The Gaming Thread

evil within so far is neat, framerate can be set to 60fps and letterbox can be removed. controls seem fine (although im annoyed i cant use my extra mouse buttons).

enemies are tough, should be fun depending on how good i can get haha. im not a fan of amnesia cause you dont get a gun, so im well aware im a bastard :lol:

Maybe in terms of mechanics Amnesia was better, but for me whats more improtant is the story and atmosphere. And here Penumbra wins.
Didnt play machine for pigs after I saw some gameplays. Looks like cheap mod filled with jumpscares, but someday will try it anyway,.

evil within so far is neat, framerate can be set to 60fps and letterbox can be removed. controls seem fine (although im annoyed i cant use my extra mouse buttons).

enemies are tough, should be fun depending on how good i can get haha. im not a fan of amnesia cause you dont get a gun, so im well aware im a bastard :lol:

I dont know how casual you are, but dont you feel that using a mouse in this game feels like you are operating an analog stick? It's not smooth at all.
If you want to shoot, again, I recommend Underhell, it's like better FEAR, plenty of horror and some fps elements too, you should like it.

Maybe in terms of mechanics Amnesia was better, but for me whats more improtant is the story and atmosphere. And here Penumbra wins.
Didnt play machine for pigs after I saw some gameplays. Looks like cheap mod filled with jumpscares, but someday will try it anyway,.

I think it is a matter of if you prefer the modern setting of penumbra or the historical/gothic setting of amnesia...both games are good.

I dont know how casual you are, but dont you feel that using a mouse in this game feels like you are operating an analog stick? It's not smooth at all.
If you want to shoot, again, I recommend Underhell, it's like better FEAR, plenty of horror and some fps elements too, you should like it.

after all the time ive sunk into games, casual wouldnt describe me at all. this would be my main hobby.

using a mouse to aim is perfectly accurate, which is why PC versions of FPS games are always the competitive version instead of the console one. because point and click beats controller in terms of precision. ive only played this a couple hours, feels like resident evil 4 more or less. i guess im just not understanding what the alternative would be.
it is annoying when enemies get too close that you tend to miss because its zoomed in

i loved FEAR so ill check it out ^_^

Eh, Amnesia wins in mechanics and atmospheric immersion. As far as A Machine For Pigs goes...the story is awesome, but everything else from their games is lacking.

I think it is a matter of if you prefer the modern setting of penumbra or the historical/gothic setting of amnesia...both games are good.

I dont mind gothic at all, to be honest if someone would create a good story I would actually prefer medieval / reneisance / gothic settings.

From the other hand I'd love to try Alien: Isolation more but I feel like I wont be able to be immersed completely because of sci-fi setting, which i dont really like.

^Well me neither but I don't know this many things! Does that mean I'm retarded? :(

na, these games are all in a niche section. this entire page has basically been survival horror games. not AAA and not well known unless you play a lot of games and look for them specifically (having played resident evil or something)

anyone played sniper elite? i have v2 and debating getting v3. theres a kill hitler dlc for v2 which is awesome. the sniping is realistic (bullet drop and windspeed) and for special shots you get an xray bullet cam.

I couldnt get into Sniper Elite, i felt like I was constanlty being forced to hold hands with NPC (unless im mixing other sniper game). Got boring for me quickly.

I enjoyed stealth and snipering in Metro2034 though.

Am I the only one that didn't think Amnesia was scary? I got bored and left it at about 70% completion. (Yes, I played with headphones and at night)

Am I the only one that didn't think Amnesia was scary? I got bored and left it at about 70% completion. (Yes, I played with headphones and at night)

Nah I do not think it was scary it was however a very exciting and fun to try to stay alive and hide from all the monsters....I didn't care much for the puzzles they should have focused more on the survival and hiding aspect of the game.

Yea, it was scary maybe 1-2 times, then it got repetetive and basicaly this game only has one monster.

Penumbra also had only one type of enemies, but you met them rarely.

Also, the characters of Tom Redwood and Clarence are amazing, especially Clarence. Monkey :devil: