The Gaming Thread

yeah ive been waiting until i want to get back into it to start dawnguard (picked it up on steam for cheap earlier). i dont remember what level you stop getting skill points at but its somewhere in the 40-50 range.

The time has come to try Dishonoured out! I still want to play Dark souls too, but only once the PC community has fixed it up. I don't want to play a broken game, especially one that is already unforgiving which would pretty much turn it into a game that is hard for the wrong reasons. I want to get owned because I suck, not because the game decided it didn't want to function properly. :lol:

:lol: well put. the ps3 version had no problems that im aware of and i always died due to sucking :lol:

dishonored is a lot of fun. i will say this though, the only downfall is the lack of sneaking options. the good ending requires a minimal amount of kills (i think i had like 20 total), but it got a little boring because i was basicly only using sleep darts and choke holds. i started the game just with the intention to massacre everyone now and it is a lot of fun.

that being said, it is a really well done game and i did enjoy my sneak playthrough, but more non-lethal options would have flushed it out more. sneaking still made it really challanging (played it on hard....its really easy when you never get into fights :lol:)

So you get a better ending for taking the more boring road? I don't know if I want to commit to a no-kill playthrough.... If I start the game like that and then decide halfway through I don't like that approach I'm wasting my time. I think I'll just go with lethality anyways. Don't want to spend the whole time hiding snoring people like I did last night. lol, especially when the kills I did make were a lot more fun.

I will wait for Hitman : Absolution to arrive to play a pure stealth game. For now it's stabbing and murder with a little sneaking. :lol:

So you get a better ending for taking the more boring road? I don't know if I want to commit to a no-kill playthrough.... If I start the game like that and then decide halfway through I don't like that approach I'm wasting my time. I think I'll just go with lethality anyways. Don't want to spend the whole time hiding snoring people like I did last night. lol, especially when the kills I did make were a lot more fun.

I will wait for Hitman : Absolution to arrive to play a pure stealth game. For now it's stabbing and murder with a little sneaking. :lol:

i usually killed the targets, and maybe a few guys i deemed unavoidable deaths :lol:, so usually like 3-4 kills per level and a lot of sneaking. it gives you an overall chaos rating after each level so as long as you can keep it low youre good, but its a bit boring only doing stealth and you can look up the endings online anyway

haha hitman im so excited for. i hope its as good as the old ones (specifically 2)

So I've been following these videos for 3-4 hours and I think it might not work because I have a gamestop impulse PC download instead of a disc (which I thought I bought but apparently didn't...)

FML.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4SVTrL6y0&feature=plcp[/ame]

new diablo patch in one hour. they doubled the drop rates for set and legendary items (and with my demon hunter i see them all the time anyway XD) plus a surprising amount of content.

it looks like they tried to make D3 its own thing, and then are slowly making it more like D2. which really doesnt matter to me i suppose. i enjoyed how hard it used to be, and now im having fun grinding out end game content (and with monster power back i can still get a challange, which i hadnt had in months before i started hardcore).

now its easier for casuals

EDIT: just saw the BFG edition is out for doom 3, comes with doom 1 and 2. anyone getting it? i hate that the flashlight is no longer a seperate weapon. anything that makes a game easier is BS imo

Dickarse,

I am not getting the BFG edition, but only because I already own every Doom game on PC and I don't have money to blow on buying them again. lol. I hear Doom 3 has been upgraded a bit but it's nothing I have not accomplished with my own mods 8 years ago, so it's a little late for a professional game designer to add a couple tweaks that took me a few days to do on my own. Unless I missed some kind of holy grail of features?

As for Diablo 3 becoming easier, I don't think that should have been an issue. I suppose Hell mode should be easy enough to be beaten by more casual audiences but I don't think they should be nerfing Inferno, it's there for a reason. However I'd like to say that although D2 isn't the hardest game ever, it can be pretty unforgiving and I don't think making D3 more "casual" makes it more like Diablo 2.

In order to make it like D2 they need to add some re-playability, get rid of that retarded fucking Auction House (which seems to be one of the top reason people are leaving, and I totally fucking called it the day I heard about it, look back I ranted! :lol:) and add some PvP. Did they add PVP yet? Not sure I'm a little behind. Anyway PvP was one of my main draws to Diablo 2 once I'd bested the game in and out. The true thing that kept me coming back was to perfect my character builds and get an item with 1% more damage, just to be sure I could kick ass all over US East. Character builds are important, 1 stat point misspent and I'd seriously restart a character.

