The Gaming Thread

Game nostalgia thread? The most excited I've ever been gaming was the first time I played Halo 2. I suppose I was dribbling pee the first time I put Halo 3 in too.

One of those two.

love your new quote jason :lol:

damn i didnt get first post on this page

most excited ive ever been was probably playign through metal gear solid the first time, or MGS4, or 3.....2 not so much.
although there were some snes games that made me shit the bed too, anyone remember getting to the end of wolfenstein 3D? you fight HITLER in a MECH which is covered in 4! machine guns.

imagine being 6 years old and seeing this
hitler-wolfenstein-3d.jpg

and after an arduous battle you still have to deal with this
hitler2.jpg

im not ashamed :lol:, hitler was fucking evil and the nazis were the scariest/coolest bad guys ever :lol:. inb4racist

The first time I saw Hitler in Wolf3D I pretty much lost my shit with excitement. That was a hard fucking game man, at least it seemed like it back then. Same goes for the first time I beat Doom, I literally jumped out of my chair and went screaming into the living room "I JUST BEAT DOOOOM!". My dad was like "fuck yeah son!" my mom rolled her eyes... lol.

Another reason I love old games, when you actually beat it, man you were fucking proud because most games back then were designed specifically to prevent you from beating them. Now almost every game makes sure you CAN beat it, I guess so thr developers can show everyone their hard work in its entirety.

Sonic 2 was another memorable victory for me, I woke up and played it before school, not at all expecting to beat it or get far I was just killing time, suddenly I'm at the last boss about to win and my pulse was pounding.

Good times!

That simple? It was fucking BAD ASS.
Yeah Mechwarrior was pretty bad ass back then. I re-installed it on dosbox recently and holy fuck dude... It's AWFUL now :lol:. Old 3d games did not age well unliek their 2d counter-parts

:lol: i know exactly what you were talking about because i feel the same

@belac, feel the same way man, DOOM and wolf 3d were fucking hard, even on low difficulties (my dad always played a seperate file on ultra violence). i think i remember reading it was so people would spend more money in arcades trying to finish a near impossible game. when you owned the system it didnt make much sense
shame though, bought warhammer 40k space marine over the weekend, so far it is great but even playing on hard it is easy

I just realized that I'm derailing the gaming thread more than anyone else. What is wrong with me? I blame the fact that I typically am posting from work these days.

:lol: na its partly me too. this is the thread i post the most in so other things from my life tend to get mixed in. and in fact if you add up my, yours and miasmas posts, we comprise (this post included) 1147/2032 posts, which is 56.4%.

the more you know!

and by continuing to post you are making my data less and less accurate. :lol:

but yeah....games.......might buy the darkness 2, the first was awesome and the demo for 2 was even better, as long as the single player is a decent length im sold

Jocke plays on one of those non competitive Euro servers, what a lammmeeee faceeeeeee.

lol fakk off <3 i play on a pvp server niggah!

You're not alone, I also suffer from "don't give a shit" syndrome. I've never beaten Half-life 2 and I have not even played the episodes. It's not to say I disliked the game, I just wasn't all that into it. But even I know I'm a dumbass for that, it's clearly a great game.

you really should play it, half life 2 + episodes 1&2 is easily as good as the first game imo, great feeling

Miasma just makes derogatory statements about Bounty Hunters because he has been fawning over mine ever since he saw her in action.

showing off your... rockets?

haha my trooper is also on exile's crystal, what's your name so i can look out for you? here's a pic so you know how your murderer looks like, imp scum :)

oh noes pervert asian guy is gonna kill me :( my bounty hunter's name is Ley'drin

DEATH TO THE REBELS. LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE.

<3

shame though, bought warhammer 40k space marine over the weekend, so far it is great but even playing on hard it is easy

space marine single player was fucking boring, i never finished it, started up multiplayer after 2 hours or something and it's a lot more fun even though it really need polishing