The Gaming Thread

Why is it a hard game? Can I change the difficulty? :confused:

you cant change the difficulty, and it is just in general unforgiving. as you kill monsters you get "souls" better monsters give more souls. you spend souls on levelups and gear upgrades. if you die (and you will), you lose all the unspent souls you had. you can get them back if you can manage to get back to where you died and recover your corpse. if you die you must play in ghost mode (or something) and you fight at half health until you kill a boss or find an item to resurrect yourself. there is no indication on where you should go and there is generally at least 2 ways you can proceed. near the middle i believe there are two routes, both which lead to the end boss but both are not required (although i need more souls so i went through again).
the combat is also thrilling, you feel very human. you cannot just button mash and hope to win, you have to get good at blocking, dodging and parrying attacks. if you wear heavy armor you cannot dodge quick (in fact its horrible to watch its so slow :lol:) but with light armor you sail around enemies with ease. of course with heavy armor you can take several hits from anything, in a leather suit most shit will obliterate you.

i cant say i know who you are, but if you rememeber how hard NES games were, this is that hard. that is just why it is difficult, but it is also an excellent game, frusterating at times, but rewards skill.

get weed but dont play this :lol:, you'll never get anywhere. dishonored is a blast tho ;)

you cant change the difficulty, and it is just in general unforgiving. as you kill monsters you get "souls" better monsters give more souls. you spend souls on levelups and gear upgrades. if you die (and you will), you lose all the unspent souls you had. you can get them back if you can manage to get back to where you died and recover your corpse. if you die you must play in ghost mode (or something) and you fight at half health until you kill a boss or find an item to resurrect yourself. there is no indication on where you should go and there is generally at least 2 ways you can proceed. near the middle i believe there are two routes, both which lead to the end boss but both are not required (although i need more souls so i went through again).
the combat is also thrilling, you feel very human. you cannot just button mash and hope to win, you have to get good at blocking, dodging and parrying attacks. if you wear heavy armor you cannot dodge quick (in fact its horrible to watch its so slow :lol:) but with light armor you sail around enemies with ease. of course with heavy armor you can take several hits from anything, in a leather suit most shit will obliterate you.

i cant say i know who you are, but if you rememeber how hard NES games were, this is that hard. that is just why it is difficult, but it is also an excellent game, frusterating at times, but rewards skill.

get weed but dont play this :lol:, you'll never get anywhere. dishonored is a blast tho ;)

Yea you just made me feel kinda meh about dark souls lol, any more games I should look into?

try demons souls first, its like 20$ now, has no online (servers down) but is still a pretty epic rpg, and if you hate it it wouldnt be as much a waste as dark would be.

dunno, off the top of my head good games as of late are deus ex, EYE divine cybramancy is under-rated for sure, metro 2033, i am alive is ok (not far into it), dead island, dead spaces. i might have a virtual violence problem

try demons souls first, its like 20$ now, has no online (servers down) but is still a pretty epic rpg, and if you hate it it wouldnt be as much a waste as dark would be.

dunno, off the top of my head good games as of late are deus ex, EYE divine cybramancy is under-rated for sure, metro 2033, i am alive is ok (not far into it), dead island, dead spaces. i might have a virtual violence problem
Is dragonage any good?

Dragon age 1 is a very fun game if you like a big Rpg with a good player driven story and cool interaction between you and your party. Dragon age 2 however was not well recieved by most players. Id stick with the first one. Mass effect series is also great in the story department. Borderlands 2 is awesome and great fun to play coop with friends. Its more in the non-serious fun category if you like shooters. Worms revolution is another hilariously fun game that is as fun to get your ass kicked as it is to win.

Dragon age 1 is a very fun game if you like a big Rpg with a good player driven story and cool interaction between you and your party. Dragon age 2 however was not well recieved by most players. Id stick with the first one. Mass effect series is also great in the story department. Borderlands 2 is awesome and great fun to play coop with friends. Its more in the non-serious fun category if you like shooters. Worms revolution is another hilariously fun game that is as fun to get your ass kicked as it is to win.
Honestly after playing COD and "shooter" games for the past 5 years i'm starting to like TES type games more, and after watching the whole Lord of the rings trilogy for the first time since they came out when I was little (before watching I had no memory of anything in the movies) I just want to fuck up peoples heads with sword haha.

I made 50$, how much are oblivion, morrowind and dragon age 1 used?

And how do the graphic mods for morrowind work exactly? I found this video were the games looks pretty decent and I have no idea how mods are installed or used.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N-3zCPVZW0&list=FLsgXnhfeo-ZtbVFWudPmc0g&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

And btw, this is going to the best game in history.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSSwuKsPKI&list=FLsgXnhfeo-ZtbVFWudPmc0g&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

I came...