The Gaming Thread

Well Deus Ex HR has been slow going due to lack of time, but so far everything has been awesome besides the boss encounter I had. As I fought him I kept thinking it feels really out of place and rushed, they just had him appear out of nowhere without any story or anything and pitted me in a gunfight? This guy is supposed to be a main nemesis and it was pretty anti-climactic to have him jump out of nowhere and gun him down. So I looked into it a little, Eidos OUTSOURCED the boss fights! That is asinine, it's no wonder it felt so out of place.

I could sit here and nit pick at Halo 4 all day here is some more complaints

Halo 4 Spartans lack realism

Halo: Reach/3 gameplay was carefully developed and crafted to make the spartans feel agile but still remind the game player of their heavy armor and weight. Every movement and sound was representative of this. Now however, the Spartans simply feel “cartoonish”. They lack the bulky, larger than life, heroic aspects that the Reach/4 gameplay and armor design offered.

Halo 4 weapons and abilities evaluation

One word: “fail”. Yes the battle rifle is back and yes its awesome. However, just because 343 did a little research on what their players liked in previous games doesn’t make up for the lack of realism in the other weapons. For example, the gravity hammer has lost its “umph” (for lack of a better term). Its smaller and lighter looking with what appears to be much less detail, but still packs the same amount of punch as its over-sized and awesome brother from Halo: Reach and 3. The sniper rifle has also lost its realism. The sound of the sniper shot just doesn’t seem measure up to its predecessor. While we’re talking about the sniper rifle, I must say I truly enjoyed the realism of losing the ability to use your scope when taking fire in Halo: Reach. It gave a sense of urgency and encouraged you to move your position, as if your were really in the field. Now though, you can stay scoped in on your enemy, even when taking fire.

The latest ordinance abilities such as speed boost and increased damage are on the top of my list for destroying the Halo gameplay. Watching a Spartan move with speed equivalent to the juggernaut in a slayer match just turns my stomach. Increased damage isn’t the worst thing 343 did, but the cumulative edition of all these ordinance abilities completely destroys the realism of the gameplay, in my opinion.

^beat me to it :lol:

nothing ruins a game for me like guns that dont feel like they have weight behind them though :/. like a big ass hammer should be a bit slow, but feel strong. i also love good gun sounds, if they can make a decent pistol that has a real nice crack to it, ill use it the entire game

Well Deus Ex HR has been slow going due to lack of time, but so far everything has been awesome besides the boss encounter I had. As I fought him I kept thinking it feels really out of place and rushed, they just had him appear out of nowhere without any story or anything and pitted me in a gunfight? This guy is supposed to be a main nemesis and it was pretty anti-climactic to have him jump out of nowhere and gun him down. So I looked into it a little, Eidos OUTSOURCED the boss fights! That is asinine, it's no wonder it felt so out of place.

you know....now that i think about it all the boss fights are out of place. the last boss is the best one imo.

i just remember several gun fights. i mean a boss should test all that youve learned and challenge it. doesnt fit very well in deus ex i guess. i was sneaking most of the time, so gunfights just felt wrong.
i mean combat is a non issue for me, i can learn it i just feel like there should have been other options or something.

not that theyre any better but at least MGS gave you the option to tranq the bosses...same deal though really. i liked how dishonored let you skip bosses (by sneaking sometimes) or you could just straight up assassinate them.
i got to one late boss (elite assassin something or something) and damn he had the same powers as me. cool boss but i ended up reloading and just sticking a knife in his throat from behind :lol:

That was Daud, the other infamous assassin that also received powers from the Outsider. He is a main part of the story I'm surprised you didn't get who he was. lol. However you're right, that was an awesome boss fight done right. You can simply pick-pocket him to send a message, assassinate him straight out or fight him head on. I think the best option is to fight him, it progresses the story better, and Daud is easily the most fun battle in the game. Since he continuously called off his own assassins from attacking me during our duel, I let him live when given the option. Seemed like the more interesting path to follow.

Anyways I kind of gave myself spoilers in Deus Ex HR by reading about the bosses being outsourced. Now I am expecting more of the same, but I still don't think it takes away from the experience overall. It's a good change of pace to keep me sharp if anything, especially since I've gone entirely stealth up to this point.

I just love how in MW3 I can shoot someone straight in the stomach while hes running toward me from 200+ feet and not kill him, and afterwards still running towards you like you didn't just get a .50 cal bullet right into your organs,

Oh and "My best friend" hence the quotes just spoiled the ending of the campaign for Halo 4 something thats been highly awaited for me. Even though I hate the Multiplayer doesn't mean I want the goddamned games story spoiled. Oh and I can repay the favor though I will spoil the ending to COD BL2 later on tomorrow after the games plot posted on wikipedia.

Fuck him and his 98K gamerscore.

That was Daud, the other infamous assassin that also received powers from the Outsider. He is a main part of the story I'm surprised you didn't get who he was. lol. However you're right, that was an awesome boss fight done right. You can simply pick-pocket him to send a message, assassinate him straight out or fight him head on. I think the best option is to fight him, it progresses the story better, and Daud is easily the most fun battle in the game. Since he continuously called off his own assassins from attacking me during our duel, I let him live when given the option. Seemed like the more interesting path to follow.

Anyways I kind of gave myself spoilers in Deus Ex HR by reading about the bosses being outsourced. Now I am expecting more of the same, but I still don't think it takes away from the experience overall. It's a good change of pace to keep me sharp if anything, especially since I've gone entirely stealth up to this point.

i was moving so slow, playing on hard and doing a no kill run. by the time i got to the next story part i had generally forgotten what i was doing, after 2 levels the past was a mystery haha. also assassinating all the bosses means i missed out on story too :lol:
dunno why, but the story didnt grab me

but what is grabbing me is your deus ex updates :lol:. i might have to play that game again...

those two things are mutually exclusive, you cannot both be a spoiler and a friend.

same guy who soiled borderlands 2? :lol:. guess you gotta confront him or beat games faster (i actually take forever to finish games now >_>)

It sounds like THQ is going to go bankrupt, partially because of the amount of money it poured into Darksiders 2...which is a fantastic game. I wish more people had bought it.

those two things are mutually exclusive, you cannot both be a spoiler and a friend.

same guy who soiled borderlands 2? :lol:. guess you gotta confront him or beat games faster (i actually take forever to finish games now >_>)
I take so damn long cause I am caught up in the Multiplayer and yes its the same dude that spoiled Borderlands 2

Have some common courtesy as to say "Hey I am going to discuss the campaign leave the party if you don't want spoilers"

He did this just to piss me off cause I didn't take him to the midnight release party cause I had to work/vote that same day. Oh please berate me cause I work for a living and had to do my civil duties by voting something you could care less about.

It sounds like THQ is going to go bankrupt, partially because of the amount of money it poured into Darksiders 2...which is a fantastic game. I wish more people had bought it.
Everyone was busy buying WWE 13 and leaving Darksiders 2 in the dust.