That utter perfecting of stats and skills and getting a perfect killing ratio along with the best gear I could find or trade, so I could measure myself against other very good players gave my countless hours of fun. D3 striped most of that out, instead relying on item hunts without any of the other options and building. I could rip through just about any player I came across with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions. Of course I also had a lot more time back then.

Ahhh Diablo 2....

now at monster level 1, all acts in inferno drop the same quality loot at the same rate. so the auction house is gonna die as only the truely godly rare items will be worth anything. the rest can simply be bought or farmed with complete ease. i was farming act 3 inferno at 200% magic find and finding set items and legendaries (in addition to a ton of shit level 50 items) pretty frequently, every couple runs of the arreat cratar. now that the rate is doubled and you can do this in act 1, anyone can do it. i can kill almost anything in one shot in act 1 :lol:, elites included. also nothing under level 58 drops in inferno :D

also, D2 may have had stats, but its no skill or math like people make it out to be. every build i ever looked up for D2 was "put x amount of points in str to unlock skills, then pump the rest into vit". in this you get one point in everything, 2 in vit, and 3 in your main stat. so you still end up with a wizard with no str and only vit/int.
build diversity is better now. for instance, there were many skills for people wanting to make a wizard who raped everything. disintegration, energy armor, diamond skin, hydras, blizzard, meteor, thats just off the top of my head.
people also made a critical mass wizards, if you stacked enough crit chance, every time you crit you got your skills cooldowns reduced, meaning people could gear themselves to keep skills up forever.

i think its a bit too focused on gear, but i find most peoples problem is they dont understand it. there are 3 defensive stats in D3, most rpgs only have armor and health. this also had elemental resistance. it is not explained at all and so almost everyone makes stupid builds that are ineffective. you see things like crazy high armor, super high resistance to all elements, nearly no health, so you die in one shot and wonder WHY?!

on the other hand, complaints are totally valid and i wont pretend they arent there. the fact that it still has no pvp is embarassing to say the least, and in many ways all the changes theyve made...well the people who complained all these months were correct in many ways. the item hunt isnt fun, but should be easy now. and there are really no crazy fun builds like the hammerdin or some of the others i heard about. i liked the idea that one item could give you a super fun special skill that combined with the right build, was insanity
also, softcore becomes boring in D3. i will never make another demon hunter simply because mine is such a beast. ill try new skills but ill probably never buy him new items. i have 70 MILLION gold, so i can at any time, start a new character, level him to 60 and instantly buy his gear off the AH. that kinda takes from the fun of struggling in any way. i could do a purist run now i suppose...

also, i never modded doom 3 but now i want to XD. also figure i should say im not trying to be hostile either, just love a good debate ;). ive never once said Diablo 3 was better than 2, but its still a game i enjoy :)

So I started Oblivion today and I get to the part where I need to find allies to fight the gate at bruma to achieve a great sigil stone or whatever and before leaving I sleep for a couple hours and wake up with vampirism and now i'm like 8 days in and can't get 5 grand soul gems for the quest to cure it.... I'm so fucking pissed, I didn't get vampirism in skyrim until after playing for months but NOOOOOO in Oblivion i'm already a fucking vampire after playing for 4 hours...

So I started Oblivion today and I get to the part where I need to find allies to fight the gate at bruma to achieve a great sigil stone or whatever and before leaving I sleep for a couple hours and wake up with vampirism and now i'm like 8 days in and can't get 5 grand soul gems for the quest to cure it.... I'm so fucking pissed, I didn't get vampirism in skyrim until after playing for months but NOOOOOO in Oblivion i'm already a fucking vampire after playing for 4 hours...

That's actually quite rare, usually the only way I would contract it was to go looking to get infected.

That's actually quite rare, usually the only way I would contract it was to go looking to get infected.
And it was in the blades temple in daytime too, with fucking 5-6 guards? Seriously fucked up... And its impossible to cure since their impossible to find anywhere but 3 spots (1 of them doesn't work, the door that's suppose to lead to the place doesn't say anything when I look at it and I can jump through the door and end up under the map) and I can't fucking buy from anyone!