The Gaming Thread

i think the new morrowind overhaul uses the skyrim engine so you would need that game to play it (pc version) and i guess wait for the mod to come out.

morrowind i dunno where you would find that, but oblivion and dragon age are cheap everywhere used now.

i think the new morrowind overhaul uses the skyrim engine so you would need that game to play it (pc version) and i guess wait for the mod to come out.

morrowind i dunno where you would find that, but oblivion and dragon age are cheap everywhere used now.

That doesn't make sense, you can't play two games at the same time :confused: and skyrim being on my computer wouldn't change anything if I downloaded the overhaul it should have that engine already.

Honestly I have very little faith in Elder Scrolls Online. I think the concept of an online Elder Scrolls has always been enticing but I don't think that it works in an MMO setting. What I think most people really want is more of a server model, where you can play a in world that functions like Oblivion or Skyrim with a few friends (or random people) at a time. The way I see it, the essence of Elder Scrolls atmosphere and personal feel would be lost in an MMO environment.

Of course the Elder Scrolls vast and established mythos is a perfect groundwork for a great MMO, I just think it won't feel like an Elder Scrolls game.

The Overhaul actually just a series of complex mods used on Morrowind itself. Oblivion has a few similar overhauls that enhance the texture sizes and rendering. There is a Morrowind Rebuilt project I think on the Oblivion engine but I don't know if it ever continued. Too lazy to look. lol

Now you need Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas along with Skyrim. All good games.

Ha I've owned at least 5 fallout 3's and have beat fallout 3 and new vegas multiple times (including the addons for both, and did each side in new vegas, and collected every armor/weapon in the game on both. I've owned both since they came out.

The Overhaul actually just a series of complex mods used on Morrowind itself. Oblivion has a few similar overhauls that enhance the texture sizes and rendering. There is a Morrowind Rebuilt project I think on the Oblivion engine but I don't know if it ever continued. Too lazy to look. lol

Besides graphics/gameplay etc, how is morrowind different than other TES games? Some people still say its the best one ever even after skyrim! I would of bought it if it was at gamestop but they didn't have it (I even got a funny face when I asked) I guess I got to get it online...

Besides graphics/gameplay etc, how is morrowind different than other TES games? Some people still say its the best one ever even after skyrim! I would of bought it if it was at gamestop but they didn't have it (I even got a funny face when I asked) I guess I got to get it online...

Morrowind is my personal favorite of the series as well but I do admit it might feel outdated compared to Oblivion and Skyrim. It's a lot more complex and in depth, more like a traditional old school RPG. Part of it is the lack of voice acting, which means there are walls of text with loads of information to read rather than quick conversations that are there just to get the point across. Some people might think that sucks but I like that, it made the world feel bigger.

It is a lot more heavy in the numbers department as well, it has a lot of extra skills and stats to upgrade and a lot more player choice, as well as a much better menu system that let you see all your information on one screen including inventory and world map etc. One thing I disliked about Oblivion when it came out was that it felt very dumbed down in almost every way compared to Morrowind. Oblivion's actual gameplay was more refined so combat did not feel so clumsy, while they cut out a lot of the RPG elements as well as the more complex menus.

Morrowind had a bit of an early game issue when it came to combat, it used calculations to determine a hit or a miss so in the beginning levels it was hard to make contact on an enemy even if you were looking right at it which was fine at the time, but with Skyrim out it can feel unrealistic to miss when you are clearly looking right at the enemy.

The game world itself is the best in TES as far as I'm concerned, it has huge variety compared to Oblivion or Skyrim. The game takes place on a big island but within that island are a ton of very different scenery types. On one map you have fishing towns, harbor cities, giant cities inside pyramids, villages in the swamp, vast plains with old fortresses, bigass deserts with sandstorms so violent you can barely see, a giant volcano with barren ash around it (where the nastiest creatures live), there are even cities in the fucking trees.

The variation was awesome and when Oblivion came out it was just a big green field populated with very similar towns. It felt pretty bland in comparison.

However coming from nostalgia, and playing the game when it was considered a technical achievement makes my perspective more forgiving with the flaws.

Ramble ramble ramble

now i really want to try this update, i played morrowind but never owned it, so i never got far (and for a long time i was level 1 as i didnt know you had to sleep to get levels >_>)

i always figured later on it would be like oblivion but even worse looking, and im the guy that really never liked oblivion so it was a hard sell. with better combat im sure i would love it. i love having a ton of options for characters, even if some of them suck :lol:. i used fireballs in skyrim most of the game despite them sucking hard (in fact, all elder scrolls magic sucks, it should get more powerful as you level up, not cheaper. id rather throw 2 fireballs that deal 500 damage than 200 fireballs that deal 5 damage, let me be responsible for my mana ffs).

also want to see daggerfall, just cause the map itself is the biggest in any game ever. i believe its literally the size of the state of georgia

now i really want to try this update, i played morrowind but never owned it, so i never got far (and for a long time i was level 1 as i didnt know you had to sleep to get levels >_>)

i always figured later on it would be like oblivion but even worse looking, and im the guy that really never liked oblivion so it was a hard sell. with better combat im sure i would love it. i love having a ton of options for characters, even if some of them suck :lol:. i used fireballs in skyrim most of the game despite them sucking hard (in fact, all elder scrolls magic sucks, it should get more powerful as you level up, not cheaper. id rather throw 2 fireballs that deal 500 damage than 200 fireballs that deal 5 damage, let me be responsible for my mana ffs).

also want to see daggerfall, just cause the map itself is the biggest in any game ever. i believe its literally the size of the state of georgia
Lightning storm in skyrim is fucking brutal... I don't understand what you mean by "cheaper" Incinerate is most definitely better than fireball..

Lightning storm in skyrim is fucking brutal... I don't understand what you mean by "cheaper" Incinerate is most definitely better than fireball..

might depend what level you are, at level 41 and after using destruction the entire game my spells were all pretty worthless :lol:. none did any damage. maybe i didnt find any end game spells or something (havent played this since i beat it last december).

i ended up modding the game to change all the spells, so now im even less sure about how it used to work. but i suppose it doesnt matter, the spells i have now are a lot of fun and work really well within the framework of the game (anyone who hasnt tried the necromancy mod should, so much fun)