The Gaming Thread

Are they finally? I heard few of them were, but not all of them. While I enjoyed the books in polish language I wouldnt guarantee they are as good in english because of dialogs, odl polish mixed with modern polish brings nice atmosphere to the book, thats why the Witcher games are the only one im playing in native language and not in english, eveyrthing lies in the dialogs.

As for the games, Witcher 1 was far from perfect, combat system could get boring quickly, but the raw atmosphere made it a nice game for its times.
Witcher 2 was very good game with true replayablity, because you HAD to beat the game at least twica, because after 1st chapter, depending on which route you took the game was completely different. Combat system got better, graphics were very good and at least polish voice acting (exluding Saskia, jesus fuckin christ, my ass is better VA) was amazing. Definitely not 10/10 game, but 8+/10 for sure.

I wouldnt blame you if for getting bored with Witcher 1, it was hard not to get bored in the swamp. I heard people compalining about the game being extremely "grey" and depressing, couldnt blame for that either, I personally loved it but its certainly not for everyone.
Cant agree about Witcher 2 being boring though, unless you are not into RPGs, then yeah, it was typical RPG, if you find them boring then Witcher is boring as well.

I just hope Witcher wont fail as sandbox. Skyrim failed for me becasue of copypaste dungeons and enviroment.

Are they finally? I heard few of them were, but not all of them. While I enjoyed the books in polish language I wouldnt guarantee they are as good in english because of dialogs, odl polish mixed with modern polish brings nice atmosphere to the book, thats why the Witcher games are the only one im playing in native language and not in english, eveyrthing lies in the dialogs.

As for the games, Witcher 1 was far from perfect, combat system could get boring quickly, but the raw atmosphere made it a nice game for its times.
Witcher 2 was very good game with true replayablity, because you HAD to beat the game at least twica, because after 1st chapter, depending on which route you took the game was completely different. Combat system got better, graphics were very good and at least polish voice acting (exluding Saskia, jesus fuckin christ, my ass is better VA) was amazing. Definitely not 10/10 game, but 8+/10 for sure.

I do not know if it's all of the books but I know some of them at least have been translated. I like dark fantasy so the witcher series seems promising!

Cant count how many times I tried to like The Witcher. I want to like it so bad but the first game is just soooo god damn boring and I couldn't stand the combat or quests. I've never gotten further than 6 hours in before realizing it's just not getting better. It's a shame because fans of it swear it's amazing.

Anyone playing the Game of Thrones Telltale game?

I finished it this weekend. As a huge GOT fan I thought it was fucking awesome. Definitely captures the feel of the show. If you liked past Telltale games and the show, definitely get it.

I never played the Witcher 1 but I thought Witcher 2 was fantastic. Don't really understand how someone could find that boring, unless they just don't like RPG's at all.

Your opinions make no sense anyway. You come to conclusions based on completely irrelevant and downright retarded nitpicks, so naturally any opinion you have doesn't even register one way or the other since there is no value in it. Delays mean nothing. Great games get delayed, and bad buggy games also get delayed. Oh well :)

No, if developer makes poor decisions, lies, do some real bad character design, release the game for all platforms at the same time I have all rights to be at least sceptical nowadays.
Name one game that got repetidly delayed and turned out amazing. Preferably between 2010-2014. Definitely not Duke Nukem or Diablo and these were big names.

I was hyped for Dragon Age 3, but as development progressed and studio was telling about their decisions, gameplay mechanics, showing screenshots I also was almost 100 % sure that the game would fail. I wish this time i was wrong, because I had great hopes for Witcher 3.

I know you guys would need some guy from CDP to enter your house, put a gun to your head and say "witcher 3's gunna suck, understood m8?" to make you feel sceptical. I envy your optimism or blindness

Another great gaming news, Sarkeesian invited to develop Mirrors Edge 2. Ill just leave it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Dc7fnGPcA

God, im so thankful that i have a lot of old games I can play for almost eternity if all new games would start to suck suddenly.

I have no problem with being skeptical of games but even games that I liked and are universally praised by fans and critics you find some completely dumb reason to call it shit. Everyone has personal opinions but yours are erratic and turn small issues into game ruining catastrophes. So I've just realized you don't have reliable opinions because you have no spectrum, either you like a game or you find a small reason to give it a 1/10. If you have a very narrow criteria on what makes a game good that's fine and that works for you, but I prefer to find a balance of redeemable qualities when they are there. For example, you usually act retarded, but you occasionally have good moments and you can growl pretty nice. See, compromise. :lol:

I still have not played Dragon Age 3, but it seems to have a lot of people that are butthurt giving it a flat out 0 on metacritic rather than a constructive and honest breakdown of the game. I can't trust jaded opinions that are obviously not being objective so until I have played it myself I will not judge it. I'm waiting for the glitches to be dealt with so I get to play it as it was intended.

Also keep in mind I don't like the Witcher, I'm not being optimistic about it. I just find your reasons for disliking any topic from women to music to movies to be blindly black and white, or picky.

agree completely with belac :lol:. its either terrible because of some minor detail (and if you didnt notice it youre a casual) or theres some shitty half life 2 mod that does one thing slightly better lol. but i guess you do really only like the generally well liked first person games (CS, penumbra, HL2, now mirrors edge)

like from memory... dragon age is bad because the females models arent great, skyrim is bad because theres no dwarves, evil within is bad because the controls werent great (not unplayable, just less than perfect) etc etc.

its either a 10/10, or a 1/10

I was hyped for Dragon Age 3, but as development progressed and studio was telling about their decisions, gameplay mechanics, showing screenshots I also was almost 100 % sure that the game would fail. I wish this time i was wrong, because I had great hopes for Witcher 3.

See what you do? You project an opinion before experiencing something thereby effecting how you will experience it itself by the time you actually take it in. You're a fan of self sabotage.