The Gaming Thread

Yeah that's true but I use a huge amount of ram, I'm a power user. I tend to record music, do graphical stuff, modding games + gaming itself. I wanted lots of RAM, although yeah I guess it's overkill. :lol:. Anyway I got a good deal on the RAM so it was relatively cheap, the second video card is the cash killer.

Hehe pretty sure none of those things would get close to killing your supply there XD, unless you NEVER turned your computer off that is.

i actually plan on upgrading everything in this computer over the next few years, and then once i finally find its just old now, ill build an entire pc from what ive learned.

been reading up on it, seems easy but difficult at the same time. shouldnt be too hard but if i just dived right into it id make a piece of shit

It's easy as long as you don't make snap decisions on parts before researching. Compatibility is important, I've known a few people that bought something on sight because it had a good price and turned out it was the wrong CPU Socket or something

Ok so I dont know if its my save files of if its the game. Here is my problems I had go down last week.

SPOILERS

So I was doing the Dark Brother quest I killed the guy that was from the Penitus Oculatus I stole his armor and went inside Breezehome to put it in my chest. Now my wife has went into battle mode meaning every time I get near her she goes into conversation with me and she wont quit its very annoying.

Then when I run from guards during these Dark Brotherhood quest I ask to go to jail so I can get the heat off me the game stays stuck on the loading screens. Now I had to revert to my standard saves. Still the game is bugging out on me.

I love this game I really do but if this keeps on I swear I am selling it.

Any advice?

All I want do is enter a buliding and not have dialogue pop up as if I wanted to talk to the person.

I cant even move around without someone being in battle mode, its like they think they are guards and pop up text just like a guard. Trouble is its doing it again, and I have not even commited any crimes. I have zero bounty in all holds.

And yes the update is out but my problem is still here.

I am on console for dooms sake. This should not be happening. Even the woman heading into Whiterun with her dog to see the tree, she floating like shes in water and the dog is just hovering. There is also times where I don't even get the Dragon Souls.

I guess this is what I get for using a lowly Breton.

Lydia is also getting up and down out of a chair and wont move. Even if I ask her to come with me.

i actually plan on upgrading everything in this computer over the next few years, and then once i finally find its just old now, ill build an entire pc from what ive learned.

been reading up on it, seems easy but difficult at the same time. shouldnt be too hard but if i just dived right into it id make a piece of shit

Yeah, I'm going to be building a desktop in the next few years here...and I'm certainly no expert :lol: We'll see what happens.

Well I jsut experienced my first game breaking glitch in Skyrim with my new character... The main quest will not continue after Barrow Falls quest. To start the quest where you see your first dragon (Dragon Rising) a scout has to come and speak to the Jarl of Whiterun. This scout is missing for some reason, no matter how many console commands I try I can't get him to show up to start the Dragon Rising quest.

This is pretty fucking annoying considering I'm trying out mods and shit with this character.

:lol: i just found out mass effect 3 is out tomorrow.

hopefully they brought back the many weapons/armor/skills of the first one. i havent played them in a while but i remember being like "this is it?" when customising my charecter in ME2 :(. the skills seemed more streamlined but the rest of it just seemed like they took all the heart out of it.

pretty awesome games though :D, loved em both despite my minor complaints

:lol: i just found out mass effect 3 is out tomorrow.

hopefully they brought back the many weapons/armor/skills of the first one. i havent played them in a while but i remember being like "this is it?" when customising my charecter in ME2 :(. the skills seemed more streamlined but the rest of it just seemed like they took all the heart out of it.

pretty awesome games though :D, loved em both despite my minor complaints

Ummm. Where did you get that information from? lol. March 6th is the release date.

I also wish they'd bring back weapon/armor choices but I highly doubt they'll do that, ME2 was way more streamlined and I think ME3 is going to be very similar to that. I'd like to see the return of weapon mods at the very least, only being able to mod weapons through skills sucks, I'd rather have those skill slots free up for something with bigger impact, and leave the Fire/Cryo/Shredder rounds to the mods.

yeah i like the mods on the guns and miss that too :(.

ok guess i got the info wrong, damn semi-gamer friends, cant trust em. i mostly just use steam to tell me when things come out anyway :p. i actually dont know anything about ME3 oddly...
no excuse though :p

i have games im dying to play (like i was with battlefield 3) and games ill pick up eventually but only look into as the date draws near. i honestly knew nothing about skyrim until the day it was released when i was like fuck it ill pick it up :lol:.