology!"

Evidence. Please present the evidence. How about some DNA? Or some spectrographic analysis of a wormhole? (The only way interstellar travel can be practical, according to Einstein.) Photos and videos can be faked quite easily. Especially by those who have a vested interest in embellishing their argument.

donuts-on-a-rope.jpg

I must suggest Kip Thorne's "Black Holes and Time Warps." I'm not quite sure if you're suggesting that other life forms don't exist or whether you're saying that they haven't visited earth. If its the latter, I can't argue with you - there is next to no concrete evidence to support it.

However, to say that since we have seen no evidence of other life forms means that none exist in the universe is like looking at a grain of sand on Earth and determining that there is no life on Earth.

But seriously, read that Kip Thorne book - tis awesome.

can we get back to worshipping the x-files now? :(

sneap forum scully appreciation group plz?

ok maybe not then D:

you just ruined the remaining 7 series and 2 movies of the x-files for me dude

The Drake Equation.
http://www.classbrain.com/artmovies/publish/article_50.shtml

It is probable that extraterrestrial life exists. However for them to travel here is unlikely.

Something to think on, if humans have the technology to take a hair follicle or swab of the mouth to extract DNA but cant travel out of our solar system, then why would a superior intelligent race that has traveled here by means of interstellar or interdenominational travel be incapable of doing the same, or better? They used to be Incubus and Succubus, now they are Extraterrestrial? Or a simpler answer, our brains are misinterpreting natural a phenomenon.

Yiddish proverb: There was a time when angels walked the Earth. Now they cannot even be found in Heaven.

Movie looks interesting anyway.

Not saying "impossible." Just impractical.

However, I'll be the first to buy the champagne if SETI actually finds something.

Regarding 'Fire In The Sky', I just watched it last night after having heard alot about for so long. Not to mention it is apparently Peter Tägtgrens favorite movie, so I though it would be cool to check out.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

The only scene that was worth while was the scene on the space ship, that was really fucking cool and really scary. But the rest of the movie was just a giant build up to it, and then in the end nothing fucking happened. While I will agree that it was a good movie, I guess I was just dissapointed in the lack of any sort of "ending" and that the actual abduction/aliens were such a small part of the movie.

END SPOILERS

On that note I'm in the mood for some more alien movies, so recommend away. I'm gonna watch Alien 3 right now, cause it rules so fucking much, and maybe give the first one a go too but I need more suggestions. Anything with aliens in it will do, but think more creepy and subtle, than EXPLOSIONS and giant motherships. (but those kick ass anyway)