The Gaming Thread

When I started replaying the first I noticed how much easier it was. I intentionally refused to level up until I was challenged and made it all the way to the Hydra the long way before I got owned and levelled up/got new gear. I only had basic gear so I did skip the Gargoyles but I fought everything else. I guess it is just because I played it before but still seemed easier than I remember.

I mean, the Souls games (for the most part) are more about teaching you the rough way how to better the game, leveling you up as a player more than anything, so yeah every play through after the first had been remarkably easier.

after a friend of mine finished dark souls he went back to play demon souls again. said it was much easier now that he had an idea of the mechanics.

i feel that way about ds2, progression is clearer for a character you already know, but you still have to learn the enemies haha

Someone told me DS2 is more linear. In the sense that none of the areas connect or intertwine like the first. You have a central hub and you just branch out from there and then when you reach the end of an area you just head back the way you came. Not sure how I feel about that. I always liked the way everything in DS1 connected and you would use a door and realize "oh hey that way over there is where I started".

Someone told me DS2 is more linear. In the sense that none of the areas connect or intertwine like the first. You have a central hub and you just branch out from there and then when you reach the end of an area you just head back the way you came. Not sure how I feel about that. I always liked the way everything in DS1 connected and you would use a door and realize "oh hey that way over there is where I started".

sounds like every follow up game in history, ever. kinda :p

DS2 is not very linear, at least not enough to start moaning about "the good old days". theres a central town like in demons souls, which has 3-4 exits leading into the world. you can now warp via bonfires which is a nice update. there is still a lot of arriving in a new area and "go left or right, both are completely new areas". sometimes you just hit a wall where everything is taking half your health and you think "eh i should go back to the start and try that other area". you find a lot of locked doors or impassable areas that you'll come back to

eventually you reach the end, and return to the central hub again, like literally every other incarnation of this game. i find some things are now simplified because they were needlessly complicated in the past (like having to find 10 kinds of embers and then 30 kinds of materials, or getting the ability to warp at the last 20% of dark souls 1 lol)

I'm sure it's still awesome I wasn't really bitching, I have not played it yet. I just liked how much DS1 had a labyrinth feel to it. And yeah adding a warp feature earlier would be a nice addition. You can rush to Anor Lando and get the warp pretty easy but yeah you have to complete quite a few main tasks before that and even then you can't warp to some places I would have liked.