The Gaming Thread

Well I suck at downloading stuff like that so obviously I/we messed up quite a few things, when the steam started working my computer was slower than a turtle after taking 12 bong hits, and the game itself didn't work because my computer was to old. So I guess the problem was my computer was just shit.

Have you gotten a nice computer since? The games are much better on a nice rig than on either console.

Well yes and no, its not the best computer, but it ran Morrowind, Diablo 3, SWTOR, WoW, etc on the highest graphic settings possible perfectly, the disc drive broke a while ago though and I don't care enough to get it fixed.

I also have a Mac Book Pro 2013.

And to add on top of that, for whatever reason, on this computer running it to a TV with a HDMI cable (which people tell should look even better than my laptop screen) looks like fucking shit, and no matter what settings on the TV never fits the screen.

It should at least be able to run it now, unsure on what settings.

Have you made sure you have your cards most recent graphics card drivers? Also does the TV have the option of a stand monitor input on it?

If it's anything like the previous Metro game your graphic settigns will be questionable. Metro 2033 was a beast of a game graphically(Requirements were much higher than Crysis for example), and I expect Last Light to be worse if anything. Diablo 3 and SWTOR are not really a good judge of what your computer can run since they are both relatively easy on the Graphics card. Try it on mediuma nd adjust form there. I intend to play Last Light very soon, jsut gotta finish my Crysis Marathon first. I'm starting Cyrsis 3, so far it's pretty cool, but a little too similar to C2. I preferred the first game so far.

Oh man, Metro improved on everything I loved about the last game. It feels like the story is executed differently, but I'm about 4 hours in and I'm really enjoying it. Very few complaints.

I really don't see the benefit of having either upcoming console at this point, other than in house co-op gaming. They are both disappointing in many ways, especially the upcoming xbox.

i forget what i wanted to put here but i hate wasted space. it was sunny as fuck today

I really don't see the benefit of having either upcoming console at this point, other than in house co-op gaming. They are both disappointing in many ways, especially the upcoming xbox.

couldnt agree more. it just turns consoles into a shitty computer with even more rules. always on internet, and you cant play games if you havent signed in once every 24 hours. i always buy games i like, almost 95%+ new games, sometimes ill lend a game to a buddy to try out. i like playin co-op at a friends house while drinking and smoking and games now seem to be moving away from offline co-op (resource heavy, borderlands 2 looks like a pile of garbage on splitscreen compared to PC).

and yet people will line up to suck mircosofts micro/soft dick and they will make BILLIONS. for once i have 0 interest in any new system, dont even care to do in depth research. already too many things i dont find worth my money