The Gaming Thread

Fuck it I'm being an idiot, I bought D3 when it was released and I barely touched it. I should be giving that a shot first, even if I don't like the auction house and the skill system.

Played some D3. I do have to admit the combat itself is very satisfying.

next patch doubles the rate at which legendaries drop

haha i found at the very least the story kept me interested, its not on the same level as D2 (i mean the perspective from which the story was told was enough to make it amazing) but still entertaining. it is at least worth your time haha.
the skill system is interesting, at max level you get magic find bonuses for killing elites, the bonus lasts a half hour, stacks up to 5, and resets back to a half hour every elite killed. the only thing is you cannot switch skills or it resets to 0. in this way, you are sort of forced to find a build thats good overall. gear wont always allow you to switch all your skills on the fly either, the whirlwind berserker relies on critical hits and life gained on hit to survive, despite having low damage they are amazing. but if you switched the same to play as a high damage skill user (who will hit less times per time) he would be worse than useless because he cant keep his skills on cooldown.
in that way you cant truely just switch or use any skill, you have to build a character to use the skills you want, and in that way there are actually becoming quite a few diverse builds, with lots of room to customise (especially over the patches)

the more ive played the more ive come to dislike the auction house, finding stuff on your own is still more satisfying. i looked at it as more of a trading system, like i found a set item with dexterity, but i need strength so i trade it for another item. the AH is so flooded right now that really anything can be bought quite cheap. only exception is the incredible set items (some are amazing now :lol:)

its also way easier than ever, i started hardcore with nothing and made it most of the way through act 2 inferno before fighting an enemy that was just too much. even only being in there a day i managed to make a bunch of gold, enough that ive tracked down half a characters worth of max level gear for when i get back to that point.

already made a new hardcore character, Niki II. love it XD me and you caleb, always with the novels :lol: (add me Isolation#1274)

:lol: co-op does make it a lot less boring, i actually met a guy through battlefield 3. one of the top in the world, great player, cool guy. added him in diablo and we grind together all the time. turns out we live a 4 hour drive away from each other. what are the odds :lol:?

:lol: how did i not think of that

also ive got like 70m gold in game, so i can easily pass out some gold for people to try out low level legendaries, upgrade their blacksmith/jeweler etc :p

^it was more fun when you, me and stefan played together in stockholm :D
YES! I never play with more people :( that day.. I die a LOT :rofl:

:lol: co-op does make it a lot less boring, i actually met a guy through battlefield 3. one of the top in the world, great player, cool guy. added him in diablo and we grind together all the time. turns out we live a 4 hour drive away from each other. what are the odds :lol:?
sounds great
:lol: how did i not think of that

also ive got like 70m gold in game, so i can easily pass out some gold for people to try out low level legendaries, upgrade their blacksmith/jeweler etc :p
what? hey tell me how do you get that! haha i have 700.000 and its the first time I have "a lot " ofgold :rofl:

played like 400 hours :lol:

legacy natalyas set (only dropped before patch 1.0.4), farmed act 3 inferno for a good month XD. found tons of rares and kept some of the good ones and traded off the rest for gold or upgrades.

havent played that character in a while though, got hooked on hardcore.

played like 400 hours :lol:
legacy natalyas set (only dropped before patch 1.0.4), farmed act 3 inferno for a good month XD. found tons of rares and kept some of the good ones and traded off the rest for gold or upgrades.
havent played that character in a while though, got hooked on hardcore.
oic, I play only 93 hours, most of the time just to lvl up :)
"legacy natalyas" ??
haha, yes :D miss jew! when are you coming back to visit?
Miss jew too \o/ We don´t know!, Nicky have to do documents so I can go more than 3 months. I think will be like 8 months or 1 year more without travel? I have a good work now and I want to pay my university (here is very expensive) before go to visit again :)
(totally not hitting on nicky's gf btw <3)
(we never think that :rofl:, friends here are like you, like "warm people" <3)

Miss jew too o/ We don´t know!, Nicky have to do documents so I can go more than 3 months. I think will be like 8 months or 1 year more without travel? I have a good work now and I want to pay my university (here is very expensive) before go to visit again :)

oh, that would be great! :) how long will that take?

:D <3

oic, I play only 93 hours, most of the time just to lvl up :)
"legacy natalyas" ??

Miss jew too o/ We don´t know!, Nicky have to do documents so I can go more than 3 months. I think will be like 8 months or 1 year more without travel? I have a good work now and I want to pay my university (here is very expensive) before go to visit again :)

they changed almost all legendaries in the game in patch 1.0.4 last month. most are way better but some are different or worse. natalyas set is the case where the new one is worse. it now has "+20 discipline" as the set bonus for demon hunters, the old or "legacy" natalyas set has 2 discipline gained per second instead. so i can use skills 3 times faster than a normal demon hunter. its made my guy pretty invincible (or as close as one can get) and i can keep up using vault to move insanely quick. so i can move fast, take a ton of damage even in act 4 inferno, and dish out 160000 damage. if you go into the auction house and look up "natalyas mark", the worst one you can find costs about 90 million gold XD.

heres a link to my profile and characters Isolations Demon Hunter

already made a new hardcore character, Niki II. love it XD me and you caleb, always with the novels :lol: (add me Isolation#1274)

There is nothing wrong with big posts. I feel that if I have some insight or knowledge that I can share with cool people then I should take the time to write it out. If I just say "Lawl i gotz like 50 emulators so i can hack into super nintendo jew guys like games too?!" then what is the point of posting at all? Takeing 10 minutes to type something out that you enjoy that may also give your friends some fun or save them hours of research (or they give up and miss out altogether) is totally worth it. Thats why I usually take the time to both write amd read thosr kinds of posts :)