The Gaming Thread

MGS2 should be named Metal Gear PlotTwist 2. I wouldnt be surprised if konami didnt eventually know what happened.

Now to MGS 3. And then Ill have to buy Ps3 for MGS4 :(

I just bought Insurgency (it's on sale for $4.99 right now), anyone play? Similar to CS but more realistic, got really good reviews.

^ I wasn't aware AoS took a stance on #gamergate.

I feel like I'm the only one that does not know what the hell this "gamergate" is. With a name like that it just sounds like an over-blown, retarded bunch of people making a big deal out of nothing. I read one article that seemed to be one-sided and supporting some girl (not sure who, I think it was a developer or something?) and it seemed like there was really nothing worth looking at. Almost like it was just some empty outrage on all fronts.

And could everyone stop attaching the word "-gate" to everything to make small things seem like some kind of huge conspiracy that's an international threat to the two-story houses, white picket fences and the American dream? There have seriously been like 10 different "scandals" in all forms of media and politics that are literally completely forgettable (or non existent) being given some stamp of evil by adding "-gate" to it.

:)

I started playing Fable 1 last weekend but I had a game breaking crash at Witchwood with 2 separate characters... It was pretty disappointing to have an unavoidable story breaking crash, I actually really like the first Fable and had not played it in many years.

been playing a lot of path of exile lately, really love the game and the company

Bored with WoW, downloading Diablo 3 again :kickass:

Is the expansion worth buying?

the expasion makes the game a lot better tbh. im bored with it now....but ive played over 3000 hours lol. they have seasons (ladders) now and it isnt pay 2 win anymore lol

the d3 expansion fixed a lot of the problems i had with d3, so i'd say go for it :) i still don't think the game has any longevity though, no matter what niki says ;)

:lol:!

youre right though, ive played it enough to know a ton of the tiny details that may not bother most people, and while the game engine itself is unbeatable, the balance issues and decisions blizzard often takes are very backwards and short-sighted.

for example, they released the new patch with lots of class and item updates....3 weeks before the first season ended. meaning all the work people put into the first season has been basically for nothing because the last 3 weeks has more powerful gear and class balances. ridiculous

the d3 expansion fixed a lot of the problems i had with d3, so i'd say go for it :) i still don't think the game has any longevity though, no matter what niki says ;)

Yeah I don't expect to be playing it for very long, last time I played it (two years ago) I only got through the acts once. I'll wait for a sale on the expansion though :kickass:

the expasion makes the game a lot better tbh. im bored with it now....but ive played over 3000 hours lol. they have seasons (ladders) now and it isnt pay 2 win anymore lol

:lol:!

youre right though, ive played it enough to know a ton of the tiny details that may not bother most people, and while the game engine itself is unbeatable, the balance issues and decisions blizzard often takes are very backwards and short-sighted.

for example, they released the new patch with lots of class and item updates....3 weeks before the first season ended. meaning all the work people put into the first season has been basically for nothing because the last 3 weeks has more powerful gear and class balances. ridiculous

So the balancing is a lot like WoW's, then. They always make short-term changes there, and they really are very bad at competitive PvP. I think Chris Metzen said he wished they never introduced arenas to the game :lol:

So in Diablo, how do the seasons work? I didn't know there was PvP in it

I didnt want to post that, because I will miss this fine ass when I visit this thread but oh well.

Just finished MGS3, shed a manly tear of solidarity with the Naked Snake at the ending and looks like its the end of my journey with MGS for now. Im not willing to play mobile titles, dont have PS3 to play MGS 4 and without finishing MGS 4 i dont want to touch ground zeros although I heard its ridiculously short.

@edit
fuk it, this thread needs asses on every new page now.

10409643_10203676017035774_5915822990417972373_n_1024x1024.jpg

time to play batman!

Yeah I don't expect to be playing it for very long, last time I played it (two years ago) I only got through the acts once. I'll wait for a sale on the expansion though :kickass:

So the balancing is a lot like WoW's, then. They always make short-term changes there, and they really are very bad at competitive PvP. I think Chris Metzen said he wished they never introduced arenas to the game :lol:

So in Diablo, how do the seasons work? I didn't know there was PvP in it

the pvp is kinda bad, pretty much pure one shot mechanics lol.

seasons are basically, you start a new character with no stash items or anything. see how far you can get in 6 months, after which your season items and characters get moved to the standard league (or hardcore if thats your thing)

the pvp is kinda bad, pretty much pure one shot mechanics lol.

seasons are basically, you start a new character with no stash items or anything. see how far you can get in 6 months, after which your season items and characters get moved to the standard league (or hardcore if thats your thing)

Ah so in seasons you simply play from scratch and get the best gear possible to rise in the ladders?

yeah. theres also greater rifts which are random levels, see how deep you can get.

that eventually becomes "who can kill enemies in 15 minutes without getting one shot" lol.

but if youre only looking for 30-50 hours, you can deck out a sweet character and enjoy parties and builds and find awesome gear!

Dying Light just came out today, it looks pretty cool but I'm gonna wait for some reviews to start rolling in cause it looks like it could get really repetitive. Anyone picking it up?

yeah. theres also greater rifts which are random levels, see how deep you can get.

that eventually becomes "who can kill enemies in 15 minutes without getting one shot" lol.

but if youre only looking for 30-50 hours, you can deck out a sweet character and enjoy parties and builds and find awesome gear!

At paragon 9 now, have a few legendary's and greens so I'm thinking it'll be as you said, 30-50 hours. Great game, will definitely get the expansion once the money-fairy pays me a visit :p

Since we are talking about zombies I will once again recommend Contagion. Best multiplayer zombie experiance for me so far. Game is not updated and polished enough to my tastes but damn, is it amazing. It's also very chalenging, requires superb cooperation between players, resource sharing and careful use of bullets.

And then everything goes to hell, because you are in decontamination room and you see armored zombie which spawns 1-2 per map knocking at the glass. Nowhere to run, prepare to die :lol: