The Gaming Thread

I'll buy the Darkness 2. I liked the first one (I don't think it was worth 60, but meh).

hmmmmmmmmm im still debating it, not sure i have the money but i do really want it. the first one was awesome, darkness powers were a little boring. in this one the darkness powers are so sick, and ive always liked the gunplay

run up to someone and pull the trigger and you grabbed him, stuck the gun in his mouth, and blew his face off. that may make me a pyscho but thats facking awesome!

l
space marine single player was fucking boring, i never finished it, started up multiplayer after 2 hours or something and it's a lot more fun even though it really need polishing

haha yeah so far its meh, but i do so enjoy killing orcs. i mean it is in no way original, but i suppose i am only just recently getting into warhammer 40k

You know what pisses me off? The Skyrim Creation Kit is finally out after months of me dying to get my hands on it, and I'm bored of Skyrim. I literally jsut stopped playing about a week ago and now it fucking comes out when I don't have the desire to spend hours and hours testing my mods. At least with Morrowind and Oblivion I was modding at the same time I was starting my first character getting a feel for both at the same time.

In case no one here picked up on it I'm huge into modding games, I released/participated in several mods over the years starting with Doom (my first love:)). I should have held off playing Skyrim religiously until I could do everything but i couldn't wait and now I'm all Skyrim'ed out.:(

you really should play it, half life 2 + episodes 1&2 is easily as good as the first game imo, great feeling

I have played HL2 I got right up to the tower but I started losing interest despite the gravity gun being available. I enjoyed it while I played and the pacing was great, I loved the prison part especially, but by the time I was at the end of the game I felt I'd seen enough and wasn't really driven to finish.

HL1 I've beaten many times, it's awesome.

I'm thinking it's time for a SNES/PSX RPG marathon. I keep getting Magus theme from Chrono Trigger stuck in my head, Chrono Trigger leads Xenogears, which leads to Final Fantasy, which leads to hate, which leads to suffering... Wait what was I talking about? Oh yeah! So Yoda should have bitch slapped Anakin.

Where am I?

:lol: belac, you crack me up

but yeah i agree, i dont mod at all but them waiting months to release the creation kit is some bullshit. i already beat the game, sorry skyrim, ill see you in a year when the expansion comes out and i have the desire to spend another 50 hours beating you again.

i have never beat chrono trigger, even got it for my DS, and i have magus in my party, figure its probably about time to go challange lavos, but i bought other games and never came back to it.
xenogears is another, im about half done right now :lol:, i make myself sick :p

my friends and i are gonna start having regular n64 tournaments again. let me tell you, getting drunk/stoned and playing super smash bros and perfect dark and mario tennis/party is insanity as an adult. i have a friend in perfect dark who always chooses either throwing knives or the tranquilizer, what a pissoff it is when you cant see straight

i love going back to old games, i have to make another run through illusion of gaia (most underrated game for snes) and a link to the past, havent beat either in like half a decade and i think its time to play through for the 10th time :lol:

also been craving another playthrough of shin megami tensei nocture, persona 3 and 4, i keep trying and losing interest but those are hands down my favorite games from the ps2 generation (oh and RE4, suck it), still gotta finish digital devil saga too

I'm thinking it's time for a SNES/PSX RPG marathon. I keep getting Magus theme from Chrono Trigger stuck in my head, Chrono Trigger leads Xenogears, which leads to Final Fantasy, which leads to hate, which leads to suffering... Wait what was I talking about? Oh yeah! So Yoda should have bitch slapped Anakin.

Where am I?

FUCKING CHRONOTRIGGER.

My friend and I split the cost to buy a used copy at a used game store...$80.

Chrono Trigger is amazing, the first time I played it I extended my rental for a week just to play it and then do it again in new game + which I thought was awesome.

:lol: i used to rent games with my dad all the time, now i just buy on steam. same thing really, just gotta wait until its like 10$ :p

i wish steam would let you trade back games, even if it was only like 10% of what you paid for it ive got so many games ill never play on here

:lol: i used to rent games with my dad all the time, now i just buy on steam. same thing really, just gotta wait until its like 10$ :p

i wish steam would let you trade back games, even if it was only like 10% of what you paid for it ive got so many games ill never play on here

Of course the problem with this is the files are downloaded onto your computer and everyone pretty much owns copies of the same files for the game. It is impossible for them to have a return option that wouldn't cost them tons of money and wouldn't be hindering all users with some sort of DRM.

Saw a Darkness II ad on tv...sprang a small boner...thought immediately of you Niki :p

:lol: yeah i get that a lot

Of course the problem with this is the files are downloaded onto your computer and everyone pretty much owns copies of the same files for the game. It is impossible for them to have a return option that wouldn't cost them tons of money and wouldn't be hindering all users with some sort of DRM.

haha well ill still hold out hope

apperently the darkness 2 takes about 5 hours to beat. now i assume all reviews are playing on easy/normal (as i can often get twice the time they do on hard), but i also hear it is really linear

might get kingdoms of amalur :lol:

Saw a Darkness II ad on tv...sprang a small boner...thought immediately of you Niki :p

When you get a boner you think of Niki? Or do small boner's remind you of him?

might get kingdoms of amalur :lol:

Probably the better investment, open world games are always going to be worth more in the price/game length ratio. Darkness 2 is more of a visceral satisfaction kind of game, not a deep and long experience.

Then I'll wait until the Darkness II is down to $10...Kingdoms of Amalur looks interesting enough, though I haven't seen a lot of coverage on it.

I'm buying Soul Calibur 5 on Saturday, getting piss drunk, and running through challenge mode with some friends :lol: this is my equivalent of a college party.