The Gaming Thread

I might get Dishonored then ;)

My favorite thing to do in fallout/TES or favorite CLASS I should say has always been stealth, on my lvl 57 in Skyrim I can walk right in front of someone and they DONT notice me! In New Vegas I would sneak at night and use my night vision helmet and go back like 2000 feet and snipe rangers heads off :)

:lol: You play Bethesda games the same way I do. In all of TES games my first character is stealth based, relying on archery to either kill instantly or at least cripple, and then my secondary focus is usually long blades to finish them off. Fallout 3/new Vegas I also heavily rely on stealth,night vision, and long range accuracy. I think you will definitely like Dishonored if that's the type of play style you enjoy

see... i am a shameful meatshield. i cant help myself. in every game i play, i go front lines. i like mage classes, and thief classes sound real cool, but when it comes right down to it....i just wanna be a badass knight with a crazy high damage weapon.

Until not that long ago that's how I played most games too. I still do on occassion, I often have the philosophy to do as much damage as possible and end battles before they start. But I think it was actually a combination of The Elder Scrolls, Hitman and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that got me into stealth style games. I have a lot of love for the Stalker franchise, it was one of the most atmospheric, creepy and moddable games I've ever come across. It seems like a lot of people missed it and have no interest but it is a very unique open-world Horror-Shooter RPG. I guess it was a bit buggy on release, but it's a pure PC designed game that was made just for PC gamers.

You could go out at midnight with night-vision goggles and a sniper rifle to snipe an enemy encampment and clear it out. However at its core STALKER is a shooter, so it handles stealth differently than an RPG. The enemy's have more realistic vision that is not based on an "awareness gauge" where they just forget they just saw you. They have very keen eyesight like a person would, and once they know for sure they see you they will form a search party and hunt you down unless you can get the hell out of there. You have to keep moving in the dark behind objects and never staying long enough to be spotted in order to win a battle. The enemies can kill you in a few shots so one fuck up and it's over. You just need to be careful not to come across any mutants that will literally tackle and suck your blood out, and chameleons that go invisible most of the time.

I found original STALKER and STALKER Call Of Pripyat to be very intense, especially in the dark. Clear Sky wasn't very good though... Call of Pripyat is the most complete and polished of the series

More Raving!

:lol: You play Bethesda games the same way I do. In all of TES games my first character is stealth based, relying on archery to either kill instantly or at least cripple, and then my secondary focus is usually long blades to finish them off. Fallout 3/new Vegas I also heavily rely on stealth,night vision, and long range accuracy. I think you will definitely like Dishonored if that's the type of play style you enjoy
Exactly the way I play actually :D

Until not that long ago that's how I played most games too. I still do on occassion, I often have the philosophy to do as much damage as possible and end battles before they start. But I think it was actually a combination of The Elder Scrolls, Hitman and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that got me into stealth style games. I have a lot of love for the Stalker franchise, it was one of the most atmospheric, creepy and moddable games I've ever come across. It seems like a lot of people missed it and have no interest but it is a very unique open-world Horror-Shooter RPG. I guess it was a bit buggy on release, but it's a pure PC designed game that was made just for PC gamers.

You could go out at midnight with night-vision goggles and a sniper rifle to snipe an enemy encampment and clear it out. However at its core STALKER is a shooter, so it handles stealth differently than an RPG. The enemy's have more realistic vision that is not based on an "awareness gauge" where they just forget they just saw you. They have very keen eyesight like a person would, and once they know for sure they see you they will form a search party and hunt you down unless you can get the hell out of there. You have to keep moving in the dark behind objects and never staying long enough to be spotted in order to win a battle. The enemies can kill you in a few shots so one fuck up and it's over. You just need to be careful not to come across any mutants that will literally tackle and suck your blood out, and chameleons that go invisible most of the time.

I found original STALKER and STALKER Call Of Pripyat to be very intense, especially in the dark. Clear Sky wasn't very good though... Call of Pripyat is the most complete and polished of the series

More Raving!

call of pyripat so far is a good time for me. the other stalker games.....they just dont run. playing them is like digging in a pil of shit for a ruby. you know you'll theres something great inside there, and you know when youre done you'll have a story you'll never forget....but you have to get past all the shit

i tried stalker complete, but it still takes like 15 minutes to load every time you die, theres graphics and random crashes. i havent tried it in a long time but its a shame they couldnt get that game functioning like a computer product should, because the game itself was way ahead of its time.

Hmm, I tried to play Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl plenty of times but had the same problems with graphics, game getting stuck while loading etcetera. So basically a waste of money. :(
May buy Assassin's Creed next week but not sure whether I should get the PC game or for the Xbox. I haaaate the Xbox controllers but at the same time the PC games have been really shit (apart from AC II, that one was alright-ish)

Basically, I really need to buy a new computer with more RAM :rofl:

Keyboard + mouse is the way to go for sure, but I use a controller for some games like old side-scrollers.

It saddens me to hear that people are still having trouble with STALKER. I don't know how, I got it on release and even though it wasn't the most stable game then I was able to play through the entire game before any patches with only a few issues. Once it got patched up I literally have zero issues. Oh well... Makes me feel dumb to recommend it when that's what people say, but I know that many people all around the world also stand with me on it being one of the best shooters out there. So at least I'm not a total tool. :lol:

New Amnesia title is creeping closer, and I still can't play the game for longer than thirty minutes without dribbling pee all over myself and quitting. DAE be a pussy?

Finished diablo 3 on hardcore. as far as i can tell im number 610 in north america, 1550 worldwide ^_^. feels good man

might not have updated yet (just killed diablo this morning and the profiles take a while to update, should be good by tomorrow) but heres what did it, found those sweet legendary pants myself too ^_^

Icky Niki the second