The Gaming Thread

Don't you get it? There is NO option to change it, there use to be a browse button and now its not there when I tried installed for the 2nd and 3rd time, and when it did work I tried installing it to c:Morrowind like the guy in the video I posted the other day and it said I was unable... I think it was suppose to be c:/Morrowind but I don't see how that would change anything. Now all it wants to go to is desktop because out of the 100000000000 files I could of put it in, desktop and programfiles.86 are the only ones that work.

:lol:

well you got the slash right

Ahh Alright I get it now. Sorry but the first few posts were not that descriptive, you kind of ran your thoughts together without explaining the full details. I see your problem now. That is pretty weird that it will not allow you to choose a directory. You clearly have the original disc so there is not a lot of explanation for that besides some kind of a registry issue. It won't let you install to any other location, I am kind of interested in this I'm going to look it up.:lol:

Hmm it doesn't really sound like this would work, I tried typing, clicking etc when the thing that comes after when you press "run" and nothing happened, maybe I'll try later..

Hmm it doesn't really sound like this would work, I tried typing, clicking etc when the thing that comes after when you press "run" and nothing happened, maybe I'll try later..

I looked at it and I think the process was not accurate enough but I can almost assure you it is just a simple registry issue. If you are running Windows 7 it's even more certain since Windows 7 has an issue with keeping Morrowind install path in registry so you cannot change it.

I looked at it and I think the process was not accurate enough but I can almost assure you it is just a simple registry issue. If you are running Windows 7 it's even more certain since Windows 7 has an issue with keeping Morrowind install path in registry so you cannot change it.
So I can't change it? That's fucking complete bullshit... Spent 20+ hours trying to make this work for nothing? Wow...

No you can definitely fix it. I didn't mean that. I mean you need to fix the registry so you can install elsewhere. I quoted someone else but when I looked into it myself it was not specific enough. It should be simple but again I won't duplicate the problem so I can't make my own explanation to help. I can find something if I looked further I guess

This reminds me of all the issues I was having trying to install Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 when I first got Windows 7 without running win 98 boxed. Shit drove me insane. Then I came across the easiest way to do it in ze world.

Yea honestly I think the first one completely shits all over the rest, Assassins creeed 1 is a AMAZING game, the rest are OK. :)

i can agree with this, the story in the first was the best, although i enjoy where the second is taking it the last boss in the first felt....strange :lol:. the second one was my favorite in terms of combat. just because the two wrist blades > just one :p. i will admit it was basicly the same, get good enough until you learn the counter attack, and then counter attack everything and win, never take damage.

the window for being able to successfully counter is so relaxed theres no point in learning anything else :lol:

I beat Dishonored using stealth almost entirely, only making kills on a few occasions and I have to say it was a pretty damn fun game. I remember Niki mentioning that he wishes there was more variety for knocking enmies out and I while I do somewhat agree, I found that the variety in stealth is more about enviornmental exploration than anything. To be totally honest I only used 1 sleeping dart the entire game, I never fired a regular crossbow bolt or a pistol or anything. I only choked guards out on occasion but even then I generally just sneaked past everyone I could to avoid their bodies being found end-level and thus increasing my chaos rating (assuming that is effected which I assumed it was). The problem was that yeah, I basically missed out on all of the weaponry and half of my powers by going pure non-lethal stealth. Still it was very fun regardless.

So after beating it with only a few kills and almost never alerting anyone, I started a new save file where instead of knocking guards out I simply kill anyone in my way. I don't go out of my way to kill everyone or anything like that since I still see it as a stealth game, but if someone gets in the way I don't take the time to wait it out. I simply deal with them and if I happen to get spotted I unleash the full force of Corvo's power and fuck everyone up that made the mistake of coming after me. I have to say that even by the third mission the game is quite a bit harder, and the enemy layout is very different than my first playthrough. Even though I'm only killing a certain percentage of the enemies there are a hell of a lot more Weepers, and rats around, not to mention more guards and even assassins coming after me. It is pretty satisfying to finally utilize all the weapons and powers at my disposal. With so many ways to complete each level I think Dishonored almost demands 2 playthroughs to get the full experience.

I beat Dishonored using stealth almost entirely, only making kills on a few occasions and I have to say it was a pretty damn fun game. I remember Niki mentioning that he wishes there was more variety for knocking enmies out and I while I do somewhat agree, I found that the variety in stealth is more about enviornmental exploration than anything. To be totally honest I only used 1 sleeping dart the entire game, I never fired a regular crossbow bolt or a pistol or anything. I only choked guards out on occasion but even then I generally just sneaked past everyone I could to avoid their bodies being found end-level and thus increasing my chaos rating (assuming that is effected which I assumed it was). The problem was that yeah, I basically missed out on all of the weaponry and half of my powers by going pure non-lethal stealth. Still it was very fun regardless.

So after beating it with only a few kills and almost never alerting anyone, I started a new save file where instead of knocking guards out I simply kill anyone in my way. I don't go out of my way to kill everyone or anything like that since I still see it as a stealth game, but if someone gets in the way I don't take the time to wait it out. I simply deal with them and if I happen to get spotted I unleash the full force of Corvo's power and fuck everyone up that made the mistake of coming after me. I have to say that even by the third mission the game is quite a bit harder, and the enemy layout is very different than my first playthrough. Even though I'm only killing a certain percentage of the enemies there are a hell of a lot more Weepers, and rats around, not to mention more guards and even assassins coming after me. It is pretty satisfying to finally utilize all the weapons and powers at my disposal. With so many ways to complete each level I think Dishonored almost demands 2 playthroughs to get the full experience.

nice man, i think by the end i was just tired of it, as i beat it in more or less a weekend :lol:. the stealth in it was awesome (i also still treat it as a stealth game, not going out of my way to kill, but if i slip up i fight). i liked having to find ways in and out of places, hiding bodies and choking people out. i too dont think i ever fired my pistol once :lol:, too loud. (although i ran out of things to spend money on so i upgraded it :p)

i never got far in a second playthrough but that sounds challanging. difficulty was a non issue with the no kill as when i got spotted i either reloaded, or played out the sword fight (generally to my death, as all 10 guards i just snuck by are now on their way)

I might get Dishonored then ;)

My favorite thing to do in fallout/TES or favorite CLASS I should say has always been stealth, on my lvl 57 in Skyrim I can walk right in front of someone and they DONT notice me! In New Vegas I would sneak at night and use my night vision helmet and go back like 2000 feet and snipe rangers heads off :)