The Gaming Thread

Contagion is more tactical that l4d. In l4d you can close your eyes, fullauto and you have a chance to make it to the end. In contagion it means death. Also, ammo is really, really previous + randomness of map generation and resources spawn. You should try it and you want buddies to play with you :)

got dying light, its like a better dead island.

darkest dungeon is a pretty cool game. i like it so far. its a fair bit like xcom except way nicer looking. feel like it will get boring eventually.

season 2 of diablo 3 starts on friday. hype!

Played Dying Light all day yesterday. Pretty good game so far, it is definitely an improvement on Dead Island with the zombies actually being a threat. The whole parkour aspect really adds to it as well given the need to constantly salvage resources.

And I got bored after 1st cutscene. Graphics have some terribleu grain/blur combo and the action camera just makes me sick not excited. I guess im way too picky about games after MGS Groung Zeroes. But if console port can look and play amazing I think we could expect something similiar from PC games. Also, voice acting is bad, accent is trying to cover this fact. Cant say anything about gameplay yet, but I need to find a day when ill be less grumpy, otherwise i would uninstall this game quickly.

I actually removed the blur and film grain. Plays better and looks clearer. I was getting irritated with too much glare obstructing my view, especially at night when the nastier zombies come out and need to be able to run your ass off without getting blinded every time you pass a fire.

Edit : This Game Launcher lets to enable and disable the graphical settings and also lets you bypass annoying intro videos.
http://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/18/?

:lol:its hard to get into a review of the filter in the first cutscene. that being said the real issues are more related to the actual game (each quest is a "run for like 5 hours to kill one zombie then 5 hours in another direction", the loot is in general very basic and bland, even the upgrade system is straight out of 1992)

it does a lot of things really right though (like making nighttime a flight zone lol), guns are rare but powerful, and ammo is also fairly rare.

payday 2 gets its infamy update on march 5. that game is really excellent, and is one of the few games whos constant release of DLC is actually a huge boon. the weapons you get are not gamebreaking or exceptionally powerful in any way, you are not shot ahead in terms of performance (ie you still have to level up and find the gun mods), and you can play all the levels of all released dlc even if you dont own it (you just cant host a server)

And i decided screw it and plan Heroes of the Storm.

As a former LoL player - i like it very much. If that cancerous community wont migrate to hots, im sold. Dynamic, quick, pleasant.

:lol:its hard to get into a review of the filter in the first cutscene. that being said the real issues are more related to the actual game (each quest is a "run for like 5 hours to kill one zombie then 5 hours in another direction", the loot is in general very basic and bland, even the upgrade system is straight out of 1992)

it does a lot of things really right though (like making nighttime a flight zone lol), guns are rare but powerful, and ammo is also fairly rare.

After playing through a lot of the main campaign I must say Dying Light is a much different game than Dead Island and is an improvement in every way. It is a fairly hardcore game and the free running aspect really elevates it, especially when you find yourself in those situations at night where you have to run. I also especially like the lack of fast travel.

Yesterday i bought indie early access game. 99 % it's trash, but The Long Dark turned out to be amazing survival game. You crashed in northern canada and u need to try to survive as long as you can. I managed to make it for 5 days and 12 hours so far, extreme bad luck killed me, got caught in the blizzard, lost my way and eventually got attacked by wolf. I barely killed the bastard, i was on really low health, somehow stopped the bleeding, then i quickly found a place where i could start the fire in the rocks i froze solid and descended into darkness.

Damn the game is good

So yea... I did not like that ending to Dying Light. Not to happy...

Nope, they decided to make it a bit darker. The last stretch of the game drags a bit. Near the end, once the game stops being a survival game and you start fearlessly cleaving through piles of zombies with a giant bastard sword it loses steam. Final battle sucked balls too, quicktime events are a shit way to do a final boss, even if the gauntlet to get to it was pretty cool.

That said, all in all I really liked the game. Even when it starts to get a bit easy towards the end it is satisfying to cut 4 zombies in half with one swing of your claymore.